004

Colson jerks up, pulling out the gun he keeps under his pillow and aiming it at the person who had opened his door slowly. The silver gun shiny under the moonlight as Colson stared at Michel.

"How the hell do you do that? Your heartbeat was steady?" The Beta asked and Colson doesn't drop the gun, he still aims it at Michel. He knew what the Beta was here for and it hurts that he would stay afterwards, just leave and made Colson feel used and cheap.

"Leave my room."

Michel stops and levels him a look. "You don't mean that."

"I do." Colson snaps off the safety and stared down at Michel who had grown still. The Beta was towering him, his eyes glowing yellow in the room. Colson was still on the bed, his duvet now on his lap.

"You really don't mean that." Michel said as he takes a step towards Colson. Colson's hand remained steady, following Michel as he walked closer to the bed. He placed a finger on the trigger and smiles at Michel.

"One bullet to your heart is all it's going to take." Colson says as he gives Michel a saccharine smile. The Beta stops, his eyes still yellow as he glared at Colson.

"Fine. It's not like you are that good anyway, too many people have been in you, it's like using an already used condom." Michel hissed before leaving the room.

Colson's hand shook, the gun dropping to the bed, tears rolling down his face. He puts the safety back on and slid the gun back under the pillow before getting up. He stuffed his leg into a pair of sneakers and grabbed his phone.

A brief glance at the time, showed it was a bit past three am. The sky was still dark and the house silent. He grabbed the small handgun he keeps in his closet, under a stack of boxers before leaving the room. Yes Astir was safe but you could never tell. A lot of different creatures had moved in besides the vampires. Witches, Mers at the beach and so on.

They didn't just move in. Cobie made sure everyone interested sent in an application and a background check was done.

Colson silently left the house, his belongings in his pocket. He had on a thin T-shirt and pajama bottom. He couldn't feel the biting cold in his haze as he walked. The streets surprisingly weren't asleep. Drunk people singing on the streets, there was a house Colson passed that definitely had a party going on inside.

He didn't know where he was going to, he just let his legs lead him. He stared at the house he got to in surprise. He was standing in front of Aetos' home.

"Huh..." he says to himself. He reached out and pressed the bell, hoping someone would be home. Vampire normally move around the moment the sun sets till when the sun rises the next day. So there might be a big possibility that Aetos wasn't in. The lights were on though, so there's a little hope.

"Who the hell is that?" Pytor's voice flowed through the intercoms.

"I want to see Aetos." Colson replied, just as sharply.

There was a light buzz and the door slid open. Colson walked up the driveway, rolling his eyes at Pytor who was standing in front of the door, dressed in leather pants and a red shirt, his hair artfully styled.

"Well don't you look lovely...."

"Sorry, little fishy, I don't swing your way." Pytor walked past him, heading for the gate. The urge to grab the vampire and beat him with a wooden cane with nails imbedded on it till he apologizes was strong. Instead he pushed down the feeling and stepped into the house.

As Colson walked into the house he wondered what exactly he was doing here? He wondered what had led him here?

"Colson? Did something happen?" Aetos appeared in front of him in a flash. The vampire was shirtless, his jeans hanging low on his lips, leaving expanse of smooth skin, muscle and abs for Colson to feast his eyes on.