16

Taehyung POV

Apparently my little crying fit was enough for them to take action. I was told that someone would get me after school, they would bring home to grab my belongings and take me to a temporary home. Mostly until they found a permanent one, you know with relatives or adoptive parents. Well that's all I really know, they kept me in the dark.

I was glad, I finally wouldn't have to suffer at home. But sad at the same time. What would happen to my relationship with Jungkook, he was the one I truly needed not some random people. So before school ended I went to him.

I went during one of my classes, honestly I hate science so like it's okay. I was pretty sure he didn't have a class during that time and luckily I was right.

"Jungkook" I said walking into the room.

"Yes?" He turned around.

"T-they're taking me away!" I somewhat yelled but didn't, my emotions kinda like started fighting each other. That caused a voice crack and the rest is history.

"What?" He asked kind of angrily.

"I have to leave but I don't want too! I wanna stay with you! Not some random family!" I cried. Jungkook ran to the door and shut it.

"I have no idea what you mean." He came over and grabbed my shoulders, lowering himself to my level. "Explain please?"

"T-the lady" I could barely talk through my sobbing. "I w-wont be ab-ble to stay here" He wiped my face with his hand. "And I d-don't wan-nna go."

I was getting a bit irritated, it seemed that Jungkook just pretended not to understand. It was making mad sad and angry at the same time. He looked at me with sadness then pulled me into a hug.

"Its okay, we'll figure it out. Okay?" I nodded while clinging to his shirt. "Remember, I'm here for you. I'll figure it out."

Could he really? I may not know much about the law but I'm pretty sure you can't just randomly adopt someone, well of that was what he was going to do. But the question which really bothered me was worse. Why would he even try to help me? Especially when he could simply forget about me and eliminate his risk of losing everything?

"They are taking me afterschool" He stopped hugging me. "I'll get my stuff and go to a new house, b-but I really don't want t-to" My tears threatened to come again.

"Taehyung, listen. I'll be here for you, I'll work very hard to help you. And then we could run away and be together forever." He smiled.

"W-why can't we now?" He looked up in slight confusion, standing up and once again towering over me.

"We can't, I plan to follow the laws."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, the way he worded that sentence seemed odd. Was he possibly the one who did this? No he couldn't be.

"I'll work on it, okay?" He was definitely a bit angry but he still smiled. "Go to class."

"Can't I stay here? I don't wanna leave you yet.." Although it looked like my sentence tempted him he still said no. "Why?"

"Go to class"

____

Jungkook POV

They apparently decided to take action quite quickly, and luckily they didn't say anything about me to Taehyung. And I doubt Taehyung mentioned my name so I won't have to worry about that, but I'll have to do some research.

So I'm a little unsure about things. How do I get custody of a child I'm not physically related to? And especially one that was abused and probably will be in fostercare? And I'm not even sure if I'm eligible to adopt, maybe I'll just have to take him illegally. Obviously that's my last option.

I did some research, apparently if a child wishes to be with a certain adult their wish will be granted through procedures but they must be related or have a relationship in some sort of way. But I can't apply saying I'm his lover, clearly that would be classified as child abuse, etc.

I'll need a lawyer, permission from relatives. (his Aunt) Even if she loses custody she apparently has a say in who the child lives with, especially if its requested by the child himself. I'll need proof of other things, like that I have a stable income and can support him. This is all just a lot of work, but its definitely worth it.

I called up a few people and told them to prepare for a court battle. Yeah, so I realized I still need Taehyung to tell them but its awkward when you say 'I wanna live my teacher', if that doesn't bring up alarms nothing will.

So I've decided to say I was a friend of his mother, obviously that isnt true and I'm not even sure what her name is but I can get information about her later when I really need it.

So before school ended, I caught Taehyung in the hallways and pulled him into the bathroom for a talk.

"So you'll become like my dad?"

"Well kind of" I hadn't really put any thought into that, but now that I realize it. Yes. "Either way remember what I told you."

"So I'll get to live with you then?"

"Well I'm working on it, but just remember the story. Okay?"

"Okay, your my mom's old friend from Korea. She died and you met my Aunt at the funeral but she probably doesn't remember you. And you randomly met me again and we became close like we were back when I was young..?"

"Yeah... Uh kinda, just remember the main parts" I smiled. "Like the friend part, and that I'm practically your uncle"

"But your not.."

"Taehyung! If you wanna keep our relationship alive, you'll have to lie!" I yelled at him in Korean. He kinda sunk down a bit and looked like a sad puppy.

"Okay, but it's only because I love you"

"I love you too"

______