d.w//fight

"That's your sixth whiskey tonight!" You say angrily, trying to snatch the glass off the table.

He grabs it from you and fills it again, downing the liquid without a word.

"I'm so tired of the drinking Dean! I get that your job is stressful but coming home and drowning your sorrows in alcohol isn't the way to fix it!" You shout.

"You get it? Right okay. You understand the shit that I see every day." He says, chuckling. 

"Dean..." You say, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"No Y/N, explain to me how you 'get' that my job is stressful." He says, turning in his chair to face you.

"Dean I didn't mean it like that." You say. 

"Well then how did you mean it? Because you have no clue what I go through." He says, becoming angrier and angrier. 

"I don't know." You say quietly.

"Yeah that's what I thought. Now don't fucking tell me what to do." He spits. 

You're taken aback by the ferocity in his voice. He hasn't ever spoken to you like that, even when he is drunk.

"Do you understand what I go through when you come home and get drunk off your ass?! It's like having to take care of a three year old! All I want is to be able to spend time with my boyfriend before he goes off again for another three days to kill some other creature that no one knows of! All I want is to be with you and when you're home you're drunk! You're so--selfish!" You scream.

Dean shoots up, pushing the chair across the room.

"You think that I want to do this! You think that I want to come home and get so drunk that I don't even know where I am! No I fucking don't but I don't have any other choice! I don't have an outlet Y/N! I can't let the shit I see pile up in my head! I will lose my mind if I do! So what's my other option! Whiskey!" He says, picking up the bottle and taking a swig.

"Me! You have me! I can be your outlet Dean! It's my fucking job! I want to help you!" You cry.

"Well what you can do to help me is get off my ass and stop being such a fucking bitch!" He howls. 

Your hand flies to your mouth and tears fill your eyes.

"Dean. You don't mean that." You whisper.

"The hell I don't! You're always fucking on my about everything! You're a bitch Y/N just face the facts!" He slurs. 

You force down a sob, not wanting to fall apart in front of him. You run to your bedroom, slamming the door. You lay down on the bed and your sobs fill the room. Tears are streaming down your face and your chest heaves, heavy and also empty from his words. It feels as if someone has punched a hole through your chest and ripped your heart out. He has never said anything like that to you before and you never thought he would. You hear someone softly knocking on your door.

"Y/N it's Sam." He says.

"Come in." You call back, sitting up and wiping the remaining tears from your face.  

He opens the door and comes to sit on the bed.

"What happened?" He asks.

Your bottom lip quivers and a tear falls down your face.

"Did Dean say something?" He says.

You nod as more tears slip down your face.

"I thought so. He's passed out on the couch with a bottle of whiskey in his hand." He says.

You bury your face into your hands and begin to cry again. Sam takes you in his long arms, pulling you into his chest. 

"What did he say?" He asks.

"H--He said I'm a--a bitch." You sob.

You feel Sam tense and shake his head.

"Damn it Dean." He mumbles.

"I don't k--know what to do a--anymore Sammy. He's d--drunk all of the time a--and I miss the  Dean that I--I know a--and remember." You sob.

"I know. He just takes this really hard. He doesn't know how else to deal with what we see." He says.

"He h--has me." You cry.

"He knows he does but he doesn't want to burden you with everything that we see on a daily basis. He loves you so much Y/N and he can't imagine getting you involved in our lifestyle. He is nervous about how involved you are already." Sam says.

"I doesn't f--feel like he l--loves me." You whisper.

Sam sits you up and holds you by the shoulders.

"Y/N I have never seen my brother look at anyone the way he looks at you. With you he is a different person. He doesn't know how to deal with our job correctly and it's something he needs to work on but that's why you're here. You have saved him Y/N. He just needs you right now." He says.

You close your eyes and sniffle.

"Thank you Sammy." You say, hugging him tightly.

"I love the both of you like crazy Y/N." He says.

"I love you too." You say.

"I'll try and go wake him and hopefully he has sobered up." Sam says and kisses your forehead. 

"Thanks." You say.

He leaves and you go into the bathroom to fix yourself up. You know what Sam said is true because you know Dean's past but it's so hard to believe it when he acts like this. You're wiping the mascara from under your eyes when someone knocks at the door.

"Y/N?" He says.

It's Dean. 

"Come in." You say. 

"Hey." He says awkwardly.

"Hi." You say and sit down on the bed. 

"Listen I--" He begins to say but you stop him.

"Wait. First I want to apologize for what I said about understanding what you see because I don't. I don't know the kinds of things that you deal with and I'm sorry for assuming that I did. I love you so much Dean and I want you to be able to talk to me whenever you need because that's what I'm here for." You say.

He sits down on 

"You don't have to apologize. What I said was way out of line and you don't deserve that. You have always been there for me and I can't thank you enough for that. I don't know where I would be without you right now and I don't even want to think about it. I just don't know how to deal with how I feel. Sometimes I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing." He says, closing his eyes and a tear slipping down his cheek.

You immediately stand up and hug him tightly. He buries his face into your neck and his body shakes with sobs. 

"Shh. It's okay." You say and run your fingers through his hair.

You sit down on the bed and he pulls away from you and you take his face in your hands, wiping away his tears.

"I'm glad you can feel Dean, because that means you know how much I love you." You say.

He crashes his lips on you yours then presses his forehead into yours. 

"I love you. So fucking much." He breathes.

"I love you too." You whisper and he pulls you into him, hugging you tightly.