Chapter 11

Katie's POV

When I woke up Melissa was still asleep on me and it was dark out. I could hear the little drops of rain still outside and I gently sat up.

"Mel" I whispered. I lightly caressed her cheek and she slightly stirred.

"No, five more minutes Katie" she mumbled sleepily.

I wasnt sure if she was coherent enough to know it was me or if she was really dreaming of me. My cheeks heated up and I shook her a bit.

"Mel let's go to bed" I cooed.

Her blue eyes began to open and she smiled a little.

"Five more minutes?" She is so cute.

"Get up now and it'll be more than five minutes" I smile.

She stretches a little before standing up and then pausing. I look at her a little confused at the way shes looking at me and before I know it I'm in her arms being carried to my room.

"Mel!" I attempt to free myself.

"I'm just taking you to bed" she says nonchalantly.

She sets me gently on the bed and I take off my cardigan. I know she likes my shirts to sleep in so I grab one for her. It's not the first time we've changed together but theres a certain shyness between us now. I put on some shorts and a tank top and get into bed. She stands at the other side of the bed looking conflicted.

"You can come to bed Mel" I say. She slowly gets under the blankets but stays at a distance. I wiggle my way over and pull her to me. Supergirl isnt the only strong one here. I hear her suck in a breath and I press our foreheads together. My hand makes it's way underneath the shirt i gave her and I start to draw small circles on her back. I feel her shiver under my touch and I know that shes starting to relax.

"I'm sorry" she whispers. I feel her breath on my face, and my heart is hammering in my chest at our close proximity. I start to drag my nails along her side and back up her back. I feel her twitch and I move up to her shoulder. I move closer so that we're pressed together. I continue to give her the special rubs and she puts an arm around me. Her leg probs itself between my legs, entangling them and settling.

"I'm sorry too" I whisper.

Melissa's POV

Waking up with Katie again felt out of this world. This must be what Supergirl would really feel like if she could fly. There was still rain outside, but the light coming through made Katie's pale skin glow. She looks beautiful. I was frustrated still unable to decide what feelings I had for her, but I figured when the time came I would know. There would be no doubts.

Katie stirred and I tightened my hold. I didnt want to get out of bed just yet.

"Are you always this possessive?" she grumbled.

Katie began to disentangle from me and I whined a little. Shut up, I was comfortable and Katie freaking McGrath was in my arms ok? Fuck off.

"I wouldn't say possessive more like scared your going to be able to punch me" I say shyly. She looks at me through narrowed eyes and the green stared deep into my soul.

"Why would I punch you?"

I got out of bed as she did and fidgeted with my hands.

"I still cant decide what my feelings are and I feel like I'm almost leading you on, but that's not my intention Katie. Its just..... new" I  breathe. Yay! You remembered to breathe!