Chapter 15

Katie's POV

My head hurts with all of the mixed signals that Melissa has been giving me. She would be flirty and friendly then keep her distance from me. I didnt know whether to call her out, flirt back with her, or to ignore it. Chris was all but happy about it. He did marry Patrica after all and I wondered how the girl married that man. She deserved better despite being a total asshole to us.

Today Melissa had to do a scene with Chris and act in love. I really didnt want to watch so I instead got ready for my part early. I was in classic Lena attire when Kara walked over.

"You look beautiful Katie. Good luck with your scene" she smiled. I turned to mush and thanked her.

The scene was all of us together at the DEO with the exception of maybe a few people. Chris, David, Jordan, Chyler, and Melissa went to their places and I followed. As the shoot went on Chris continued to send daggers at me. For whatever reason Meilssa started to inch her way closer to me than she was supposed to. At one point Chris was supposed to address me and his tone of voice was thick with venom.

I tried to remain calm and the directors were about to cut the scene when Melissa stepped in front of me.

"Mon-el you need to focus on this mission. Lena didnt send you to space, I did. Enough with the childish games and get back to work" she growled.

"How could you still trust her? She made you send me away and caused all of this!" He questions.

"She saved this planet and everything that I love on it. I cant help but be grateful and love her back too" she shrugs.

I remain silent and look between the two. I was surprised that they let us keep going after going off script. Chris threw his hands up in frustration and glared at me.

"What kind of kryptonite have you used on her Luthor?" He spits.

"I may have the Luthor name, but I would never do that to her! Supergirl is my friend" I tried to defend myself.

To the audience if this scene ever airs, this is going with events from the show. However, to us this is very much a discussion about reality.

"I had my doubts about Lena too Mon-el, but after she helped us I trust her. Shes proven herself to me" Chyler speaks up. I smile at her and mouth a thank you.

"How can you not see it!" Chris exclaims.

"You need to leave" Melissa says sternly. She crosses her arms in front of her chest and plants herself in front of me. I see her tense even more and I put a hand on her arm. She looks ridiculously sexy right now, but I know I need to stop this before it gets any worse. She visibly relaxes at my touch.

"Kara, please look at me" I say in her ear. She flicked her gaze to me and she softens. I hear gasps behind me. Shit... I'm not supposed to know shes Kara. I brush the thought away and tug on Supergirls arm. "Please dont do this."

Melissa seems to understand and turns away from Chris. Her hands are in fists and she walks away.

"Cut! That was great! We'll go with your improv and make a new script for the next episode. Good work everyone" the director gave a thumbs up.

For once I wasnt acting on camera. My emotions were raw and those lines weren't improv. I hesitantly looked at Chris to which he clenched his jaw and walked away. I turned away to look for Kara-I mean Melissa. Fuck it. I couldnt find her at first and then I saw a red cape on the floor on the way outside. I picked it up and looked around, searching for its owner. There was no sign of her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinched.

"Let her cool off. I know she loves you, but even she cant trust herself right now" Chyler said softly.

"She doesnt love me Chyler. She just feels guilty for the act we played at the wedding. We were just acting, we still are" I shake my head sadly.

I walk away before she could say anymore.

****

I was going to go to the gym when I noticed a certain blonde was already in there. Her and Chyler were at the punching bags and I watched for a while.

"She thinks that you're acting Melissa" Chyler says. She punches the bag.

"Why would she think I'm acting?" Melissa breaths and punches her own bag, hard.

"She thinks you're still playing along after the wedding. You seriously need to step up your game sis" Chyler says.

"Well, for fucks sake. Chris is married now! Why he got married I dont know, but I dont care because I dont love him. This is all his fault! His incessant whining and trying to act like we still have a chance is total bullshit!" She yells pacing. "How am I supposed to prove that I'm not acting? Each time I want to get close she acts like it's not what she wants, so I back off. I cant lose her Chy. I love her."

Melissa groans in frustration and punches the bag, sending it swaying madly around.

"Are you done with your temper tantrum?" Chyler asks, as if bored.

"I'm not having a tantrum!"

"Totally having a tantrum. Would you both just confess already? It's getting tiring watching and feeling the sexual tension myself" Chyler says annoyed.

I couldnt take the fluttering in my stomach anymore and left. Shes not acting? I thought made me feel warm and I decided to invite Melissa over for the night. I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text.

Me: Movie night tonight? Wanted to thank you for helping with Chris.

Melissa: Be there in 30.

Her immediate response made me smile and I heard her cheer behind me. Maybe this could work.