avi; our baby needs heart surgery when he's born

*Kate and Avi talk about their new son and his heart defect. Please send suggestions on what you wanna see in this book! I need ideas ASAP! Love • Bree 💙*

The Kaplan Krew ~ 105K subscribers
*The Kaplan's are a family of almost 11! Avi, Kate, Dakota, Tobias, Israel, Abigail, Ezra, Kaiya, Wren, Jasper and baby Micah, who is due to arrive in October! Avi was in the 3x Grammy winning Acapella group - Pentatonix. Avi now makes his own music with his new group Avriel and the Sequoias! Kate was a pastry chef from England and is now a stay at home mom. We met online nine years and fell in love. We got married almost six years ago and were blessed with eight children - 4 adopted and 4 biological. Dakota, 10, Tobias, almost 8, Israel, almost 7, Abigail, almost 6, Ezra, 5, Kaiya, 4, Wren, 2 and Jasper, 1. Kate is currently pregnant with baby #9, a baby boy named Micah! Please subscribe and join The Kaplan Krew!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Video Title: Micah Has A Heart Defect

The YouTube video starts off showing Kate and Avi sitting on the couch together.

Kate and Avi smile at each other and they hold each other's hands. Avi softly kisses Kate's hand and rubs it, making Kate's cheeks blush.

"Hi, guys!" Kate says as she waves happily to the camera.

"Hello, everyone!" Avi says with a grin.

"Today's video is going to be a serious one. This video is going to be about baby Micah and something that is wrong with him. I am sure all of you have seen the title of this video and yes you are reading the title right.

"Kate and I will explain everything about Micah and about what is wrong with him so please watch the whole video." Avi says and Kate nods in agreement.

"A few weeks ago during my twenty week anatomy scan, we found out that Micah has something wrong with his heart. At first, I was terrified and devastated. I was afraid that our son was going to die because I know a few people back in England who had children who had a heart defect and they passed away during birth, right after birth, after their heart surgery or just suddenly when they were home and healthy. But I know God is with me and my family at all times and I know God made Micah just the way he is for a reason. Micah is our surprise baby and he is so loved already." Kate says to the camera, trying to not cry from reliving the traumatic memory.

"The ultrasound tech doing the anatomy scan ultrasound was very sweet and reassured Kate and I that Micah was going to be okay and to remain positive. She said she has seen Micah's heart defect a lot and she knows a lot of babies who thrived after being born with it." Avi says as he kisses Kate's cheek, comforting his wife.

"Yeah, when the ultrasound tech said that I was relieved some. I was so afraid Micah had some rare heart defect with no cure or treatment or even worse, death." Kate says as she wipes away a few tears from her eyes.

Avi tenderly rubs Kate's shoulders, comforting her some more.

"We haven't spoken about Micah's heart defect on our YouTube channel until now, because Avi and I wanted to tell all of our family and friends before we told all of you. We also wanted to talk with my doctors and Micah's future cardiologist. Everyone in our life now knows about Micah's heart defect and they are all so supportive and loving." Kate says to the camera.

"I also wanna say this before we even start talking about Micah's heart defect. Micah's heart defect is very common, very treatable and he can live a very normal active life after his heart surgery." Avi says to the camera.

"Obviously heart surgery is very scary for everybody, especially on a little newborn baby but with the heart defect Micah has, the probability of Micah being completely fine and do well afterwards is very high. Which makes me feel very relieved however I am still nervous about it." Kate says to the camera.