d.w//come home

Dean's P.O.V

My hands shake as I hold a pen above a piece paper, only the small light on the desk illuminating the dark room. It's late at night and I glance at my duffel bag sitting on the floor next to me. I then look at Y/N, who is sleeping peacefully in one of my shirts in our bed. My eyes fill with tears and I put down the pen and wipe away the tears that fall down my cheeks. I have to do this. Y/N can't be in my life anymore. It's too dangerous. But I love her and my heart shatters at the thought of having to leave her alone and knowing what it will do to her. I pick up the pen again and begin to write. I have to stop several times to wipe the tears that escape my eyes and hit the paper. I sign my name at the bottom of the page and turn off the light. I pick up my bag and walk over to our bed. I gently brush the hair out of her face and kiss her forehead. She stirs slightly in her sleep but doesn't wake up. 

"I love you." I whisper.

I turn back when I reach the door to look at her beautiful face one last time. I admire her perfect features and the way her chest rises and falls with her breath. I will miss the way she makes me feel. Her touch lights my skin on fire, her contagious laugh, her bright perfect smile that lights up any room she's in, and the way she moans my name at night. But the only way for her to ever be safe, is for me to leave her in the hands of Sam and Cass. They are more willing to leave hunting behind and can protect her better than I can. I shut the door quietly and grab the keys to Baby. I climb in, looking at the placed I have called home for years, one last time and drive away, not looking back. I can't put her in jeopardy anymore.

Your P.O.V

Light streams in through the window and you open your eyes. You roll over, expecting to find Dean's warm body but you instead find cold sheets. You sit up and look around. He isn't in the room or in the bathroom. Maybe he's making breakfast? You swing your legs over the side of the bed and pad over to the door, opening it to listen for noise downstairs. Nothing. You close the door and turn around looking around the room again. You see a small piece of paper sitting on the desk and you walk over to look at it. The front has your name on it in Dean's hand writing and your stomach drops.

Y/N

You open it quickly and your eyes scan over his words.

Dear Y/N,

If you're reading this, I am long gone. I know that this is sudden and unexpected but I couldn't put you in harms way any longer. I love you so much and I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt because of me. Please don't come looking for me. I want to you live the rest of your life, happy, with someone who can protect you like I couldn't. Find someone. Get married. Have kids. Grow old. Leave me in the past. I will never love someone as much as I love you and I will never stop. Let Sammy and Cass take care of you. They know that I am gone and they are leaving behind hunting for you. Please live a normal life for me. It's all I want. I love you Y/N Y/L/N. Forever and always.

Dean

Tears are blinding you and smudging Dean's words. You can't breathe. This can't be real. You rush to the closet and fling the door open, finding empty hangers where his clothes used to be.

"No." You say.

You run the the dresser and open his drawers which are empty.

"No! No! No!" You shout.

You tangle your hands in your hair and fall to your knees, sobbing. Sam comes rushing into the room and finds you on the floor. 

"Y/N?" Sam says concerned, rushing to your side.

"He's gone!" You cry.

Sam's face softens and pulls you into his chest and you cry. You let yourself cry your heart out, your tears soaking Sam's shirt. Cass comes in after he hears your cries and stands in the doorway.

"She knows." He says.

Suddenly a realization comes to mind.

"You knew." You say quietly and pick your head up from Sam's chest. 

"Huh?" Sam says.

"You knew he was leaving." Anger beginning to boil inside of you.

"Y/N--" Sam begins to say but you stand up and back away from him. 

"You knew he was leaving me and you didn't warn me! You said nothing and just let him go! How could you!" You scream at the both of them. 

"There was nothing we could do. I promise that we tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn't listen. He already had his mind made up." Sam says, a saddened look on his face.

"You should have said something to me! I could have talked him out of it! You know how much I love him!" You scream again. 

"We are sorry Y/N." Cass says.

"Sorry? Oh you're sorry! Sorry isn't going to cut it Castiel! You let the love of my life walk out that door without a single word to me and you think that sorry will just magically fix it!?" You scream at the top of your lungs. 

"Y/N calm down." Sam says, trying to touch your arm but you jerk it away from him.

"Don't fucking touch me." You seethe. 

Sam looks startled.

"I'm going to find him." You say, finding a bag and begin to shove your clothes into it. 

"Y/N he specifically asked you not to." Sam says.

"I don't give a shit what he asked! He is everything to me and I am not just going to let him walk out of my life that easily!" You shout.

"Stop." Cass says and stands in front of you.

"Castiel I swear if you don't get the hell out of my way I am going to lose my shit." You say, staring intensely into his blue eyes.

"Cass, move." Sam says quietly. 

"What?" He says, looking at Sam in confusion.

"She's right. She needs to try." He says.

"Thank you Sam." You say and zip up your bag. 

You get the rest of your stuff together.

"Y/N, he told me that he is going to Sioux Falls to see Bobby first. If you go now you can probably meet him there." Sam says.

You hug Sam tightly.

"As pissed as I am at you for not telling me, I appreciate your help." You say. 

"Find my brother." He says.

You nod and he kisses your cheek. You look over at Cass who is brooding in the corner. 

"Cass please don't be like this." You say.

"He does not want to be found. He made it adamantly clear that he does not want you to come for him." Cass says strongly.

"Cass you don't understand. I need him. He's my other half. I have to try." You say.

He stares at you intensely with his ice blue eyes and eventually sighs heavily.

"Be careful." Cass says and places a hand on your shoulder.

"Thank you Cass." You say hug him. 

You kiss him on the cheek and hug them each goodbye. You borrow Sam's car and pull away from the bunker.

"I'm going to find you Dean." You say and speed off down the road.

A/N: Part 2 is in the works ;)