Chapter 32

Katie's POV

I gently rubbed my hand over the little bump that had begun to grow. I smiled as I watched Melissa and Bethany 'sparring' with Chyler. Melissa had her Supergirl outfit on and Bethany jumped onto Chylers back. I shook my head at their nonsense and looked over my lines. The light overhead dimmed and I noticed Melissa was now standing in front of me.

"How are you love?" she smiled, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"We're fine darling. I'm just looking over our next scene" I respond.

Bethany had so far done well after her breakup with jerky Anna. We had seen more of the other Anna thankfully and she enjoyed helping us pick baby things out. Bethany walked over to us breathing heavily and Chyler smiles. 

"Hows it going with you Katie?" Chyler smiles. 

"I'm doing well. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of having a small human growing inside of me but I'm more excited than anything" I chuckle. Melissa wrapped her arms around me from behind and gently laid her hands on my belly. 

"Thats good. Have you guys gone through the baby shopping yet?"

"Not yet. We have the basics, and we just need to go clothes shopping" Melissa responds grinning. "Im assuming the soon-to-be-aunts will want to come with? Katie and my family have already got us plenty of things, but we want to get somethings that we like."

"Um, yes!" Chyler laughs. We start discussing plans to meet up and go shopping when Bethanys phone rings. 

"Hello? Hey! Yeah I'm down to hang out. I'll see you in a bit. Bye Bug!" she says cheerfully. 

"Who was that?" Annette quirks an eyebrow as she walks up to us.

"Anna. Do you mind if I go meet up with her?" Bethany looks at us sheepishly. 

"Go ahead honey, but please let us know if you are going somewhere far" I say. 

"I will! Thanks moms!" she beams before taking off. 

I watched as she ran away with a smile. I turned to see Chyler putting Melissa in a head lock.

"Just because I'm pregnant doesnt mean that I still wont beat your ass!" she chuckles. 

"Thats no fair! I cant fight back! Why are you even fighting while pregnant anyway!?" Melissa grunts back. 

Floriana snorts and I laugh along. Our time for the next scene is up and Melissa and I take our positions. I sit down on the couch to our 'house' and take a sip from my glass of water. Supergirl walks in through the patio doors and drops down to a knee. 

"Honey, are you ok?" I rush to her side. 

"F-fine. Just tired and need to lay down" she gives me a painful smile. I look at her worriedly and move her to the couch I was on. 

"You shouldn't over do it like this Kara" I say softly. She lays down on the couch and I lay beside her. 

"Don't worry I'll be here for you and the bun" she smiles with her eyes closed. I trace imaginary shapes on her torso and kiss her neck. 

"That doesn't matter. I want you here and healthy" I say firmly. 

"Are you going CEO on me Ms. Luthor?" Supergirl giggles. 

"Thats Mrs. Danvers-Luthor to you, and yes. You only listen when I do" I smile back. She kisses my forehead and shifts so shes facing me. I look up into her blue eyes and little known to our audience my heart has stopped. 

"Alright Mrs. Danvers-Luthor. I promise not to do anything too crazy unless completely necessary" she says quietly. 

I nuzzled back into her neck and close my eyes while the Girl of Steel keeps her arms around me. I hear 'cut' yelled in the background and open my eyes again. When I do I see those eyes still looking at me. 

"What?" I laugh. I make to get up off the couch but her arm has secured me to her side. 

"You are just as beautiful now as you were then" she whispers. I blink my eyes and smile. I knew exactly what she was referring to and kissed her lips while the memory played in my mind. 

****

I sat down in a chair that the studio crew had left for me and read through my lines. Being the new person on cast I wanted to make a good impression. I had had experience in the past such as Merlin, but I felt that Supergirl was different. More demanding and well-known. 

As I continued to read I heard my name being called. Showtime. I walked over to the voice and realized it was Alex's voice. Actually I think her name was Chlyer, but I still had yet to learn everyones real names. She smiled at me and I gave her a small smile back. 

"Ready for your first scene on Supergirl?" she asked. 

"I suppose so. Any pointers beforehand?" I joke. 

"You'll do great Katie. Just relax and pretend it's the more modern version of Merlin" Alex laughs. I roll my eyes and make my way over to the set.

I stand behind the door that leads into Lena's office and wait for Kara and Clark. I feel a presence behind me and I nearly vibrate from nervousness. I adjusted my blazer and started to go through the scene when they called. As we had gone through our lines I noticed that Ka-Melissa's hands were shaking. I smirked thinking that the great Melissa Benoist was nervous. I wondered why since she had been doing this show since episode one. Once they were gone and I had called my 'mother' I saw them standing aside. 

My heels clicked against the floor and Melissa's attention snapped in my direction. I gave her a friendly smile and she approached me. 

"You did so well in your first scene!" she gushed. For a split second I saw her blue eyes do a once over and I bit my lip. What? I blinked and saw her adjust her glasses. 

"Thank you. I was nervous that I might let my accent out" I laughed. I smoothed out my skirt and noticed that my red v-neck shirt had slid down, showing more cleavage than I wanted. I quickly adjusted it and looked back to Melissa. 

"I like your accent, its beautiful. I mean you're beautiful. I mean the Lena outfit suits you. You are wearing  a suit, but it looks good on you" she slightly rambled. 

I laughed at her antics and shook my head. 

"You look very nice in your business attire as well" I smile. 

For a moment my mind went blank as she looked in my eyes. Hers were friendly and inviting, but for whatever reason my stomach did a flip. From that moment on I had memorized Melissa's name, face, and quirks. Maybe Supergirl wont be so bad. I made to walk away but her voice stopped me.

"Um, since Lena and Kara are going to go on coffee dates, does Katie want to get coffee with Melissa?"

****

I came back to the present and smiled at my wife. She let me off the couch and she kissed my belly before following. 

"That must have been the first time you asked me out isnt it?" I smiled.

"I recall asking you to coffee" Melissa teases. 

"You specifically used the word 'date' in your invite and your eyes raped me a few seconds before."

"I did not! I genuinely liked your outfit that day" she pouted. 

As we were walking toward the tables for break we heard someone yelling our names. It was Jeremy and he looked nervous. 

"Katie! Melissa!" he called. As he finally came up he caught his breath before speaking. 

"I hate to be the one who brings bad news but theres someone here that wants to see you" he says. 

"Who's here?" Melissa asks. She puts a protective arm around me and I kiss her jawline to calm her. 

"Chris Wood is here."

END .