003

There's something about Cobie  and Colson just couldn't tell what exactly it was. It's three in the morning and Colson can't sleep, he had spent the night tossing and turning, waiting for Michel but the Beta doesn't show.

Colson pulls on his onesie, pull the hood over his head so the fluffy ears could show. He quietly made he way down the stairs, careful to make his heart as quiet as he could. When he stepped into the kitchen he finds Cobie rummaging through the fridge, a bowl of yogurt, marmalade and Colson made a face when Cobie pulled out a jar of pickles.

"Don't be a creep, Colly." Cobie called from inside the fridge. Colson doesn't bother asking how he knew he was there, he made his way to the cupboards and grabbed a bag of chips.

"Why we you up?"

"Couldn't sleep. Too hot and too cold plus I was hungry." Cobie said as he set his ingredients on the table. He poured a spoon of marmalade onto the fourth and grabbed a pickle, he dipped it into the yogurt and took a bite.

"That's nasty, even for you Cobie." Colson gagged, sticking his tongue out as he did so. "Why the hell are you eating this shit?"

"Felt like." Cobie said. "Why are you up?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"You spent the whole day with Aetos yesterday." Cobie states and Colson nods. "Are you going to start treating him like a decent person?"

"I'll think about it. I like his house, I like his food. It might take me a while to like his as a person." Colson truthfully says, he has never lied nor kept anything away from Cobie, well, beside his and Michel's after hours activities.

"Take your time. He's not going anywhere."

"He's not the one I want to spend time with." Colson says and Cobie waved a yogurt covered pickle at him and shakes his head.

"Michel isn't it."

"We don't actually know that."

"Colson. I love you and I want the best for you and the last thing I want is to see you hurt. What if down the line you and Michel end up dating then he feels the mating pull with Gabriel and claims him instead? What if on the day of your own claiming ceremony, he feels the pull with Gabriel and claims him instead? How would you feel?"

It hurts. It felt he he had been shot and stabbed at the same time, he felt like he was about to thrown up too. He looks away from his brother to the table.

"I don't want him to hurt you and if he does, I'm going to shank that asshole. I'll personally press my gun to his mouth and pull the trigger or even better..." Cobie smiles. "I could make the air around him thick and watch him struggle to breathe."

Colson winced at the visual, he eyed his brother carefully to make sure he hadn't missed anything. Something felt different.

"What's going on with you?"

"Erik and I were trying to find out who exactly this Baba person is but we have nothing to work on. We only have that one suicide case." Cobie said before taking another bite of his nasty snack. "He's been on edge ever since and nothing calms him down."

"Not even a good sexing?" Colson teases, wiggling his brows.

"Oh no, that works. It works a lot." Cobie chuckles to himself and Colson starts gagging again. "What are you, 12? You asked me a question."

"A yes or no answer was required not something that would require me using mind bleach." Colson replied, shoving a handful of chips into his mouth, munching on it aggressively.