TWENTY SEVEN

Guess who doesn't want to study and is totally gonna fail again? Haha me.
▪ ▪ ▪

Jungkook went home.

He went home, trying to keep himself together as he made his way up the stairs, pretending like his legs didn't want to collapse right there and then. Like his heart hadn't just been crushed.

He gently put his bag to the side, staring at the carpeted floor with unblinking, dazed eyes, telling himself it was fine, everything was normal. Like he didn't want to go beg for Taehyung to not leave him alone.

Jungkook sat down on the bed, feeling his head pounding, his insides tugging at each other and making his chest collapse. His breathing was heavy, raspy but nonexistent at the same time and he couldn't seem to fill up his lungs properly. He put a hand to his heart, trying to calm himself down, gasping for air.

And soon enough, Jungkook was crouched up onto the bed, body folded tightly into itself as he fisted the sheets, sobbing heavily. He put a hand over his mouth, feeling the hot tears roll down his cheeks, making way down his cheeks before falling like clear pearls onto the bedsheets.

It was that feeling, the one you get when you wake up from a nightmare only to find out it wasn't a nightmare. It was reality. Sick fucking reality that you would have to face, that you can't run away from.

It was the feeling of being homesick, extremely crazily homesick, and wanting nothing but to go back home but knowing your home doesn't exist anymore.

So Jungkook cried harder.

Balling his fist up against his mouth, he hid his face in his pillow, hiccuping heavily while tugging at his shirt, trying to claw his heart out because oh- Taehyung didn't want him anymore and his heart was crushed into a million pieces, each piece poking his chest from the inside making him bleed

Jungkook cried and cried and cried for hours.

His mother knocked on his door and asked him if he was okay. He said he was, when he sure as hell wasn't.

Jungkook wasn't okay.

She tried to make him come out of his room to eat but he refused, telling her to leave him alone. She was worried, not knowing why Jungkook was acting like this and because she could hear him crying.

His father tried to get him to come out of the room but Jungkook stayed there, stayed bundled up together, hugging himself and clutching his head which was aching madly.

"Go away." Jungkook croaked out in a weak voice when he heard soft knocks on his bedroom door, "I said I'm fine."

"Jungkook it's Jimin." Jimin said softly from the other side, "And I know you are not fine. I know you're crying. But it's completely okay. You need to let it all out." He said, standing with one hand pressed against the door and the other clutching the door knob.

Jungkook dragged himself up from the bed, wiping his face with his sleeves but it was no use, his face was all puffy and red and anyone could tell he had been crying, that is- if they hadn't heard his cries yet.

He opened the door and peeked out and saw Jimin looking worried. Jimin looked at him with sad eyes, "Kookie." He whispered in a gentle tone.