j.p//best friend

You lay in bed, curled into a ball with tears rolling down your face just like you have been for the past three days. You haven't moved from your bed except to go to the bathroom and eat when you felt like it. You've ignored every call and every text and any contact with people in general. You're too hurt and broken to talk to anyone. You found out that your boyfriend of five years cheated on you and lied to you about it for months. You figured it out through his phone when she texted him about meeting up soon because she missed him. You confronted him and he told you everything, then left you. So you've stayed in your bed, too destroyed to move. Suddenly you hear someone banging on your front door. 

"Y/N? Y/N are you in there?" A man says.

You instantly know who it is. Jared. You guys have been best friends ever since you were little and you do everything together. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't talk to him so you knew that sooner or later he would show up. And he has a key to your apartment. You hear the door open and Jared's heavy footsteps come down the hall. 

"Y/N?" He calls softly. 

He knocks gently on your door and you don't respond, so he opens it. He sees you, a sniffling mess on your bed.

"Oh god Y/N." Jared says, shocked by the state you're in. 

He rushes over to your bedside and kneels down stroking your hair gently.

"What happened? I've been so worried about you." He says quietly. 

You close your eyes, more tears slipping from them. 

"Hey, hey hey. Shh it's okay." He says comfortingly and wipes them away. 

Just having him there makes you feel somewhat better, more calm.

"Talk to me. You know you can tell me anything." He says, stroking your cheek.

He helps you sit up and he kicks his boots off crawling into bed with you so you're back is pressed against his chest, holding you tightly. 

"Okay. What happened?" He says. 

You start to sob. Uncontrollably. You startle Jared a bit and he turns you around, pulling you into his chest. You hold his shirt tightly in your fists and sob into him. He rubs your back and shushes you quietly while you continue to cry. Eventually you sniffle, completely exhausted and drained. He sits you up and takes your face in his hands, wiping your excess tears away. '

"Okay now you've got that out, talk to me. I'm right here." He says, giving you the sweetest smile. 

God he knows exactly what to say to make you feel better. You begin explaining everything to him. How you found out, his reaction, him leaving, and you being alone and devastated. He listens intently, calming you down when you start to get worked up, and holding you tightly. You finally finish your story, mentally and emotionally exhausted by the end. 

"Fuck." Jared breathes. 

"Yeah." You answer.

"You know, I never liked that guy." He says.

You hit his chest.

"Jar!" You scold.

"What?! I'm being honest. I always thought he was a douche and he didn't deserve you. You were too good for him." He says. 

You blush and climb off of Jared. You swear you see a look of disappointment on his face but it's as gone as soon as it appeared.

"So. That's been what's up with me." You say sadly.

"I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to be treated like that. You deserve to be treated like a princess. I'll beat his ass." He says, putting his hand on top of yours.