006

"Congratulations."

It's been what everyone has been telling Cobie all night. Some even walked up to Colson and asked him if he was excited. And he is, he truly is but there's a limit to everything and if one more person walks up to him and ask him if he was excited for Cobie and Erik, he'd choke them.

Cobie and Erik has kept the news to themselves for a day before they informed the Elders who in turn threw the huge party happening in the backyard of the pack house. It felt like everyone was here.

Colson had on a black shirt unbuttoned halfway, black pants and boots. There's a bottle of beer in his hands, the same one he's been holding since the party started hours ago. He takes a gulp, his eyes dancing around the crowd. His eyes fell on Michel who was surrounded by guys and girls who look like they're giggling to his every word. The Beta looked good all dressed up in tight jeans and sweater. Curly hair blowing in the wind and a bright smile.

For the first time in forever, Colson doesn't think, why can't I have him?, to himself. Instead he just stared, his mind scarily calm. He almost takes a step back when Michel suddenly looked at him.

Colson looked away quickly and took a gulp of his beer. Ugh. It was warm now. He made his way through the crowd and made his way into the house where people were milling about. The kitchen, thankfully, was empty. He pulled open the over head cupboard and tried to grab one bottle of vodka. But his hand couldn't reach, his fingers grazing the bottom. Colson lets out a huff and tried to reach for it again.

He spun around when he feels someone behind him. He stared at Aetos who reached for the bottle of vodka with ease. This close, Colson could see more of Aetos and could even smell him.

The vampire had on a black round neck long sleeve button up tucked into black slacks, his hair slicked back, his skin pale and shiny.

"Here you go." Aetos said as he drops his hand, his fingers still wrapped around the bottle of vodka. The vampire made no move to go backwards, to create a little space between himself and Colson.

Colson doesn't drop his gaze from Aetos' grey eyes. There was a burning feeling underneath his finger tips, like he should reach out and touch Aetos. Fuck.

Aetos also looked like he was battling something mentally. His eyes never straying from Colson's.

"Uh... guys?"

Colson snapped out of it and turned to the person who interrupted them. Gabriel stood there in a midnight blue a line gown that stops mid thigh, black lace up boots and his hair styled into a fringe. Colson had the urge to give Gabriel a hard slap but why? He didn't know. It couldn't be because he interrupted him and Aetos could it?

What the hell is going on with his feelings?

"Have any of you seen Se Ju?" Gabriel asked.

"He's in his room." Aetos replied, his voice deep and it sent shivers down Colson's body. Gabriel turns around at that and leaves Colson and Aetos to themselves. Colson grabs the bottle from Aetos and made his way to the counter. He hopped up on it and opened the bottle.

"Why are you here?"

"A drink." Aetos answered, watching Colson as he took a sip of his vodka, pineapple flavored Ciroc.

Colson takes two gulps of his Ciroc as he stared at Aetos. The vampire wasn't fidgeting but Colson could still tell he was lying.

"Here." Colson said, his hand outstretched as he hands Aetos the bottle. He knew Aetos couldn't get drunk on plain alcohol alone, so he looked around the kitchen. He leaned over to grab a knife from the rack and before Aetos could stop him, he cut a thin line down from the tip of his finger and pressed it until a few drops of blood fell into the bottle.