Do It.

(All dialogue is in Chinese.)

YangYang sat on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He climbed down the ladder, walking away from the bunk bed he shared with Dejun. 

He walked into the hallway, running straight into Dejun. "Yang, you alright?" Dejun asked. He stopped YangYang from walking past him, wanting to know what was on his best friend's mind. 

YangYang dragged Dejun back into his room, knowing he wasn't busy that day. They had a day off from practice at SM, and it was a Friday night. 

"Remember when I told you about ... Tungmei?" 

Dejun was sitting next to YangYang on the lower bunk. Dejun's bed. He sighed and nodded. "Yeah. What's been going on with that?" he asked. 

"I don't know if I should tell her." YangYang groaned, burying his head in his hands in defeat. He fell back, his body laying on the soft sheets. Dejun swallowed hard, trying to figure out what to tell YangYang. 

"Maybe you should just tell her you're an Infernus. I'm sure she will-" 

"Dejun, you have a fourth of a brain cell!" YangYang screeched, sitting up in a flash. Dejun looked annoyed when he looked at YangYang.

"Dude, listen. You can't avoid this. I understand you're afraid how she'll react, but you can't keep it a secret. If anything, Tungmei should be mad at you! I hope she gets mad!" 

YangYang glared. "Oh. Thanks, Dejun," he sneered. Dejun smirked. 

"Hear me out. Tungmei would only be upset for keeping a secret from her. If she gets mad because you're an Infernus, then that's her loss. You shouldn't be friends. But right now, the only reason I can see Tungmei getting mad is that you kept something from her."

YangYang thought about Dejun's clever words. "You know, Dejun..." YangYang sniggered. "Your words are quite sagacious."

Dejun's expression warped into one of distaste. He hissed as if YangYang's words had stabbed him in the throat. "Okay. One, I hate the way you put emphasis on sagacious. Two, I feel like you're being sarcastic and I don't appreciate it," Dejun snapped. YangYang laughed, shaking his head. 

"Dejun, you're a funny guy."

"Thank you. I like to think I'm funny," Dejun said. 

"Funny looking!" YangYang teased. Dejun lunged in an instant, tackling YangYang. YangYang was on the verge of splitting his side from laughing. He shoved Dejun off him, who ended up rolling off the bed. 

"On a serious note," YangYang started, glancing on Dejun on the floor. "I think you're right. But there's a lot of hate between the Infernus and Aquaticus covens, even to this day. Every Infernus I've met reacted terribly. I don't know if I'm ready for this."

Dejun looked at the ceiling, wondering. "Remind me why there's a huge issue between you two in the first place?" he asked, failing to recall. 

"In the past, there were a lot of wars between the two. I mean, an Infernus is a witch or wizard that can master fire, whereas an Aquaticus can master water. Water and fire repel. Just like the actual covens. To this day, the two have bad views of each other." 

"You're not like that, are you?" Dejun asked. 

"No, no!" Yangyang said, waving his hands. "Never. It's dumb to me. But a lot of the others in the covens can't move on and look past it. My parents definitely can't." YangYang sighed. He kept his eyes fixed on his hands, twiddling his thumbs. 

"Who knows?" Dejun said. "Maybe she has the same views as you. You can't assume. 'Cus when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me." Dejun smiled. 

"Did you just..." YangYang shook his head. "I oughta smack you out the window right now," he said. "Distasteful humor, Dejun!" Dejun stuck his tongue out at YangYang. 

"I say you tell her. Tomorrow. Do it." 

YangYang looked at Dejun fearfully. "You think so?"

"Yes!" 

YangYang's eyebrows knit together as he pumped a fist in the air. "You're right." He tapped his feet on the floor before jumping off the bed and standing in front of Dejun. He looked determined as he thought about all the good outcomes of telling the truth. 

"I'll do it."