Chapter 13

Katie's POV

A few more months have passed since Melissa and I made up. I noticed that she had started to act a little different though. She seemed more nervous when we were alone together. I slept over her house less now, and I wondered what might have happened to make her this way.

I had started to spend more time with Odette now. She was funny and would invite me to have a movie night or go shopping. I got ready for our scene for Supergirl and she lay down on the medical bed in light blue scrubs.

"Comfortable?" I grin.

"This bed is actually really soft. Come try it" she held her hand out to me and I laid down next to her. It wasnt the same as Melissa, but it was still comfortable with Odette.

"It is comfortable. Nice pajamas by the way" I teased. She crossed her legs and held my hand.

"Excuse me, but I'm not the one wearing business attire" she said gesturing to my pencil skirt and blouse.

"Its stylish" I fake pout. We laugh for a bit and I get out of the bed.

"Show time."

****

I was getting my stuff together to go home when Odette appeared.

"Hey Katie?" she said nervously.

"Hi, what's wrong?" I say concerned.

"Oh, every things fine. I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to the gala with me?" She said hopefully.

The gala was a party of sorts that television stars would go to. I wasnt planning on going since it wasnt really my setting, but Odette seemed really nervous in asking me.

"I'd love to" I smile. Odette let's out a breath of relief and we discuss how we will meet up and get there together. When we were done planning I said my good byes and locked eyes with Supergirl.

She looked almost hurt. Like something she cared for was broken, and as soon as I saw it, it was gone and she turned away. I wanted to go after her and ask her what was wrong, but my car had been pulled up. I decided to just return home and deal with it tomorrow.

Even after I had gotten home, the haunted look on Melissa's face plagued me. I was confused and I wasnt sure what to do in this situation. Our relationship was already fragile enough, I didnt need to ruin it anymore. Instead I distracted myself with thinking about the gala. It would be interesting to actually go to one since I've never been, and Odette would be there to keep me company. I wasnt sure if Melissa was going so I tried not to get my hopes up.

I got ready and wore a form fitted black dress that went a little off the shoulder. I decided to curl my hair and let it flow instead of putting it up. I met with Odette outside of my house and she seemed to blank out.

"Odette, are you ok?" I asked getting in the limo.

"Oh, sure. I'm fine. You look beautiful tonight Katie" she smiled.

It was nice being called beautiful. I've gotten compliments from fans and other friends, but it just wasnt the same as being called beautiful by someone you love. I know Odette isnt exactly that person, but it was nice nonetheless.

When we arrived there were other actors and actresses, cameras, and a large crowd of fans of all the shows and movies that would be attending. I stepped out of the limo with Odette and walked over to the crowd of fans. None of the other actors had gone that I could see. I said hello to a few and then spotted a small child. She had a small sign with my characters name on it with a little heart. The grin on her precious was so big I felt it would burst. I looked to the parent questioningly and picked her up after getting permission.

"Hi Lena" the girl smiled. She handed me a rose and I smiled back at her.

"You call me Katie darling. Thank you very much for the rose" I kissed her cheek and set her back down. I waved farewell and rejoined Odette who was also taking pictures with fans. Behind me I could hear her yelling at her parent.

"Mom! I got to meet Lena!"

I smiled.

"I saw you had an admirer" Odette laughed, looking at my rose.

"She was the sweetest thing!" I gushed.

"Have you ever thought about having kids of your own?"

Melissa's POV

Going to the gala without a date felt weird enough until I saw Katie get out of a limo with Odette. My mouth felt dry when I saw Katie's curves in her black dress and her curled. I watched as she went to the crowd of fans and interacted with a little girl. She was given a rose and my heart constricted at the thought of Katie being a mother. Good god..... I am in love with Lena Luthor. I noticed that Katie was gone and she was walking away with Odette when she turned around and I nearly fell over. No. I am in love with Katie McGrath.

****

My final confession to myself made me jittery for the rest of the night. I had found the table with some of the Supergirl cast and joined them. Katie and Odette had gone to sit with Mehcad and Jordan at another table.

Odette would steal glances at Katie just as I was and I knew that there was something more than friendship in her eyes. I forced myself to look away. I couldnt bear it. God, why is this so much harder than Chris? I talked and interacted like nothing was the matter, but really I just wanted to leave.

The night went on and as the end neared I couldnt take it. I couldnt look at Katie and Odette. Was this how she felt when I was with Chris? I shuttered and felt bad that I had put her through that. I got up to leave and turned to steal one last glance at her before going home. What I saw paralyzed me. Odette was giving her a soft kiss. I felt everything within me shatter and I left hastily.

I would wish upon another soul for that to happen to them. It was by far the worst pain I had ever experienced. Once I got home, I practically tore off my dress and buried myself beneath the blankets. I would probably get a bunch of calls from everyone tonight or tomorrow. I didnt care. I wanted to be left alone for a while.