FOURTY ONE

Free tissues people👏👏 line up, line up.

▪ ▪ ▪

Are you scared Taehyung? That's pathetic. How weak.

His father's voice boomed in his head, ringing in his ears as Taehyung he walked down the road, head hung low, hair covering his tear stained face.

You are fucking pathetic Kim.

Jimin growled, his angry face all too clear to Taehyung as he took slow steps down the sidewalk, hands hanging loosely from his sides, the horns of the cars just a back ground noise.

Who would want such a guy around? I sure as fuck wouldn't.

A girl's voice whispered and Taehyung closed his eyes shut but then saw himself sitting in the library, hurriedly trying to put on some music to cancel out the whispers.

What friends? I heard they kicked him out of their friend group because he is an asshole.

A voice came through his ear phones and Taehyung saw himself yanking them out of his ears, breathing heavily as he looked around, looking utterly terrified.

You are pathetic, really.

Jia's voice said and Taehyung saw himself cowering to the corner, hands over his ears as he shook his head, screaming. He opened his eyes, not wanting to see more images of him crying and screaming in terror.

Everything inside the box means nothing anymore. Do you get that?

Taehyung walked down the side walk faster, head pounding and eyes teary as he took a turn, everything suddenly becoming much more quieter.

I'm trying my hardest here to get over you but you keep fucking up.

Jungkook snapped at him, his angry, annoyed face making Taehyung clench his fists. He didn't want Jungkook to be mad, he never wanted Jungkook to be mad at him.

Because you are an asshole, Kim Taehyung.

Jungkook's voice rang again and Taehyung let out a gasp, a tear rolling down his cheek as he ran the rest of the way, not looking to his sides, not looking back. Just going.

Taehyung reached the big, rusty looking iron gates soon and looked inside, panting heavily. The voices continued to ring in his head, making him want to claw his ears out.

He stood outside, trying to catch his breath as he gazed inside, eyes blinking slowly, the tears glistening on his lashes, smearing onto his cheeks.

Taehyung walked inside through the gates, his gentle footsteps thudding softly against the ground as he dragged himself along. He bowed his head down low, hair falling into his eyes as he shuffled along.

He noticed how cool it was in there, how calm it was- silent. The rustling of some trees and a dog barking once in a while was everything there was to be heard. Everything else was silent.

There was a misty feel to the air, the smell of dirt hanging low and heavy around him as Taehyung looked around, finding it had to do so with his teary eyes.

He brought his hand up, wiping away the tears with the back of his hand. He blinked his eyes at a distance for a second and then spotted what he was looking for- or rather, who he was looking for.

Kim Yejun
1982 - 2000

Taehyung made his way gently down the dirt path and then softly sat down besides the grave. He looked at the name written on the stone and reached out to trace it like it was the most fragile thing in the world.