Do I Know You?

His name was Xiao Dejun...

His black hair moved with the cool breeze. Dejun strolled down to the campus library. The new semester had started and some of his classes were over at Eximia. This new program confused him a bit, the fact that he'd basically be taking his classes at two different colleges. 

Just when he was about to reach the library, Dejun felt his knees grow weak. He started to lose his balance, and he rushed to a nearby bench as fast as he could. Dejun took a seat and clutched his head. It felt like it was spinning, his heart pounding in his ears. Dejun knew exactly what was going on. 

Xiao Dejun was a Universalis. 

A Universalis was a wizard that had visions. They could basically foresee the future, whether it was good or bad. He'd get visions every now and then, but he wouldn't know when. He'd get shooting pain as his mind showed him a different world. 

"Ow," Dejun groaned. He rubbed his head and realized he was no longer on a bench in front of the library.

Dejun was walking to a class at Eximia. He was walking to the Health Sciences building when the door opened before he could reach the handle. 

A girl came stumbling out the door, trying to regain her balance. Dejun stood in front of the entrance, shocked, and watched her fall on the ground. He panicked and rushed to the girl, putting his arms out to help her up. 

"Are you ..." 

Before he could finish the sentence, the girl looked up. Her face was so familiar, it shocked him. It was the face of his childhood best friend. The girl he never thought he'd see again. 

The vision ended. Dejun opened his eyes and was back in front of the library. He walked in and grabbed the books he needed, his mind never once focusing on the task in front of him. Dejun could only think about the girl. The girl he'd once known. 

Dejun walked grabbed his bike, putting his books in his bag before he got on, and left the campus. He had taken a trip to Eximia the day before to get a feel for the campus. Dejun biked past the groups of whispering girls. They kept looking at him with cheeky smiles, but Dejun ignored it. He didn't smile at people he didn't know, it just made him a bit uncomfortable. 

Dejun was a funny and loud guy when he was with his friends. He was great to be around, but if he didn't know you, he'd be a bit shy at first. It wouldn't take him long to open up, though.

He reached the health sciences building and sighed. He braced himself for the chain of events, reaching out to open the door. 

Everything that happened afterward went exactly how the vision went.  

The door opened before he could touch the door handle, revealing a girl stumbling out of the doorway, struggling to keep her balance. 

"God, help me!" she screeched before hitting the ground. Dejun looked at the girl's fallen form with wide eyes. 

Dejun, you idiot, why didn't you catch her? he scolded. 

Dejun reached out, trying to help the girl up, but she started to get up by herself. She dusted herself off before looking up. Dejun felt breathless. He took a moment to look at the girl's confused face before he came back to his senses.

"I, uh," he stuttered. The girl looked familiar. She was indeed his best friend that he thought had left his life for good. Her friendly features were quite familiar to Dejun. It was the face of a girl he missed, the face he had once known so well. Dejun's best friend he had to part ways with. 

She had grown to become quite beautiful. The girl's curly black hair shining under the sunlight, her yellow sweater complimenting her skin. Dejun scratched the back of his neck, eyes searching the ground as if they had tips on what he should say. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." The girl smiled at him. "Did I bump into you?" The girl moved closer, ready to help if the boy in front of her had any cuts. 

"No, no," Dejun started. "I just ... are you alright?" Dejun chuckled as the girl grinned, embarrassed. 

"Yeah, just tripped on the welcome mat on the way out. I took a bit of a tumble, as I'm sure you saw," she laughed, nervous. The girl smiled at him and awkwardly put her hand up, a horrible attempt at a wave farewell. 

She took a step away from him when a hand grabbed her wrist. The girl whipped around, giving Dejun a puzzled look. He retracted his hand, regretting it, and looked around before locking eyes with her. 

"Huang Meixing?" 

The girl's eyebrow shot up, visibly shocked and confused. "Yes, that's me," she replied. Dejun smiled, happier than ever. He expected the girl to recognize him - the boy she'd grown up with, shared every moment with - the way he recognized her. He reached took two excited steps toward her, but she took two steps back.

"Do I know you?"

The Sun Will Come Out (WayV)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें