d.w//stay with me

All you feel is pain. Searing, white-hot pain radiating throughout your abdomen and shooting into your legs and chest. Someones arms are wrapped around your body, holding you close to theirs although you're not sure who's but you can hear Dean's voice calling to you and trying to talk to you. 

"Hey, hey Y/N look at me." He says.

It feels like there is cotton stuffed in your ears and Dean is one thousand miles away. But you can hear your own labored and stuttering breathing as clear as day. Your eyes search frantically for one of the brother's faces when you hear Dean speak again. 

"Sam get Cas." Dean says.

You're brought back to reality when you lock eyes with Dean, true fear filling his emerald orbs. 

"Sammy is getting Cas. You're gonna be alright." He says.

You look down and see copious amounts of your own blood, decorating your shirt and leaking from in between Dean's fingers as he tries to stop the bleeding but it's no use.

"D--Dean. I'm d-dying." You gasp, feeling dizzy as blood continues to flow from your wound.

Everytime you breathe it's like knives covered in alcohol are being stuck into your stomach, sending razor sharp electrical currents throughout your body. 

"No you're not. We're gonna patch you up okay? It's not even that bad." He says, the panic evident in his voice as he's trying to soothe you.

"Don't l--lie to me ass--asshole." You say, as you try to laugh but it turns into a coughing fit, shooting more knives into your abdomen. 

"Sam come on!" Dean barks furiously.

"D--Dean." You sputter, your body feeling lighter as the pain begins to fade and the copper taste of blood fills your mouth.

You raise your arm, using all of the energy you have left to find Dean's face. You stroke his cheek as you smile weakly. 

"I love you." You whisper, your eyelids beginning to droop. 

"No, no sweetheart don't do this to me. Stay with me. SAM!" He cries, tears beginning to roll down his cheeks. 

"I love y--you Dean." You sigh, as your world dwindles to darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How is she?"

"I don't know. She's breathing so that's what matters." 

"Any signs she's waking up?" 

"No."

"We did what we could Dean. Now it's just a waiting game. She's..." 

For what feels like years, you can hear those around you as they talk about you, talk about your current state, talk about how they don't even know how you're alive, and how they don't know if you're ever going to wake up. Hell, you don't even know how you're alive. You want to wake up more than anything and tell the boys that you're okay and see relief on Dean's handsome face but it feels like your eyelids are weighed down with blocks of lead and no matter how hard you fight, they won't open. You've learned that Cas lost his angel mojo and wasn't able to heal you with his powers but by some miracle, the boys were able to get you patched up enough to get you home and get Bobby to work on you. They said you lost too much blood to be alive but they aren't surprised because you're a fighter and you always have been. Now it's up to you to show them how true that really is.

Dean's P.O.V.

I haven't left her side since we got back to Bobby's, and I can't force myself to. I keep telling myself that she will wake up at any moment but as the days go by, I'm becoming less confident.

"How is she?" Sam says, bringing me back from my thoughts. 

"I don't know. She's breathing so that's what matters." I say, not taking my eyes off her. 

"Any signs she's waking up?" He asks. 

"No." I answer simply, not wanting to talk to anyone. 

Sam sighs heavily. 

"We did what we could Dean. Now it's just a waiting game. She's a fighter." He says. 

I don't answer but I agree. From the moment I met her, I knew she was strong and she's only further proven that in the years that she's hunted with me and Sam. I keep replaying the last moments she was conscious over and over in my head. 

I love you.

I love you Dean. 

I love you.

I love you Dean.

Each time I see the image of her ashen face, I feel her cold hand on my cheek and my heart feels as if it's being crushed and I feel like I'm suffocating. I don't want that to be the last image I have of the woman I love. I carefully place my hand on her head and begin stroking her hair, knowing it's more for myself, letting me know that she's still here. 

"Stay with me. Stay with me." I say quietly, continuing to stroke her hair and try to convince myself that she'll be okay. 

Your P.O.V.

"Stay with me. Stay with me."

You hear Dean whispering to you but you still can't get yourself to open your eyes. You've been fighting with yourself for what feels like an eternity and you're exhausted. You want to just fall into sleep but you know that you'll never wake up if you do. You keep listening to the sound of Dean's voice as you try not to give into the darkness.

"I love you sweetheart. I love you so much. Please come back to me, stay with me." He says, his voice cracking. 

Suddenly, you're able to feel Dean stroking your hair and squeezing your hand. Your heart jumps and you focus in on the feeling, praying to whatever is up there that you'll be able to open your eyes. 

"Please. Come back." Dean whispers, starting to sob. 

Bright light takes over the darkness...

Your eyes flutter open and Dean gasps, tears still falling down his face.

"H--Hey." He says quietly. 

You search frantically for him and when your eyes catch his, tears start rolling down the sides of your face. 

"Welcome back sweetheart." Dean says, wiping away his remaining tears. 

"I could never leave you." Your voice hoarse. 

"I love you." He says. 

He kisses you passionately and you finally feel safe again. 

A/N: this is kinda eh. idk how I feel about it :/