Chapter 14

Katie's POV

I jerked back from Odettes kiss and covered my mouth. I was shocked. We were talking about Supergirl and what we liked and disliked about where it was going when she suddenly leaned forward and gave me a soft kiss.

"Katie, I'm sorry. I didnt mean-..." I cut her off with the lift of my hand and I got up from my seat.

"I think I should go" I say quickly.

Without waiting for her to respond, I practically run out of the gala and call for a ride home. I was furious. What I was mad for I didnt know, but Odettes kiss just felt..... wrong.

I wiggled out of my dress and got into the bathtub. I felt dirty. I sat there with my knees tucked up and I thought about what might happen now on set. It's not that I didnt like Odette, I just didnt like her in that way. Oh, Odette. Why did you have to kiss me?

Silent tears started to stream down my face and I couldnt stop them. I let them slide down as I soaked in the tub for a while longer. I wasnt sure of the things to come and I only hoped that it wouldn't change anything. Having to work with someone like that will be hard. Acting or not.

After concluding that I soaked long enough I got into bed. I had already stared playing different scenarios that might happen at work that I couldnt sleep. The images haunted me and the icky feeling of the kiss lingered.

****

When I did show up for Supergirl I couldnt look at Odette. If I did catch her eye I would blush and hurry away. She would try to talk to me, but I would only interact if we were doing a scene. It was awkward to say the least.

"Katie! Please can we just talk?" I heard her call. I sighed and decided to face the music.

"Odette, I dont know. This is strange for me" I murmured.

"I know that we cant be friends, but can we at least start over?" Odette begged.

I looked down and I knew that my soft side would get the best of me.

"As long as there is no more kissing, we can continue a professional relationship" I concede.

"Thank you!" She tells. She pulls me into a hug and I can't help but smile. The hope and genuine excitement showed how much this meant to her.

Melissa's POV

I saw Katie hugging Odette with a smile on her face and I could have sworn that my eyes really did start to glow with heat. Supergirls new mission was to win over Lena.

Luckily we had a scene together and I would let my feelings flow freely. I wont hold anything back besides actually kissing or hugging. I walked over to her 'office' and waited outside the door for my que.

I felt jittery with excitement like a little kid.  I heard my que and stepped into the scene. Katie sat at her desk going through paperwork and my heart was hammering in my chest. It was when she turned to me and smiled that it stopped.

"Kara, right on time for our afternoon lunch" she smiled.

"As usual" I say cheerily. She makes her way over to the white couch and sits down. I sit beside her and pull out the bag of Chinese food. I adjust my glasses and steal a glance at Katie. I knew that Kara wasnt supposed to, but I just couldnt help it. I tried to convince myself to focus.

"I do have a meeting later, but I was hoping that tonight we might get together?" She says. I turn to her with a smile and stuff a potsticker in my mouth. I nod my head and swallow. She giggles and smiles at me, I bite my lip. I see a little spark in Lena's eyes and she looks at my lips. I turn away to hopefully get us both back into the program. This is so much harder than I thought.

Once our scene was done I went to the snack table and noticed that Katie had followed me.

"Didnt you just have potstickers?" She says almost playfully.

"I may not actually be a Kryptonian, but I work out enough to burn enough calories that I'm hungry all the time" I smile. I grab a donut and take a bite. Katie looks like shes about to say something when Odette shows up.

"Hey, Katie! It's time for us to do our scene" she says pulling Katie's arm.

I take a smaller bite from my donut and glance down at my feet.

"I'll see you later" I mumble. I walk to David and Chyler to mingle a bit.

"Looks like you left someone in the rain" Chyler grumbles. She took a sip of her coffee and she looked over my shoulder.

"What do you mean?"

"Melissa do you ever understand anything I'm saying? You left Katie with a lost puppy dog look. She wanted to talk to you. Why did you leave?" She sighed.

"Odette said that they were doing a scene with Sam and Lena. I figured I wouldn't keep her behind" I shrug. Chyler smacks a hand to her forehead in frustration and shakes her head at me.

"You're really never going to win her back if you keep this up. Shes going to think that you're not interested" Chyler points out. I feel myself blush and I finish my donut.

"Who said I was interested?"

David and Chyler both raise an eyebrow at me and I groan in defeat.

****

Chyler had come over and I had my face buried in one of my couch pillows.

"So, when did you realize this?" she said incredulously.

"At the gala. I don't know what it was, she just turned around and it felt like a slam to my chest" I respond softly. I groaned and pressed my face back into the fabric. "Chyler, what am I going to do? She has a thing with Odette now."

"Well, have you tried telling her?" I shook my head, not looking at her.

"You have to tell her! I really doubt that anything is happening with Odette, and if you tell her how you feel she might tell you the same thing. You've got to grow some steel back into you girl" she scolds.

"You sound like Alex" I give a small smile.

"You may not be my real sister, but like I said before I see you like one" she shrugs.

"Thanks Chy, for dealing with all of this"

I give her a hug and she claps her hands together.

"Ok, how are we going to get Katie to notice you?"

"I dont know. Things have been weird between us. First we weren't speaking, then we were, but we weren't really speaking. Its complicated" I sigh.

"So what I'm hearing is, that you let her go after she confessed to you?" Chyler took a sip of wine.

"How did you know that?" I say shocked.

"Katie's like a sister to me too. She tells me a lot of things. Except she didn't really tell me much about when you two were 'together' at the wedding." She used her fingers to make quotations when she said together and I understood what she meant.

"It was after that, that she got a little weird. She wasnt just going with the flow, it was like her professional acting persona came on" I said confused.

I kept thinking about all of the possibilities, but all I came up with were the things that had happened with Chris. What happened to her?