Chapter Forty: Blood

I woke up feeling a body beside me. Specifically that of a male. You are probably wondering how I know it was a male it was the simple guess and then feeling the arm hair on it. Men's arms also tend to be more muscular in some circumstances than girls. I began to panic feeling the shirt on my body which was much bigger than the shirt I had on. I heard the person who the arm belongs to groan before speaking.

"Hey," The groggy voice said in my ear.

I shivered as the voice cleared its throat before giving me a kiss on the cheek. It was at this point my self-defense reflexes kicked in. I pinned the person on the bed before realizing it was Beckett. My head was also throbbing.

"Okay well, that kinky." He muttered before my body relaxed in his hands.

'Sorry.' I signed looking at my legs as they straddled his torso.

"Nah you're good this is just about how every man's best dream comes true." He chuckled as I glared him.

"I am joking by the way."

'haha very funny,' I signed back at him as I rolled off of him and letting my head hit the pillow with a light bang.

My head was absolutely killing me. What the hell did I even drink last night? I looked at my phone to see a text from Jordan saying that Ryleigh would be there to get me at 10. The time on my clock read 8:00.

"So why don't we talk about last night?" Beckett said and looked at me as I closed my eyes.

Quite honestly everything hurt and was still a bit of a blur.

'okay.'

"So why did you come to my sister's party without I don't know, telling me first?" Beckett sounded a little annoyed as he climbed out of bed causing the bed to dip then spring back up.

I put my hands in the air and signed my response.

'I don't know.'

"Well, I feel like you should also know you have a lovely voice. You spoke to me quite a bit last night and were very talkative when you are drunk. I found it rather odd because you try to speak sober and it doesn't come out or it's very harsh, not that I don't like both voices. But last night you seemed at ease. It was so much more relaxed like you truly wanted to speak. I don't know maybe I am delusional." Beckett said throwing on a shirt and throwing the one he wore last night on the bed at me.

'Thanks.' I picked up the shirt and smelt it, it smelt like him sort of like peppermint but not super strong it was weird.

'also what do you mean I spoke?' I questioned and held his shirt close to my body.

I also took this as a chance to look at the shirt I had on. It was too one of Beckett's shirts. It had a school name on it and it said athletics crossed it.

"I don't know how to explain it other than you spoke. Like verbal words came out of your mouth and they were beautiful. It was this mix of sad and broken, like please help me along with cheery and carefree. I mean vodka will do that to you though. I quite honestly didn't know you drank. I figured, I mean I had some assumptions considering Brendon and Sarah-"

'I don't drink usually. I haven't drank in years. Fewer years than I have talked. I am just having trouble believing you when you say I talked.'

"Well you did and whether you talk again soon or not. I want you to know that you mean the world to me. I also have a spare toothbrush in the bathroom and toothpaste you can use some of so I can kiss you. Because I'd really like to do that right now." Beckett whisper kind of huskily in my ear as he leaned on the bed to look at me.

I got up from the bed and acted goofy walking into the bathroom. I stood their patiently, waiting for Beckett to point where the stuff was. I brushed my teeth quickly then gave him a cheeky smile as he leaned in and kiss my cheek roughly. I giggled and looked at him with a happy, amused smile. While my head still killed there was something numbing about being around Beckett. He was like a human painkiller. The nice little alone session we were having soon ended by a knock on the door.

"Come on Beck. You know I can't clean this whole house by myself. Not only that it is almost 9 and Kolbi is still in bed." A voice yelled as they banged on the door.

I covered my ears and pressed my hands to my head as the noise hurt along with the bright lights now that I think of it. I started to feel like I was going to be sick. I sat on the floor as Beckett sad beside me and began to rub my back. He knew I must be feeling poorly as he told me he could call Ryleigh to come to get me sooner.

"Sorry about Katrina. She is a bit much for anyone. I guess you met her at the party and don't remember her. You told me you thought you did because someone pulled you off the stairs and got you into the kitchen. You also did a number on your head you hit it on the counter I heard and had seen from a few videos.

Oh, great something else to explain to my family. I internally groaned and wanted to smack myself for being so careless. I mean sure my family would find out one day I just didn't hope it would be so soon that I wanted to be sort of like a normal teenager and go to parties. I mean it would only be fair dad talked about the wild things he did as a kid and as a teenager. I knew though that I had an image to keep for the band though. A bad imagine for me didn't just affect me it affected my family.

10:00 am rolled around way too quickly. Beckett had managed to hold my hair back as I threw up, get Kolbi up and dressed without bugging me. He also did all the normal Beckett things. He began to straighten up his room which was something he did in the guest room one night. I was kind of annoyed because I had things set a certain way in that room for a reason. I had once again met Katrina. We ate breakfast and I even helped them clean up a little bit. The house that I remembered walking into before having a million cups of vodka, was not the same house now.

"You are so fucked," Beckett told Katrina as he helped her pick up a million cups.

Beckett had sent Kolbi outside in the backyard and told her to stay away from the pool gate. Kolbi nodded her head and bounced her way outside. Kolbi had asked why I was there but Beckett brushed it under the bus saying I was because something happened. I mean something did happen last night. I had talked. Ryleigh pulled up and honked her horn. Beckett walked me out to her car giving me a long kiss as Ryleigh honked her horn some more. I jumped as she did so and flipped her off.

"Come on get in! Your dad is ready to ring your ass!" Ryleigh said as I walked closer to her car and opened the door.

"Please please be careful," Beckett said leaning against the car and poking his head in through the open window.

"I am always careful Harrington." Ryleigh snarked back.

Beckett moved away from the car and gave me a wave. I waved back knowing I would see him probably in a few hours or short days. Ryleigh informed me that there were videos online and that Jordan had tried to save my ass. We came upon the crash site and I signed. There was a traffic light here and it felt so pointless. I was right it was pointless.

I closed my eyes blinking long and slow as Ry turned on some song we both liked. That is when I heard a car horn honking at us. It was the car behind us. Ryleigh had the green and began to go.

I suddenly though, blacked out and when I woke up I looked over. I was covered in blood and looked at Ryleigh who looked just as panicked as we hung upside down in her car.

'Your bleeding.' I signed to Ryleigh as she hung there so scared. Her pupils were dilated to what looked like the max.

"No Logan. I'm not the one bleeding."

I then felt this feeling that I was on fire as I looked at my abdomen. Ryleigh was right I was the one bleeding as there was a piece of glass sticking out of my abdomen it wasn't large but it was sharp and it was bad enough to make me bleed quite a bit. I reached down to get Ryleigh's phone to dial the number for emergency services then remembered I couldn't talk. I dialed the number anyway and handed the phone to Ryleigh who was starting to pass out due to something being wrong. I swore she was bleeding from somewhere.

"Yeah hello, I was in a car wreck on... on... 6th and... and-" Ryleigh stopped dropping the phone as her body went completely limp.

I screamed reliving my worst nightmare. Only this time there was no one here to save either of us.