Chapter Twenty-One: Black

"What side do you want?" Tobias asked as we both walked into the bathroom.

There were two shelving units one by the shower faucet and one further away. I pointed to the one further away from the faucet. Tobias gave me a smirk from the side I rolled my eyes pushing him lightly. Tobias let out a chuckle pulling my arm close to him.

"Hey, I'm going to shower," Tobias said looking me in the eyes.

I smiled nodding my head looking down at his waist and smirking. He rolled his eyes turning me around toward the door.

"Remember my dad wants us downstairs for this thing at 2!" He yelled as I walked out of the bathroom.

I couldn't help but laugh in my head at how silly we are being. Tobias was always so bold, I think he was starting to rub off on me though. The bold moves abut sex and just talking about it openly. I think I like the person I am becoming. I wasn't too sure though if I was brave or if was the feeling Tobias gave me inside.

Tobias soon walked out of the bathroom dressed in new clothes. I laid upside down on the bed my hair flowing off the edge along with my head. He looked good even upside down.

'took you long enough.' I signed rolled my eyes trying to be sassy.

"If you want you can now have the bathroom and change. You only have 30 minutes though." Tobias said smirking at me as I rolled over on the bed.

'no I think I will shower later,' I signed to Tobias he nodded and smiled.

Tobias smile though soon left and the time came for us to walk downstairs toward the convention. At first, we were walking hand in hand being goofy. We swung out hands being the annoying couple in love stereo type. As we got closer to the convention center downstairs Tobias' grip on my hand tightened. We were no longer swinging our hands and being goofy. He was a different person now and I didn't like this person. It was not the person I wanted to see. We ran into his dad at the door.

"Good you are both here. We are in booth 301. It is on the Southside of the convention area. Logan, I will run upstairs and get you a jacket you will probably need it as it seems to be a little chilly. Just please don't screw this up for us." Dr. Carter in a way rambled.

Tobias let go of my hand and shook his dad's in a very professional manner before walking into the conference area. There were all these booths for areas that were helping children. There were what I believed to be bounce houses and bounce castle set up for smaller children but teenagers were on. They were challenging each other and doing all kinds of funny things. I was amazed at the sight in front of me, I took in my surroundings. I smelt the popcorn and heard the machine pop ever so softly. I heard all the people talking to other people as they walked through. It was quite an experience. I was ripped out of it all too soon though.

"Come on Logan," Tobias grumbled grabbing my wrist and pulling me hard down the pathway to the booth.

Booth 301, there was no sign telling people who we were, what we were there for, what we even did. So many people stopped at our booth just to pick up the free stuff sitting out such as pens. It seemed to really start to bug Tobias. I grabbed his hand giving it a tight squeeze but that seemed to just make him more irate only not at the guest but at me.

"god damn it, Logan. I am doing something right now," Tobias snapped and laid out more notebooks about who we were representing.

I couldn't find the words in my head to tell Tobias I was tired and going to head up to the room. I just simply grabbed my phone off my metal chair I had been sitting in now for 3 hours. There was still probably another 4 or 5 hours to the convention. They were going to provide lunch to everyone, I was not hungry though. I just wanted to be home.

"Where are you going?" Dr. Carter asked me as I tried to escape through the entrance I came in.

I simply tried to push past him on my way through the crowded hallways.

"Logan!" He yelled as I continued fighting back my tears.

'you are worthless and even he noticed it now.' My head taunted my thoughts.

'going to go up and cry yourself to sleep thinking he will care? No one cares Logan. You know that. We know that. You could do it. You could be successful. You are just to scared someone might care. We have been telling you for years. Don't you remember that place? No one cared then and no one cares now.' I felt my chest start to tighten, I felt the lump forming in my throat.

Dr. Carter grabbed my arm turning me around to stare me straight in the eyes. He looked like he was trying to figure out what was going on through my head. I didn't even know at this point. I did know I was having a panic attack as my breathing became rapid.

"Logan did Tobias do something," Dr. Carter asked as I shook my head and began to try the ground technique Ryleigh had taught me so long ago.

My world started to fade in and out, as my breathing continued to quicken. I was now at the point of hyperventilating. Dr. Carter took me to a side hallway letting me slide down the wall. I saw him take out a bottle of pills and hand me one. I refused locking my jaw shut and clenching my teeth together. I slid down the wall briefly closing my eyes and trying to get the voice inside my head to stop but it didn't it kept screaming. Dr. Carter was on his phone talking to someone but I could no longer hear him. I just saw his panicked features. I saw Tobias running down the hallway. He was still in his nicer close. He was fading in and out of view, as my eyesight was becoming blurry. He held my hand and I felt someone brush their hand against my cheek.

That's when my world stopped everything was put into focus and view. My world became black and I no longer felt anything, not even the feeling of drowning.