THIRTY EIGHT

Okayyyy don't hate me but I posted this chapter before, then me being me I managed to erase the whole entire thing and had to rewrite it ALL. OVER. AGAIN. And i got really unmotivated 👏FML. This is so embarrassing.

🙏🙏 sorry and sorry. I will make this one longer to make up :)

Ps. The people who already read it. Idk if you are reading this again but this one is a bit longer and i changed some things up so yeahh

▪ ▪ ▪

We have all heard the saying, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.'

That's bullshit.

Complete and utter bullshit if you ask me or if you ask Jungkook. Words are... dangerous. They are the worst things you can use to hurt someone.

By worst things, I mean not the kind that would do little to harm the person because they are weak. I mean the kind which would ruin them completely, leave them crying in the darkness while trying to sew up their torn up heart because it is that bad.

It had always been words, isn't it?

Who said they didn't hurt? Who the fuck had the audacity? They have clearly never lived properly, they have clearly never listened properly.

Words cut sharp and deep like knives, blades- or no. No they don't. They are like paper cuts but they go straight to the heart and string it apart to threads, leaving them hanging out of you for support. Of course they are invisible to the eye but it's still there, it's still present right there.

See, you know the truth is always bitter, the lies are always sour, disgustingly sour, and those blank sentences? Those emotionless phrases that someone carelessly brushes in your direction? They are always tasteless. Bland.

Well- Jungkook didn't even know what he had been fed with. He didn't know if it was the bitter truth, the sour lies or the tasteless compliments that Taehyung had said to him. He didn't know what to believe, didn't know where the truth ends and lies start.

It had always been words. But this time? This time it was not just that.

"Jungkook." A voice buzzed in a distance, incoherent to Jungkook.

Jungkook continued staring ahead, unshed tears settled in his eyes like pools of crystal clear water, wanting to break free and roll down his rosy cheeks, paint them with colors of pain. Wanting to tell him how fucking stupid he was, how it was all his fault that he was in pain.

The pain of Jungkook's heart breaking for the umpteenth time, it was his fault. The pain was his heart cracking straight down the middle, suffocating him and making him lose his mind, not knowing how to feel- what to feel, it was all his fault.

His fault for not realizing that Taehyung was a liar, he did nothing but lie and hurt people that care about him. His fault for going back to him again and again, giving him chances again and again thinking that maybe, maybe, he would get some love back in return. Maybe Taehyung would value him a little and just- just not push him away at least.

But what did he get?

The pain that Taehyung made him go through over and over again. When he would pick him up, give him hope and make him happy for a split second, then throw him down- chuck him away and let him crack to tiny pieces.