81

BLOOD DRIPS DOWN on the floorboard as the people rush over towards the truck, their weapons raised high

BLOOD DRIPS DOWN on the floorboard as the people rush over towards the truck, their weapons raised high. With her eyes still trained on the crimson red blood painting her jeans, she tilts her head to the side, a tear falling down her cheek as pain soars through the wound. She raises her hand and touches the wound, a hiss of pain escaping her lips as it stings. "Aria?"

Her head snaps up and she meets Rick and Daryl's eyes, relief filling her features. Their eyes move down to the wound on her leg, their weapons dropping down to the side. "Did you get bit?" Rick asks and Aria shakes her head, blowing out a breath as she pushes her blonde bangs behind her ears. "Nojust don't give me a gun." The two men visibly relax and she scoots out from the floorboard, her boots touching the ground.

Anger is evident in Daryl's eyes as he stares down at his girlfriend, a scowl on his face. She was told before that she wasn't allowed to go out alone; yet here she is alone. He walks away from Rick and Aria, his jaw clenched tightly. If she would have died, he would have been raging.

"Come on, lets get you fixed." Rick utters and grabs her elbow, gently pulling her up. Aria and Rick have this weird relationship. They're like siblings, they both have different opinions on thing but they care about each other. Aria hobbles beside Rick, keeping any pressure off of the gunshot wound. Luckily, it was just a skim, but it stings badly. As Aria and Rick near Daryl, Aria's eyes trail down to the laid out body, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "What are you going to do with him?" She quietly asks, Daryl ignoring her question as he continues to look down at the man nicknamed Jesus.

"We aren't sure."

♚ ♛

Aria and Daryl sit on opposite ends of the small hall, their eyes glued to the knocked out man. Silence consumes the two and it's not the one they like it's the awkward one. He hasn't spoken one word to her and to say she is upset, is an understatement. She's not sure what she did wrong; he's giving her the silent treatment and she hates it with a passion. The worst part about him being mad at her is that she doesn't know what he is mad about.

Rubbing her eye with a balled up fist, Aria nibbles on her bottom lip before turning towards Daryl, eyes narrowed. "Speak to me," She pleads, sadness forming in her blue eyes, which causes them to lighten slightly. Daryl ignores her once again and she sighs lowly, her fingers fiddling around with the blue stone around her neck. "I don't know what I did wrong. I won't understand unless you talk to me aboutexplain it to me. 'Cause ignoring me isn't going to fix anything."

Daryl stays silent and she sighs lowly, moving away from the wall. She kneels down in front of Daryl, her eyes full of despair, confusion and sadness. "What did I do?" She asks quietly, her voice cracking. She hates this; she hates that he's mad at her for some reason. She would much rather him yelling at her than the silent treatment. "Leave me alone," Daryl grumbles quietly, eyes narrowed at her dangerously. Biting down on her bottom lip, Aria nods, raising up to her feet. She remembers what happened last time when she didn't listen to him she doesn't want him to spat out something he doesn't mean.

Setting her hand on the doorknob, she furrows her eyebrows before turning towards him. "This relationship isn't going to work out if we don't talk about our problems," She utters before pulling open the door and stepping out, a drop of rain hitting her cheek. The door gently closes behind her and she rushes into the street, the rain becoming more harsh. The gauze around the gunshot wound begins to become soggy as it soaks up the rain and she sighs lowly, her head tilting down towards the ground. She just had to make her dramatic exit at the wrong time, didn't she? Now she looks like an idiot hobbling through the rain.

Bursting into the house, everyone turns to look at her and her cheeks begin to heat up as she closes the door behind her. Carol wraps a towel around Aria, her head shaking as she glances over the soaked female. "What happened?" Carol asks, following Aria up to her and Daryl's shared room. Pushing open her door, Aria rolls her eyes, running a hand through her blonde hair.

"Daryl's being a dick like always."

A U T H O R
i love doing this to y'all. like i'm pretty sure i have left y'all on a cliffhanger about 50 times in this book but it's fine because y'all still continue to read it which i love so thank you for continuing to read even after i leave y'all on cliffhangers. much love! ❤️