Chapter 18

Katie's POV

What did I get myself into? Why did I agree to room with Melissa? Was this supposed to be good? It helps me get closer to her, right? BUT FOR ONE WHOLE FUCKING YEAR!?

Apparently the 'long time' that we would be in Vancouver would be about a year, but could take a little longer. I nearly hyperventilated when they had given us an estimated amount of time. I had tried to keep my calm demeanor so as not to give myself away. Both Melissa and I had practically confessed to one another, but it still seemed that we were hesitant to act on it.

I was unpacking everything into my dresser when Melissa came in with her last box. The muscles in her arms were defined as she carried the box effortlessly to the other bed in the room and set it down. Oh, how I wished that the Lena Luthor within would come out to keep myself professional. My alter ego often didnt come out unless we were filming now. Melissa had brought out the real side of me and Lena was now on the side lines.

I tried not to keep glancing at her, but it was too late.

"I saw that Katie. I really dont mind, but do you need some help unpacking?" she smirked.

"No, I'm almost done. Do you need any help?" I countered.

"Sure, here"

I looked up to have a sweatshirt thrown at my face.

"Melissa!" I snarled. She squeaked and tried to run out of the room. I jumped onto her back and wrapped my legs around her waist. She proceeded to walk out of the room and down the stairs.

"Great, what did my sister do now?" Chyler groans.

"She threw a sweater at my head" I grumbled.

Melissa put her hands underneath my thighs to keep me up and my body lit up.

"I was only joking. Did they say when we would start filming?" Melissa asked.

They continued their conversation and I rested my chin on Melissa's shoulder. It was childish of me to be in this position, but I found it intimate. I liked the feel of Melissa against me. I closed my eyes and relished in the feeling when her hands began to move. They slid from my thighs, interlocking beneath my butt and I shivered. I went to get off of her back, but she only shifted and moved me higher. I could have sworn that she had lightly caressed my ass, but it was so soft that it was almost like I had imagined it.

What am I thinking? I need to get away from this woman for a minute. The heat is just too much.

I turned my head slightly so that my lips were nearly touching her ear.

"Let me down" I whispered. Her hand twitched and slightly squeezed before releasing me to the ground.

"I'm going to go find Floriana. She was supposed to help me decorate the room, but she's disappeared" Chyler muttered. When she was gone I went to go outside. The boys house was a five minute walk from ours and they had started to come to see ours.

"Hey Katie! You guys settling in ok?" Mehcad called.

"Just putting the finishing touches. How about you?" I smiled. I sat on the little chair on the porch and Mehcad sat beside me on the other.

"Men will be men. We were done hours ago, but ours isnt as neat as yours" he chuckles. I laughed and shook my head.

"Maybe you'll just need a womans touch every now and then" I suggest. Mehcad smiles and I realized that it may have sounded like flirting, but he knew that I liked Melissa.

"Maybe we'll get Chris's wife to do it" he snorts. I laugh and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I have no idea what the next year will hold. I really hope that Chris got the message and wont try to ruin anything again" I sigh. Mehcad places his hand over mine in a friendly manner.

"Me too."

Melissa's POV

I was watching Katie and Mehcads exchange and I felt jealousy start to surface. I walked away from them and found Jordan at our dining room table on his laptop.

"You look very much like Winn right now Jordan" I chuckle.

"That's because I am. I'm looking for anything hang out places around here for when we're off of work" he said, not looking away from he screen. I walk over behind him to look over his shoulder. "So far I've found a couple of bars, restaurants, mini golf, and karaoke."

"We should totally do karaoke!" I gasp. Jordan looks back at me with a look of are-you-kidding? "I think it would be fun."

"We're not letting you pick our friends nights" he states. I pout and cross my arms.

"I'm up for going to one of the bars tonight" Chyler says walking in. Floriana follows behind her and sits down at the table.

"Hey Chyler, I just realized. Why didnt your husband come?" Jordan asks. Chyler seems to get flustered and also sits down.

"We're actually getting a divorce. He and I want to be with other people" she sighs.

I walk over and give her a hug from behind and rub her arms lovingly.

"I'm sorry Chy" I murmur.

"Aww how cute. You guys really do act like sisters" Floriana smiles. Chyler flips her off and we all laugh to disperse the awkward feeling that had settled over us.

Once we had all settled we decided to go to the bar for our housewarming dinner.

"This is nice. That we all hang out away from Supergirl. Just makes acting easier" Floriana smiles softly.

"Especially now that we share a room for the next year" Chyler giggles.

My mind was screaming Sanvers, but I kept my mouth shut with a smile. Chyler and Floriana had sat next to each other, while Katie and I sat across from them. Jordan and David sat across from each other, beside Chyler and I. Chris decided not to come, and I let out a sigh of relief. Odette was at the end of the table on the girl side.

I knew that I wanted to move on with Katie, but if things didnt work out, this year will be very difficult. It was too risky. I decided to test the waters and lay a hand on her leg under the table while I ate with my other. She stiffened under my touch, but relaxed soon after and chatted away with Chyler and Floriana. It went by just fine. Without Chris there, everyone was carefree and laughed about. I was enjoying myself. At one point we were all done eating and were just talking about the many options that the producers would do for the new script of Supergirl. I put my arm around the back of Katie's seat and my thumb lightly brushed her shoulder. It seemed like she was almost leaning into me and I noticed the Floriana had done the same to Chyler. One comment caught my attention.

"I wonder what they'll do with Supergirl and Mon-el. Will they keep them together or break it off?" Odette said thoughtfully. 

"Oh yeah. I don't know what the hell they're going to do. They should have just left him out when he was sent away the first time" Floriana grumbled. Chyler smiled at her and rubbed her leg. 

"Easy tiger. We all don't like him either, but what will we do if they keep him?" she looks around the table. We're all silent for a minute and for the first time since we started Supergirl, I was dreading going to work.