Chapter Eight: Wake Up, Wake up, Wake up!

I had openly told my truth. The truth about the eyes that followed me how the icy blue stare he would give me, the abuse. The nightmares came. His icy blue stare at me from the doorway. Then the pain that stung in my check down to my toes. He had slapped me. I woke up crying a few nights panting. I silently just cried myself back to sleep.

Brendon and Sarah had talked about putting me in counseling. I knew the truth though. I invaded their search history on Sarah's laptop. I knew they were going to be planning a trip away from me. It was straight in her search history. I wanted to cry. It felt like I had made one step forward with my new family to just be reminded I really took two steps backward.

Today was Wednesday morning. I had a different block of classes and Brendon was forcing me to go. It was my first day back from being kicked out on my first day. I crawled out of bed walking into the bathroom. I had packed my suitcase from the orphanage. I had talked about it with the people I had met, so Zack. He just kept informing me I was wrong. He told me 'B and Sarah waited a long time for you. They wouldn't give up on you that easily'. I didn't believe that.

I figured Zack knew my past because Brendon would have told him. I didn't know how true my thoughts were. I just assumed. That's all I could do assume. I fought back tears mentally preparing myself for the worse. I really needed to talk to someone. I was losing my mind.

I walked down the halls at school to just be shoved and ran into. I wanted to cry a little. I dug my fingernails into the fabric of my hoodie and kept walking. Zack had already left the parking lot and there was no turning back. I seemed to be stuck here if it weren't for my own two feet moving me back toward the big glass openings.

On my way back out of the school, I only spent, I'd say maybe 5 minutes in. I saw him. The icy blues smiling at me. The sparkle in his eye knowing what he was doing torturing me. His devilish smile. The way his eyes moved reading me like I was an open book. He smirked showing off his razor-blade straight smile. Finally one of his friends stepped in front of him and he was gone. He was out of my sight for now.

I opened the doors to the school and ran down the steps. I pushed my way through the different bodies that were trying to fight their way into the building I knew to be a hell on earth. I walked on the sidewalk along the side of the road until it ended. The sidewalks did that here they would stop and pick up somewhere else. You just had to find where it started.

Cars passed me by, one by one. Rushing off to different places not stopping to care or wonder why I'm not in school. To be honest I didn't even know why I wasn't in school. A black Jeep slowed down and followed me. I looked over my shoulder noticing the vehicle. I could not see in the car but the person could see me. I was afraid it was him. The person from my nightmares, coming back to finish what he had started. I would be okay with that at this moment in time. Ready to leave this place.

"Logan Blake!" A girl screamed my name from the back window.

I turned around shocked and confused to see Ryleigh Maya hanging out of the window smiling and waving at me. Her every so happy personality coming through on this dreadful day. I just wanted to go home. Why did she have to come and stop me?

"Don't you know it's gonna start raining soon?" She asked me before telling someone in the car to stop as she opened the door for me to get in.

"No it's not-" Before I could even finish signing my sentence the sky opened its arms and the water came down harsh beating against my clothing.

I internally groaned and just stood in the rain. There was a roll of thunder making the person driving Ryleigh roll down their window to talk to me. I wanted to just lay on the ground here and not move. Maybe my friend would finally come to take me to the place I belonged, with him.