Chapter 31

Melissa's POV

My cape flowed behind me as I strutted to confront Lillian Luthor. A wicked smile was plastered to her face. My fists clenched at my sides as I glared at her. Lena sat behind her with a worried look on her face.

"Well, if it isn't the infamous Sugergirl. I was just having a little family reunion, and what I'm discovering is that you should been invited too. Tell me, how did you trick my daughter into marrying you?" Lillian sneered.

"There was no trickery. I love Lena and I know she loves me" I held up my chin.

"How moving. I wouldn't take a step further. Any closer and your wife will receive a lethal injection. We wouldnt want that would we?" Lillian purred.

"What do you want with her this time?" I growled.

"Well, I did want to run some tests with some new equipment we received, but it seems that might not be an intelligent decision" she says. She puts her hand to her chin in a thoughtful position and smiles at me.

I act confused and narrow my eyes at her. Lena has tears on her face now and shakes her head.

"My, my. Lena, you havent told your wife the good news? Such a shame she wont be here to enjoy it" Lillian tutted.

"No! Please, she didnt know. Please, just let her have this" Lena cried.

I pretend to look even more confused and look at the woman I love.

"I'm pregnant."

The simple phrase brings me to my knees and I beg Lillian to let her go.

"You kryptonians have strange anatomy, but my grandchild will be a full Luthor despite their DNA" Lillian grinned.

I place my fists on the marks on the ground for me and stare her down.

"Guess you havent done all of your research then" I mutter.

In a flash Lillian was 'sent flying' and I was untying Lena. I held her close and a bell rung signaling the scene to be over.

"For a second I thought you were really angry" Katie laughed.

"No one touches you but me" I smile.

"That was so good! I loved it! I cant wait til little Alex gets here" Chyler smiled.

"Little Alex?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"You are naming them after me right?"

"Why cant you just let them be? You have your own child that you can name Alex" Floriana said wrapping her arms around Chyler. The later pouted, making us all laugh.

"Must be baby season" Katie muttered. I kissed her temple and she tightened her hold on me.

"I think its funny how Alex and Maggie are apart on the show, but you really are together and having a baby. The fans would freak!" I smiled.

"Yeah, I dont think that theyll bring it back. It's mostly about Supercorp now" Chyler grins.

I roll my eyes and felt Katie letting me go.

"Where you headed babe?"

"To the bathroom. It feels like I have to pee every five seconds!" she calls.

"Damn it. She jinxed me. I'm going to the bathroom too, both of you play nice" Chyler eyes us. Floriana and I look at her dumbstruck and go to sit in some of the studio chairs.

"So how are things in the Mcgrath-Benoist house?" Floriana asks.

"So far so good. I'm sorry we havent really visited everyone, it's been hectic. Bethany went through a breakup and then the baby came. It's a lot" I sigh.

"Does seem like a lot, but you know we're here for you, right?"

"Yeah" I smile.

"Besides Chyler has been talking nonstop about proving herself the coolest aunt and how our kids will grow up together. You should have seen her face when Katie called with the baby news. She just about shit herself" Floriana laughed.

"I did what?" Chyler growled with her hands on her hips. I let out a chuckle and Chyler sat on her wife's lap while Floriana had a fearful look on her face.

I saw Katie smile at them, but something about the look on her face told me that she wasnt ok. I caught her attention and motioned for her to sit with me. She sat on my lap and I began to slowly rub her thigh.

"What's wrong love?" I asked. She wouldn't look me in the eye and slightly shook her head.

"Let's talk about it later" she whispered. She was almost shaking and I really started to worry.

I lifted her up bridalstyle and called to the other lovebirds that we would be back.

"Ew, get a room!" Chyler called.

"We are!" I retorted.

Once in private I set her down and wrapped my arms around Katie's waist to keep her balanced.

"Hey, take it easy. You're worrying me Katie. What's wrong?" I asked, brows furrowed.

"Chyler and I were talking about babies and how much attention and care they would need" she trailed off.

"Yes, they do, but what are you worried about?"

She looked up with those beautiful blue-green eyes of her and bit her lip.

"You. What will all of this be like for you? I would be busy with the baby, you would be off doing Supergirl, and Bethany would be leaving for college soon. I don't want either of us thinking that we dont spend time with each other" she cried.

Gee, do the pregnancy hormones kick in that quick?

I place my thumb under her chin to have her look at me again.

"Katie, we both knew what we were getting into when we said that we would have kids. They do take up a lot of attention, I know, but trust me when I say this. You are still my first love. Maybe not my exact first, but my first where I knew and felt in my heart that you were all I needed. Once our baby comes and you want space I'll give that to you, but I'll help you through it. If you want special rubs at night, I'm pretty sure I'm a pro. I felt them enough times to know how to do it. If you just want to be held, I'll hold you til your hearts content. If you want to eat weird things and then kiss me after, then go for it!" I pause.

Katie has a tear running down her cheek and I wipe it away.

"I said I do, didnt I? Dont worry that I'll feel like I'm not getting enough attention. I understand, and I can see everything in your eyes. I love you Katie, and nothing will change that. Even when you turn into this moody, round, craving monster" I giggle.

This makes Katie laugh and I kiss her lips softly.

"Ok?" I whisper. She nods her head and smiles. I hold her for a while before I know we have to go back to do the next scene.

"So I'm going to be a monster, huh?"