032

"I don't want you to be human."

Aetos gently drops the spatula he was holding in his hand and turned to face Colson. They were back in Aetos' house, Pytor upstairs in his room with Toby and the loud sound of music coming from his room. Colson doesn't want to know or even think about what they might be doing up there.

"Colson, we've talked about this."

"It doesn't seem fair, you know. I have my water mojo and you'll be human."

"To be honest, I've actually been thinking of another option." Aetos said, taking one look at the sauce he had been making before turning back to Colson who was staring at him with wide eyes. "I was thinking about asking Erik to turn me."

Colson's jaw dropped, his eyes wide as he stared at his mate. What in the everloving fuck? He had been thinking a lot about the changing thing and had felt selfish for asking Aetos to give up a big part of himself when he wasn't going to give anything up. It hadn't felt right. Like he was asking for too much.

To know that he has been thinking about this alternative made Colson fetl a hundred times better but just as guilty.

"Aetos, you don't have to do all this for me."

"Actually, this is for me. I have loved a few things in my life but drinking blood wasn't one of them. I love you, I love cooking, I love Pytor, I love a handful of others but going years and years, watching people come and die, seeing everyone else grow old but you. It wasn't what I wanted. I wasn't given a choice, I was born this way and I thought that after a while I would have gotten someone to drive a stake through my heart and put me to sleep. It was all getting too much." Aetos said, this far away look in his eyes. The vampire turned off the stove and Colson was suddenly there, wrapping his arms around his mate. It hurt him to know Aetos felt like this.

"But I found you though. You walked into the room and everything felt a hundred times better. You are my everything, my moon and my stars. If I watch you grow old, if I watch you die while I stay young and immortal, I'd go mad.  It would be what kills me." Aetos said, wrapping his arms tight around Colson. "I have been around werewolves for a long while, I was there when Erik's father was the Alpha, I watched Erik grow up and became one of his best friends. Werewolves to me, were a blessing. They had it all and they didn't need blood to survive."

Colson pulls back and looks up at Aetos. "You've been thinking about this."

"I have, ever since I found out you were my mate. Knowing that I had this option was like a dream come true."
Colson cupped Aetos' cheeks, thumb softly stroking his cheeks.

"Whatever you want, I would support you." Colson said, smiling up at his mate, "I know you would make a wonderful were. Your wolf would be so big."

Aetos chuckled as he looked down at Colson.  "I love you."

"Love you too, Atty."

Colson leans up and closed the distance between their lips. They have been doing this for months now, they have been kissing and holding onto each other for months now and yet it still feels like the first time but only better. They still got the tingles, the warmth and Colson knows he would love this man for as long as he lives.

The kiss turns deeper, Aetos pushing Colson against the counter, lifting him upon it and settling between Colson's parted legs. Colson leans forward, fingers pushing into Aetos' hair, tugging a bit as they kissed. He lets out a loud moan when Aetos placed his hand over his cock, trying to push even harder against the hand. He wanted more. He needed more.

He pulls back, gasping and moaning loudly as Aetos trailed kisses down his neck, ripping off the tshirt Colson had on. It was unbelievably hot and so fucking arousing. Colson doesn't think he's ever been this hard before.