Chapter Thirty-Nine: Speak

Jordan: Yeah. I'd love too

I got ready quickly and left that night. I left and went and got donuts with none other than Jordan Dun. He stared at me from across the table as I munched on a few donut holes.

"So why me and not like Tyler, Josh even or better yet Ryleigh?" Jordan asked drinking a red bull.

I shrugged and typed a quick message on my phone.

'I don't know.'

"What about your boyfriend? Beckett right? He is your boyfriend."

'I don't know he is at a party.' I wrote and slid my phone to him

"You mean he is at a party without you? Why don't you go to crash his party?"

What Jordan said settled in my head. I nodded and the more I let the words set there the better the idea sounded. I could go and crash Becketts party maybe I would finally meet his sister. I would finally get more insight into his family home life.

'would you drive me?'

"Yeah come on, short stuff." Jordon placed a ten-dollar bill on our table and we got up.

I climbed into Jordan's car and noticed how much his car smelt like Jim, Josh's dog. I noticed all the chewed up tennis balls in the back seat and gave a soft chuckle. Jordan looked at me and then tickled me.

"Gosh, you are such a goof. I remember when I first met you. I remember you running away, I remember Ryleigh wanting to chase after you and her body bouncing thinking about chasing after you. It feels like yesterday I was thinking what the hell who is this girl and now, here she is sitting my car." Jordan chuckled.

"oh, where am I heading by the way?"

I gave him the address I had only been to once. Beckett didn't let me get out of the car. He told me I could if I wanted to but he was only going to be a minute. Beckett had just gone into the house to get his ID. It felt much too informal at the time as well. We were only starting to become whatever we were at that time.

Jordan pulled up to the house and sure enough, there were tons of cars parked. People were outside with red, green, and blue solo cups walking around. Some of them were stumbling around. I looked at Jordan giving him a nod as he gave one back. I climbed out of his car and walked up the steps to Beckett's house. I could hear the loud music blaring as I entered the house. I saw bodies swaying together and people everywhere.

I took this time to also take in what I was seeing. I looked around at some wood and marble fixtures. It was not like the house I lived in but it was nice. They had a split staircase, it was an L shape staircase in short. I began to walk upstairs wondering if that is where Beckett resigned during his sister banger party. Just as I began to ascend the staircase I heard a voice.

"Oh, Hunny, trust me you don't want to go up there!" A girl yelled. I turned around to see a pair of eyes that looked similar to Beckett's.

She must have been Katrina because with in a minute she had an arm wrapped around me and was guiding me through the house toward the kitchen. She was swaying and bumping into people left and right as she went into the kitchen pouring herself another drink of whatever was out. I looked at her as she just put it in the same cup she was carrying around.

"Want something?" She said holding a cup out toward me.

I shook my head and then pulled out my phone to tell her I wanted to see Beckett. But, I was however bumped into rather roughly into the counter. I banged my hip causing me to let out a faint yelp and for the couple making out to split apart and look at me telling me to move. I suddenly felt like Jordan's brilliant idea was not a terrible mistake. I picked my phone up then proceeding to hit my head on the counter top. It didn't bleed but just gave me a bit of a pounding head ache.

"Oh no let me get you something for that," Katrina said and turned around to get something from a cabinet she crushed it up and put it in a glass.

"drink up you won't feel a thing. Also, you look weirdly familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" She said squinting looking at my face.

I took a small sip giving her a small smile. Whatever she gave me smelled terrible like straight alcohol. I put the cup back on the counter wanting to gag. I somehow though I was able to keep my gaging at an internal state. I typed my message quickly and handed my phone to her. Katrina then took a picture disregarding my message.

"There you go, hun, but I mean if you wanted a picture all you had to do was ask." She said before walking away.

I shook my head before finally texting Beckett. I picked up a new cup and filled it with what I thought was water.

Logan: Help. I'm at your house downstairs and your sister is so drunk. I have hit my head and I just want to cuddle now. My parents think I am with Jordan, whom is Ryleigh's half brother.

I drank whatever I had put in my cup. The water burnt as it went down which I thought was odd at first but I filled my cup up once more.

Beckett: Where are you. I will come to get you. I gotta make sure my room stays locked though Kolb is on the other side sleeping. So I gotta keep her's shut and locked too. I hate these parties. When will they stop...

Logan: I think in the kitchen.

Beckett: Be there in a few.

By the time Beckett had got to me, I had a few more glasses of what I thought was water. I started to feel the effects of the water too. I felt myself becoming a giggly mess as Beckett put a hand on my hip and wrapped an arm around me. He guided me to a different part of the house and up a weird set of stairs. He unlocked a door at the top of the steps and then locked it once we were both in.

"you're awful giggly." He said smiling at me before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

When he pulled away his face searched mine. Beckett leaned in really close and smelt my breath. Before pulling me into his room. He made himself a make shift bed on the floor and handed me 2 Tylenol with a cup of water. I stood there still giggling and confused.

"What," I said outlaid as Beckett stopped dead in his tracks.

"You are so drunk, maybe I am drunk did you speak?"

"Umm," I danced around his room swaying my body side to side.

I then felt the bitter urge to cry and kiss him which is exactly what I did. I went over with tears starting to build and roll over. I kissed Beckett like it was the last thing I would do. I tried to pull him down with me to sit on the bed but he would not budge. He was 6 foot and completely lean.

"This isn't a good idea Logan. I mean I want to. Just not right now you're drunk, Kolbi is asleep in the other room." He muttered before pulling out his phone.

"I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to kill Tommy, too, too, too let him drown. I just, I couldn't handle it anymore. I did this to myself because it should be me and, and, and, I, I, I-" I burped causing Beckett to finally set down and roll my sleeves back down.

"Logan you're drunk and your family will be to get you in the morning please just go to bed. I know you think Tommy's death is your fault but it isn't." Beckett spoke so calmly like he had done this before.

"Maybe I killed Tobias too by, never not being good enough. I mean I have his journal and he talks about how in love he was with me. But he told me he never believed in such things like love, it was pointless." I rambled and signed.

Beckett finally grabbed my face in his hands kissing me and aided my body in laying down. I remember feeling him rubbing soft circles into my skin as he hushed me to sleep. I let the pain medication settle in and pull me into a deep slumber letting me sleep my alcoholic state away.