Chapter Twenty-Six: Clean

I kept walking starring down at my feet as I noticed the ground changed. It was no longer the waxed flat concrete of the stadium floor. It was the more freshly paved back area were the buses were. I looked up at what was in front of me. There were a few people lined up along the fence waiting for the band to get autographs and what not.

I felt the acid rise in my stomach. I pulled on my hoodie sleeves and continued to walk toward what I thought were the buses. I know they were in this area when Zack came and got me. I felt for my phone in my pocket. It was there. I could always contact him. He would come get me right? Him or dad they would come right? My feet kept pulling me toward the fence. I walked over there and waved at the group of fans. They all were asking the same questions from earlier. Ryleigh soon pulled me away from the fence. People screamed her name and were asking for autographs and ask who I was. I was a little upset they still didn't know who I was exactly. Did dad not tell anyone who I was? Was he really that ashamed of me?

'Can we go for a walk?' I asked Ryleigh who looked back at the door then down at her back stage pass.

"Yeah but I need to tell Josh." She said and pulled out her phone sending a text message to someone.

I walked toward the Panic bus and waved at the driver. They let me on the bus and I grabbed my small backpack that was more like a purse than a backpack. I met Ryleigh over at the pilots bus. She punched in the pin number getting her on the bus before she grabbed her purse.

"Why are you taking your backpack?" She asked me as I waved her off.

'are we going or not?' I asked before I felt my phone go off. I ignored it.

"Yeah let's go." Ryleigh kept her backstage pass hung around her neck and her crew hoodie wrapped around her waist.

We walked around the venue before I finally hitting another gate. I looked at the gate it was very easily climbable. I looked at Ryleigh before starting my ascent. I placed my hands first than my foot in a hole.

"Logan Blake are you crazy?" I heard as Ryleigh grabbed my hood pulling me back a little.

'please, I just want to go over there.' I pointed toward a small strip mall across a busy street. It had a few fast food joints in there. 'Please,' I signed again giving her puppy dog eyes.

"oh nope, not working. By the way, Tyler does it better." I looked at her completely shocked.

Tyler Josep does a better puppy dog face than me. Ryleigh started to crack a smile and laugh. Before staring up the fence herself.

'hey, that's no fair!' I signed before climbing up with her.

Ryleigh sat at the top before contemplating how to start her descent down. I simply jumped letting my hair flow around my face. I felt so free falling to the earth. I waited for the impact of my feet on the ground. It was freeing not being trapped in an arena or fenced-in area.

"To food we go!" Ryleigh said hooking our arms together.

"Ooo do you remember that time when we were in the orphanage and we walked down to taco bell and the head lady got so mad we had to do dishes for a week?"

'How could I forget it.' I snorted and Ryleigh laughed harder as we walked toward the restaurants. My phone buzzed in my back pocket again.

We walked toward the restaurants. Ryleigh picked, of course, taco bell while I picked panda express. I walked in and placed my order feeling my phone buzz a few more times in my pocket. I groaned who the fuck could be blowing up my phone now.

Tobias Carter: Logan are you okay?

Tobias Carter: Logan please answer me.

Tobias Carter: Look I know I fucked up but your dad is scared. Zack and him can't find you.

Tobias Carter: Where the fuck are you and Ryleigh. Logan this isn't funny anymore.

Zack: Logan Blake where are you?

Zack: I will track your phone kid 10 minutes.

Brendon: Where did you go kiddo?

Brendon: Logan

2 missed calls Brendon

3 missed calls Zack

I ran out of the restaurant with my take out food and ran into taco bell. Ryleigh had just got her food. I grabbed her arm showing her my text messages.

"oh shit." She pulled out her phone to have a million messages from Josh, Jordan, Tyler and even one from Jenna.

'You texted Josh!' I signed frustrated taking my food and walking back toward the venue.

"I did. Logan you can't keep walking away from me. I understand you're upset." Ryleigh yelled at me as I kept walking.

Why do I keep messing up the things that are going good for me. I pushed back the tears as I start to climb the fence again with my food bag in my hand. I was on top of the fence when I put my hand down for Ryleigh. She brushed off my hand and climbed on over and walked back showing her ID and getting herself back into the venue. I was stopped before she pulled me back in with her. We went to were the stage was now tore apart. It was there I sat down on the floor and ate my food in silence. Ryleigh went back to the Twenty One Pilots dressing room. Next thing I knew my phone was going off again. This time it was a call from mom. I don't know why people keep calling me. I internally groaned and declined her call before calling her on FaceTime. Her face appeared and she looked so relieved.

"Oh, Logan." Her voice broke and tears joined at the side of her eyes.

'Whats wrong?' I signed

"Your dad, Zack, no one could find you. We thought the worst. They are probably worried sick!" She started to be motherly and get mad.

'I'm sorry' I signed

"Hold on don't move." She said before putting me on pause then had dad join the FaceTime call.

"Sarah, I am trying. Zack tried to find her from the find my phone. I really don't know where she went. Fuck!" Dad hit or kicked something before having more profanities leave his mouth.

Tears pricked at me eyes knowing I caused this. He didn't even have time to look down at his screen to notice, I was on the line. I pulled my knees up to my chest and placed my phone against a wall. It was not funny watching dad so freaked out and upset. A gut-wrenching sound left my mouth that I didn't even know I could make. I was sobbing, tears pour down my face and whimpers from my mouth.

"What was that?" Dad said before looking down at his phone.

Mom pursed her lips and was trying to be comforting. Nothing was comforting though. Some cleaning crew person came and threw my food away that I had now pushed to the side. Dad noticed something that was behind me because next thing I knew I saw him walking down the hallway.

"Yeah, I found her hunny," Dad spoke to mom. I covered my ears continued to let out the whimpers and tears.

Dad slid down the wall picking up my phone and ending the call for me before pulling me into his lap.

"Oh Logan, what am I going to do with you?" He whispered pulling my head close to his chest.

I felt his body shake. I knew he too was now crying holding me close. I knew right then I needed to come clean to not only him but to everyone.

Clean, that was terrifying but I couldn't take feeling dad's body shake holding mine. I wiped his tears and signed 'I'm okay.' He shook his head and just placed a hand on the back of my head and pulled it back to his chest. I soon listened to the sound his heart beat and began to fall asleep knowing I still needed to come clean. The last thing I saw before my eyes closed was Josh holding Ryleigh the way dad was holding me. So tight to not let me go.

--------

Author note: Hey I hope you are enjoying the book. This is dedicated to my good friend @justabassicmusicnerd she writes lovely works. Please go check her out and her character Ryleigh! You'll be seeing more of Logan and Ryleigh, also maybe some more Tobias drama who knows.