Chapter Sixteen: It's Time to take a Chance

"Logan Blake!" Brendon yelled as Tobias and I walked into the diner once we were done with our little adventure.

Brendon rushed over to me much to Zack's dismay. He began checking over my arms and face for injuries. He looked so angry and scared. I looked at him. He had never shown so much displeasure to me in my short time living with them.

"What in the hell were you thinking?" He finally exclaimed once he finished examine me.

'I wanted to have one last run at something I always wanted to do.' I signed causing him to grab my hands stopping me.

"This is not okay anymore. Do you know how hurt you could get? People know you're my child and you could have been kidnapped and sold on the black market or some shit like that Logan, this is not acceptable anymore. I understand you want to be a 17-year old and have a normal life. Sarah and I are trying to give you as much normalcy as possible but you can't take an inch for a mile." He said getting frustrated with me.

Tobias just stood there like a deer in the headlights. He has this look on his face like 'good going rookie'. I rolled my eyes at Brendon. He looked so angry. I was not afraid of him. His deep stare in my face, finally letting out a breath Brendon pulled me into his chest. I thought I felt a few tears roll onto my shoulder.

"Jesus you scared me so much. We couldn't find you and I called your mom. Zack had your phone tracked and it said you were here. We were going to call the cops and have this place searched. They kept telling us that you had left and that you weren't here. The lady even gave me your phone and I-I just panicked." Brendon said letting his thoughts roll off the tip of his tongue holding me close to him.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry." My voice cracked out.

I didn't like hearing Brendon talk about his fears with me. I knew he was scared of losing me but, I didn't know they were so fearful of me being kidnapped. I guess I hadn't really thought of that. I blinked a few times before looking at Tobias who just stood there in the uncomfortable glare of Zack. Zack looked at me so pissed off.

"Do not even begin with me." He said looking at me and I nodded, signing 'i'm sorry.'

"No Logan, I don't think you are. I don't think you get it. Your dad was so scared. Your dad doesn't get scared. He was scared when people showed up to their old house but he was never afraid like this. You are one sick person for not realizing exactly what you were doing. You could have told or texted any of us at any, any, point in time that you were out with him. You didn't think that was your decision." Zack said and Tobias stepped between Zack and me.

I was wide eyes at Tobias' sudden burst. He looked at Zack with a glare that scared me. Tobias was enraged. I placed a hand on his back and fisted the back of his shirt.

"You don't need to talk to her like she is an imbecile. She made a mistake and how do you know I didn't put her up to this." He said lunging himself slightly as Zack trying to intimidate him. I pulled on the back of his shirt trying to get him to stop.

"Child that is not a good idea. I pull Brendon through crowds and peel girls off him while on tour and practically every day. You do not scare me. This is not your concern. Well, maybe it is. I have to go out and protect them. Maybe if you weren't so careless in trying to 'help' her we wouldn't be here!" Zack let out and I looked at dad.

Dad stood there and kept taking deep breaths. He was trying to calm himself. I was trying to hold Tobias back. I was looking at anyone for help but there was none to be offered. I did the only thing I knew. I pulled Tobias with me and began to run. The wind in my hair and the air in my lungs screaming as they felt like there were on fire. The numb feeling of being alive fresh on my body.

"Logan Blake!" My mom yelled once we got maybe one hundred yards away from the restaurant.

"Where do you think you are going?" She said and I noticed she had a passenger in her car.

"No. Dad why the fuck are you here?" Tobias groaned as Dr. Carter got out of the car with my mom.

I held Tobias hand close to my given it soft squeezes every once in a while. I didn't know what to do to make this better. This was my fault. It was all my fault. I began to panic feeling like my throat was closing and the world around me was swallowing me whole. If only that were the case. I pulled Tobias down to the ground with me as the tears welled in my eyes.

"Logan?" He said softly staring at my face. The soft forest green eyes I stared at and admired was staring into mine scared only for a few before the world turned dizzy then black.

————

"Get away from her," Dad growled toward someone.

Where was I? I felt as though I was dead weight. I was so heavy, it was no longer just heavy thought it was my body too.

"It's okay Log you can open your eyes. We are all here." Tobias said and gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

I opened my eyes to a rush of bright white light. I flinched away from the light twisting my eyes shut. I knew exactly where I was. It was sad I knew this place all to well for a while. A new day a different attack.

"Everyone out. We need to do talk to Ms. Urie for a moment, alone." Dr. Carter and another Doctor said. I looked at my parents so fearful.

"Pl-please don't." My voice was horse as I grabbed Sarah's hand trying to pull her toward me but it was so hard.

"Log you're on a light sedative. We, we couldn't get you calmed down so we had to sedate you." Tobias said looking at me with his deep eyes that were piercing into my soul telling me I had to be okay.

I nodded my head and tried desperately to get them to stay. No one was allowed to stay though. Dr. Carter and Dr. Ross by the name tag stood over my bed taking in bruises, cuts, and scrapes. I licked my lips and watched Tobias watch my lips move. It was something I caught myself doing with him. I watched his lips move with such certainty. Tobias seemed to always know what he was doing. Even when he was trying to ruin his life. He knew what he doing, especially to me. He knew how to make my heart race and how to make me turn against him all with a few words. Tobias was sick to know this within only two days. It was the best two days of my life though. I no longer felt this trap. I felt alive, by a boy who knew how to ruin lives.