Chapter One: The Good Dream

Sitting doodling on a paper wishing, hoping, that one day this torture will end. I looked at the grey blank wall, wishing to splash anything on it to personalize it. I learned from a very young age that was wrong and not acceptable. The grey covers on the old twin mattress pad, that's all that was left. The fight which cost me more then I owned. He ruined my life he always had. No more pictures or happy memories now. It was all fake happiness but isn't that life? Desperately wishing to wake up and realise everything in your life was  just a bad nightmare. Yeah I was that girl.

"Logan Blake, get your ass down these stairs right now!" He calls, his voice bellowing from the bottom of the staircase.

What I wouldn't do to run away from it all. I walked down the creaky old stairs trying not to wake his wife. Tripping up on the last step because of it no longer being anchored to the base of the stairs. His cold icy eyes stared right back into my soul. Gripping it hard, making my hard for me to breathe. My feet shuffled against the floorboards as his son runs past me.

"Watch where you are going!" James yelled at me.

His childish voice coming out harsh like his fathers. James was a spitting image of his father. This made him, in my personal opinion making him more and more like his father every day. No one else claimed to see it the way I did, but staring into those icy blue eyes sent chills down my back. So young, so naive, even he didn't know what he was doing to him. Breaking his soul slowly to draw out the process, leaving him empty but whole.

"Someone is coming to get you." He stated not even given me a second glance.

It was perfectly fine by me. I didn't have to stare into his eyes. I felt as though with his eyes so cold, his heart was the same. My eyes burnt of the feeling of tears. Not thinking of this great escape, but of the pain it might bring. The not knowing, wonder, and excitement. Hurtling me forward back up the stairs now running down my high cheekbones. I pushed my hand up to my face remove the tears from my cheeks to my sleeve. That was perfectly fine. I no longer felt the need to bide my time.

I rushed to the small wooden dresser that held my belongings. I began removing the pieces one by one and folding them. Having to stuff them into all the empty spaces of my dingy school bag. It was okay in that moment though. I knew this was the beginning of something bigger than me. Finally, escaping this hellish nightmare. I would finally be allowed to be me.