THIRTY

▪ ▪ ▪

Taehyung was out as soon as the class ended.

He quickly picked up his bag and dashed away, scurrying past the people in the hallway without looking back. Jungkook ran after him.

"Taehyung." Jungkook called out, trying to walk past the tons of people leaving their classrooms, "Tae, wait."

Taehyung didn't hear him, or pretended not to, and walked away, pushing some freshman kid out of his way and making him bump against the wall harshly.

Jungkook glanced up at Taehyung helplessly, seeing him carelessly shove more people aside as he stormed away. He looked at the boy who was on the floor and ran up to him.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked, taking the boy's hand and helping him up.

"I'm- I'm fine. Thanks." The guy mumbled, leaning down to rub his knee. Jungkook looked at him and saw a scratch on his elbow which was bleeding lightly.

"O-oh you are bleeding." Jungkook said, pointing at his elbow. The guy hummed, looking at the cut. Jungkook looked at him, "I have some wipes, you can use them." He said, pulling out a packet of wipes from his bag.

He pulled one out and dabbed it against the bleeding skin. The boy looked up at Jungkook with a small smile, "Thanks- wait, aren't you Jungkook? The one who..." He trailed off.

Jungkook gulped at him, "Y-yeah. I- uh-"

"I really like you." The guy blurted out, then turned red when he realized how it sounded. Jungkook looked at him with furrowed brows, "Huh?"

"I-I mean- I heard you are a really nice guy and you came out to your friends but someone else heard and well, you know. It takes a lot of courage to deal with that right?" He asked. Jungkook smiled brightly, "Yes. Thank you."

"I'm Greyson, by the way. Freshman." He said, holding his hand out to shake Jungkook's. Jungkook looked down at his own hands. One was holding the packet of wipes and one was holding a wipe, cleaning away the boy's arm.

"Nice to meet you Greyson but I can't really shake your hand now." Jungkook giggled. Greyson pursed his lips, pulling his hand back, "Yeah, my bad. Wow- you really are nice. And the guy who pushed me, didn't even look back let alone say sorry. Bloody asshole."

Jungkook glanced uo at him and gulped, "Um I'm really sorry for his behavior. He- he is not a rude person, I swear." Jungkook said as he cleaned the kid up, "He is nice and sweet and-"

"Ew Greyson, what are you doing with the fag?" Some guy asked as he walked up to Greyson and flung his arm across his shoulder.

Jungkook paused and blinked up at him and the guy gave him a disgusted look, "Stay away from my friends you queer." He snarked, chuckling like he just made the funniest joke ever.

"N-no I wasn't doing anything. I-I'm sorry, I was just-"

"Shut up." The guy snapped. Jungkook looked down, "Sorry." He replied, feeling small. Greyson looked at his friend, "He is actually a nice guy Carl, he helped me-"

"Doesn't stop him from being a fag." The guy snickered.

Jungkook gulped heavily, feeling the lump in his throat that always arose when he would be on the verge of crying.

"S-sorry. I'll leave. I'm sorry." Jungkook said quickly turning around and trying to walk away. But someone grabbed his bag and made him turn back around.

"Uh huh, were are you going?" Someone asked Jungkook, as Jungkook was turned back to face the two boys. Jungkook looked down, tears in his eyes.

"You are not going anywhere Jungkook." Another one said and Jungkook breathed deeply, blinking his tears away.