avi; youtube channel q&a

*Kate answers the most asked questions from her and Avi's YouTube subscribers! Send suggestions on what you wanna see in this book! Love • Bree 👑*

The Kaplan Krew ~ 102K subscribers
*The Kaplan's are a family of almost 11! Avi was in the 3x Grammy winning Acapella group - Pentatonix. Kate was a pastry chef from England. They met online and fell in love. They got married and were blessed with eight children - 4 adopted and 4 biological. Dakota, almost 10, Tobias, 7, Israel, 6, Abigail, 5, Ezra, 4, Kaiya, 3, Wren, 2 and Jasper, 1. Kate is currently pregnant with baby #9. Please subscribe and join The Kaplan Krew!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate is sitting on the floor in her and Avi's bedroom. She turns on the camera and waves at the camera!

"Hi, everyone! It's Kate! And welcome to the Kaplan Krew YouTube channel! Today, I am going to be doing a questions and answers video, answering all of your most asked questions! Avi is keeping the kids occupied downstairs, but I don't know how long that will be so let's get this Q&A started!

• Who is older - Avi or yourself?
"Avi is older then me! He is three years older then me."

• Where did you and Avi meet?
"Avi and I met on a dating website online! We met on Ok Cupid. When I first saw his profile picture, I thought he was very very handsome. He is definitely my type! He said he was a high profiled person and I'm like I never seen him before. I had never heard of Pentatonix before until I met Avi so he sent me some music and I fell in love with his voice!

We talked online and on the phone for a few months before Avi came to England to visit me! He was in England with Pentaonix on their very first world tour! And the rest is history! I came to the United States to live, I got pregnant and we got married right after Israel was born."

• How long have you and Avi been married?
"Avi and I have been married for almost six years! We got married a few months after Israel was born. Israel is going to be turning seven this year!"

• What are the names of your children?
"Let me go eldest to youngest because it is  easier that way!

The names of our children are Dakota Catherine, Tobias Avriel, Israel David, Abigail Elizabeth, Ezra Michael, Kaiya Esther, Wren Ilse and Jasper John!"

• How old are the kids?
"Dakota is almost ten, Tobias is seven, Israel is six, Abigail is five, Ezra is four, Kaiya is three, Wren is two and Jasper is one! And for those who are wondering, baby number nine is due in mid October!

The kids are all close in age, I know! Dakota and Tobias have a two and half year gap between them, which is the biggest gap in the kids. Jasper and the new baby will be right under two years apart.

Tobias and Israel are eleven months apart, Israel and Abigail are nine months apart and Abigail and Ezra are also nine months apart! So those four could be the same age with each other for a few months and it's funny when people notice that."

• Are you guys going to find out the baby's gender?
"We probably will, because the kids really wanna know if they are having a sister or brother. Also, I wanna know so I can prepare, I am a planner. With Jasper I felt very prepared for either gender since we had everything. But since then we got rid of all our baby clothes and baby things and donated them to our friends. I wanna know the gender so baby can have some cute things!"

• I am a new subscriber and a new fan of Pentatonix and Avriel and the Sequoias! My question is - which of the children are adopted and which are biological. They all look related to me and I know to you and Avi they are all your children no matter what.
"Thank you so much for subscribing to our YouTube channel! And thank you for checking out Avi's music group as well as Pentatonix.

Honestly, they are all just our children to Avi and I. I don't tell people that this is my adopted daughter or this is my adopted son. They are my daughter and my son if that make sense to you. However, the adopted children in our family know that they are adopted and are open about it with others!

Israel, Ezra, Wren and Jasper are biologically Avi and I's children. Oh and the baby I'm pregnant with as well. Dakota, Kaiya, Tobias and Abigail are adopted. Tobias and Abigail are full siblings while Dakota and Kaiya are half siblings!

So we have five biological children and four adopted children!"

• Do all of your children's middle names have a theme? I know some people do that!
"Yes, they do actually! All of the kids middle names are family names!

Dakota's middle name is Catherine, and Catherine is my grandmother's name!

Tobias' middle name is Avriel, and that is my husband's name!

Israel's middle name is David and David is my dad's name!

Abigail's middle name is Elizabeth and Elizabeth is my mom's name!

Ezra's middle name is Michael and Michael is Avi's dad's name!

Kaiya's middle name Esther and Esther is Avi's sister's name! 

Wren's middle name is Ilse, and Ilse is my great grandma's name. She passed away when I was teenager. 

And Jasper's middle name is John, and John is my brother's name!

The baby will have a middle name that is a family name as well!"

• What part of England did you grow up?
"I grew up near London! And my family and I would go to London a lot to shop around the shops and walk around! I really miss being in England but I love America as well!"

• Are you pro life or pro choice? I know you have said on Instagram that you and Avi said that you want God to determine how big your family is. Just curious!
"I guess I would say I'm pro-life because I wouldn't have an abortion personally. I do not believe in birth control either, I never took it. However, I know the wonderful benefits of birth control and I support women who want use it!

However, I'm not like most pro-life people and want to ban abortion completely. I believe abortion should be out there for women who are victims of rape or who aren't ready for pregnancy. I know for experience, not a lot of kids get adopted. My four adopted children grew up in households that weren't prepared for them. I guess I would be considered pro-life but I feel like I'm both!"

• Did you always wanted a big family or did it just happen that way?
"I always wanted a big family when I was growing up! I never thought it would have nine children but I feel so blessed to have all of them!"

• Do you celebrate just Hanukkah or do the kids celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas?
"Yes, the kids celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah! Avi and his siblings grew up like that, so we will continue that for our children! The kids love Christmas and Hanukkah and all of the traditions!"

• Are you a US citizen?
"Yes, troll I am! And no, Trump will not be deporting me or any of my family members, sorry! They are duel citizens of England and the United States! Sorry to break your very ignorant heart."

"Well, it looks like the rest of the questions are troll questions and I will not answer those! Thank you to everyone who asked me questions! Avi, the kids and I will see you all next time on the channel! Bye!" Kate says as she waves goodbye!