s.w//our story

"Mommy?" Your son whispers, poking you in the arm. 

You wake up and roll over to see your son standing next to your bed, holding his stuffed moose tightly.

"Hunter what what's wrong?" You say, sitting up.

"I'm scared." He whimpers, lightning flashing and thunder clapping outside. 

"Oh come here baby." You whisper trying not to wake your husband Sam.

Hunter climbs into your bed and onto your lap, cuddling into you. You pull the covers up over him and wrap your arms around him, shushing him as he whimpers with every clap of thunder. 

"Shh." You whisper, stroking his long and soft dark hair. 

He is shaking and tears roll down his little chubby cheeks. 

"It's okay baby." You say and kiss his forehead, wiping his tears away.

"What's going on?" Sam says groggily, wiping the sleep from his eyes. 

"Hunter is scared of the storm." You say, hugging him close. 

"Aw buddy it's okay. It will be over soon." He says, scooting closer to you and rubbing his back. 

Sam wraps his long arms around you and Hunter, hugging you tightly. 

"You know your daddy used to be afraid of storms." You say.

"R--Really?" Your son says, picking up his head. 

"Yeah. Before you and before we were married, your daddy and I dated when we were younger and he was scared of storms just like you." You say, and touch his little nose gently.

He giggles lightly and sits up.

"Mommy? How did you and daddy meet?" He asks.

You look at Sam who smiles brightly. 

"Hunter, your mommy was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen." Sam says.

You blush and look at your little boy, who is a carbon copy of Sam. 

"And your daddy was the most handsome boy I had ever seen." You say.

"Where did you guys meet?" Hunter says excitedly. 

"Well me, your daddy, your uncle Dean and uncle Cas were good friends when we were your age. We did everything together. We went to school together, played together, we even went on vacations with each others families." You say.

Wonder fills Hunter's hazel eyes.

"But one day when we were older, mommy went to school far away and we stopped talking." Sam says.

"I was really sad. I missed your daddy, uncle Dean and uncle Cas so much, but I missed your daddy the most." You say.

"Your mommy and I didn't see each other or talk to each other for six years." Sam says. 

"And then mommy came back and you got married!" Hunter says, smiling a huge gap toothed smile.

You and Sam laugh and Sam kisses his head.

"Not yet buddy. Be patient." Sam chuckles. 

"Your daddy dated another lady named Jess while I was gone." You say. 

"But what about you mommy! I thought daddy loved you!" Hunter says, worried.

"And I did. I always loved your mommy but I missed her so much I tried to forget about her because I was sad." Sam says sadly. 

You run a hand through Sam's hair that matches Hunter's. 

"I dated Jess for a long time, but then your mommy came back." Sam says.

"Yay!" Hunter exclaims.

"Shh. You don't want to wake uncle Dean and uncle Cas." You giggle.

"Sorry." He whispers, putting his small hands over his mouth. 

"When I came back from school, I ran into uncle Dean at a party and we decided to hang out. That's when I saw your daddy again." You say, looking at Sam lovingly. 

"Your mommy was so beautiful. I fell in love with her all over again." Sam says.

"And I fell in love with daddy." You say.

"When did you get married!?" Hunter asks.

"Mommy and I dated for five years before we got married. We had a lot of fun and went on a lot of adventures." Sam says. 

"Daddy asked me to marry him on a beach in California." You say.

"Wow that's far away!" Hunter says. 

"It was so perfect." You say.

"And then we got married." Sam says. 

"Yay!" Hunter shouts again.

You and Sam laugh.

"And then came you." You say and tickle his stomach.

Hunter busts out laughing and you and Sam attack him, tickling him and kissing him, making him squeal.

"You were the most perfect baby ever. You looked exactly like your daddy." You say and kiss his cheek. 

"We loved you from the moment we saw you." Sam says. 

By this time, the storm has passed it's quiet outside.  

"Look at that. The storm is gone." You say. 

Hunter yawns and his eyelids begin to droop.

"You tired bud?" Sam chuckles.

He nods and cuddles into the space between you and Sam. You stroke his hair and Sam rubs his back until he is snoring quietly.

"I could be here for the rest of my life." Sam says, looking at Hunter sleeping peacefully. 

"Ditto." You say.

"I love you guys so much." Sam says.

He leans over and kisses you gently.

"My boys." You smile. 

A/N: A short one but it's cute :)