EIGHT

▪ ▪ ▪

Jungkook was worried. That's an understatement. He was going crazy, not being able to concentrate on a single thing at hand. All, he could think about was Taehyung. Taehyung didn't call him all day yesterday. He didn't even turn up at his place last night. And now he wasn't in school.

Jungkook wanted to go to his place and check if he was okay but he didn't want to anger Taehyung. He knew Taehyung told him that he needed space for some time but Jungkook didn't think it would be this long. He would have gone to Taehyung's house but chickened out at the thought of Taehyung snapping at him to go away. He didn't want to anger him further.

All day, the only thing on his mind was Taehyung. He couldn't concentrate on what the teacher was saying or what his Hyungs were talking about during lunch. Jungkook sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. He didn't realize Taehyung would get this mad at him.

"Jungkook, you okay?" Yoongi asked gently, placing a hand on Jungkook's shoulder during lunch.Jungkook looked up at him with tired eyes and nodded. Then hid his face in his hands again.

"Where is Tae?" Namjoon asked and Jungkook groaned.

"I don't know." He sighed, throwing his head back and sighing again.

"What do you mean? Aren't you both always together?" Jimin frowned and Jungkook gave him a worn out look.

"Yeah, but I don't know." Jungkook said and Jin hummed.

"Did you two get into a fight?" He asked in a soft voice and Jungkook looked at him.

"Kind of. Yeah. But I didn't think he would get this mad. He said he needed to be alone." Jungkook rubbed his red eyes, harshly so Hoseok grabbed his hands away.

"Don't do that, you will irritate them." He put Jungkook's hands to his sides and Jungkook nodded, blinking back some tears.

"Aw, don't cry Kookie. I'm sure he would come around." Jimin got up from his seat, slipping down beside Jungkook and hugged him.

"Maybe something came up and he had to skip school. Something totally unrelated to your fight?" Yoongi tried to console him, rubbing his back.

"But wouldn't he have told me?" Jungkook asked in a small voice.

"If he was mad at you, probably not." Yoongi said and Namjoon shook his head.

"Remember that time when they had a fight but Taehyung still called Jungkook to tell him that he was pooping? So yeah." Namjoon pursed his lips and Jungkook groaned, banging his head against the back of the chair.

"What did you guys fight about? Maybe we could help?" Jimin asked, holding Jungkook's head in place.

"I can't tell you." Jungkook mumbled and Jimin frowned but didn't pressure him.

After school, Jungkook took a walk past Taehyung's house to catch a glimpse of him. The windows to his room were shut, curtains pulled away. Jungkook waited outside for a while but then walked back to his own place, hoping Taehyung would call. He didn't.

Taehyung didn't come to his place that night either, nor did he turn up to school the next day. Jungkook sat with his head down during the lunch, crying, as the others consoled him. But they were getting worried too.