FOURTY SIX

last chapter :(

▪ ▪ ▪

"Jeon Jungkook? Will you be my boyfriend?" Taehyung asked, voice dropped down to nothing more than a whisper.

He was shaking, everyone could see it. Taehyung knew everyone could see him shivering in nervousness. He was nervous, terrified. His heart felt like it would stop any second and he would faint and fall down from the stage. His knees were going weaker by the second and he didn't know how much longer he could keep standing- gosh why wasn't Jungkook saying anything?

Jungkook was standing in front of Taehyung, tears swimming in his eyes. His hands were still bunched up to his front, the long sleeves of the shirt forming cute little paws. And he was quiet. He was just letting out shallow breaths, blinking at Taehyung.

There was a thick silence in the air. Hundreds of people in the stadium and not one was saying anything, anxious themselves for what Jungkook was going to say. It was domineering. Fingers were crossed, breaths were held, eyes were widened, mouths agape.

People were clutching onto each other, digging their nails into their palms with their eyes on the two boys on the stage. Anxiousness was dripping from their faces but no one was as scared as Taehyung, who had his eyes closed, chanting say yes, please say yes, please please pleaseeee!

"You- you are a dumbass, Kim Taehyung." A small voice said, followed by a sniffle. Taehyung opened his eyes and blinked at Jungkook, his breath getting caught up in his throat, "Is- Is that a no?"

"Yes." Jungkook said, wiping his nose with the back of his hand and walking closer to Taehyung.

"O-oh." Taehyung let out in dismay, "Oh. Um- o-okay. Whatever. It's fine. I'm- I'm just going to-"

"It's a yes, you idiot." Jungkook said before pulling Taehyung closer by his collar- and then pressed their lips together.

Fireworks exploded.

Literally. Jimin went and pushed the firework guys out of the way and then started the fireworks. People started screaming wildly, losing their heads off. The crowd started jumping up and down, slapping each other in excitement. Someone started crying.

Everyone was clapping, cheering, yelling. The comments of the homophobic people were drowned in the celebration of joy, of love. Just how it should be. The music started playing again, the people started dancing.

Jungkook pulled away from Taehyung, letting his collar go. Taehyung had his eyes blown wide, cheeks pink. He stared at Jungkook for a second and then gasped realllyyyyyyy loudly, shoving the bouquet of flowers in Jungkook's hand.