Chapter 2

Katie's POV

I walked back onto set with my blouse, pencil skirt, blazer, high heels, and hair in a neat bun, ready for the day.

I talked to Chyler about my feelings and she was surprisingly very supportive...

****

"I have to tell you something Chyler" I mumbled. She looked at me and set her drink down.

"Sure. What's up Katie?"

I fidgeted with my fingers and nervously chuckled.

"I-I think..... I-I think I may have a crush on Supergirl" I said somewhat fast. She paused for a second before smiling.

"Katie, I'm pretty sure everyone likes Supergirl" she laughs. I shake my head exasperated.

"No, I mean I like the real Supergirl. I-..." I paused and looked at her confused face. "I'm falling for Melissa, Chyler."

Her face went from confused to shocked to ecstatic in a matter of seconds.

"That's adorable! You know, I secretly shipped Supercorp anyway" she winked. What the fuck was Supercorp? She must have seen I was confused because she explained it for me. My eyes widened at what it meant and I shook my head, stunned.

"I didnt know that was a thing! Oh god, Chyler, what am I going to do? Melissa is dating Chris!" I groaned. Chyler laughed and shook her head at me.

"Yeah, that part sucks, but you'll get through it Katie. You are just as strong as Supergirl, and this is reality!" she smiles softly. I smile back, truly believing her words for the first time.

****

I held my head high and strutted to my place. I had a new found confidence and my crush wasnt going to stop me.

"Hey, Katie!" Shit....

Melissa was waving me down and I smiled. As much as she made me nervous, I couldnt stay away.

"Hello, Melissa. What can I help you with?" I asked.

"I swear it's like you can read my mind! Chris is gone for today and I wanted to know if you could help me rehearse my lines really quick?" She bit her lip and my legs began to shake.

"Um, sure. I dont mind" I shrugged.

We made our way over to a quiet spot since we were outdoors this time, and I sat down on a prop piece that was supposed to be a broken piece of concrete.

"So I'm supposed to do a scene with Mon-El as like this kind of dream. I really dont have to talk, but I wanted to practice facial expressions and stuff. I want it to be believable. I mean I know Chris and I are actually dating and it shouldn't be so hard, but I'm supposed to be sad too" she rambled. I smiled at how similar Supergirl and Melissa really were, and frowned at the mention of Chris.

"Well, I'll let you know if I find it believable. Go ahead" I urge on.

Melissa walks by and sticks her hand out like shes running her fingers through something. She turns around and smiles with tears in her eyes. I stand to get a better look at her face. Her arms hug around her lithe waist and she looks at me. Theres this look that I cant describe. Like shes looking into my soul, searching for something. Her blue eyes sparkle and I see a single tear run down her face. A look of pure sorrow fills her features and I resist the urge to go and comfort her. I couldnt breathe, I was afraid. That if I breathe, I would breathe her in and I would never be able to go back. Melissa shakes her head a little and wipes her tears. She smiles brightly at me and walks over.

"How was that?" She says excitedly. My hand moved before I could stop it and it lightly wiped away another stray tear.

"It was perfect" I said huskily. We stared for a second before Melissa spoke up.

"Is this a Supercorp moment?" She asks quietly. I freeze and the wind is sucked out of me.

"Wh-what? No, you were just practicing your line. Speaking of which, we should be going" I rush. I turned away, knowing for sure that my cheeks were bright red. She knows what Supercorp is?

Melissa's POV

My body felt all tingly. I frowned as I watched Katie walk back towards everyone. It seemed that she knew what Supercorp was, and she got a bit flustered. Maybe we should hang out soon? I began planning a day in mind and hoped that she would agree to do it.

As we got ready for the scene I adjusted my glasses and went over to Katie who was talking to Mehcad. Katie was being her usual self again. I looked out onto the scene and turned when I heard her laugh. I looked up at her face to see a bright smile as she told Mehcad things about the episode. I smiled up at her and watched the twinkle in her emerald eyes get brighter. I looked down and adjusted my glasses and looked ahead of us. I saw one of the camera crew and blushed wondering if they were filming our behind the scenes moments. I quickly turned away and wished that I had Chris there with me.

Once we were done I sped walked toward Katie to ask her to hang out.

"Hey Luthor! Do you want to go out tonight?" I smile. Katie stopped in her tracks and turned around slowly. "We could watch movies, go for drinks, or something else?"

"Uh, sure. I'm ok with watching some movies" she smiled. I giggled in excitement and linked arms with her.

"I'm so excited! What kind of movies do you like?" I looked to her with interest and she seemed to be deep in thought.

"I like anything with action, but I'm also a sucker for romantic comedies" she said sheepishly.

I enjoyed my time with Katie. I got a text from Chris in the middle of us watching 'The Hundred Foot Journey', and I picked up my phone.

Chris ❤: Hey babe. Did you want to go out tonight?

I checked the clock to see that it was 11 O'clock at night.

Me 😜: I'm actually with Katie right now. Maybe tomorrow sometime?

Chris ❤: Sure. That's fine.

I put down my phone and looked over at Katie, who was watching the movie intently while she ate her popcorn. I chuckled and laid my head in her lap.

"Try not to get popcorn in my hair" I laughed. I felt Katie giggle and then her soft fingers began to run through my hair. I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling and knew I would fall asleep at the hands of Lena Luthor.