Chapter 19

Katie's POV

Chyler's question haunted my mind for the rest of that night and I knew that Melissa had sensed it. I had put on a loose lounge sweater and just my boyshorts and sat on my bed. Luckily, each of our rooms had their own bathrooms, and Melissa was busy brushing her teeth. I sat there deep in thought running my fingers through my hair to get the knots out. 

"You ok Katie?" I heard her softly ask. I didn't realize that she was standing at the foot of the bed. My jaw nearly dropped when I saw that she had a blue sports bra and red short shorts on. I recognized it as the first outfit Winn had made for Supergirl. She looked down at herself and smiled. "They really do make good pajamas, but I won't wear them anywhere else."

"I'm fine, just thinking about everything and Supergirl" I shook my head. 

"You were thinking about me?" she grinned. I rolled my eyes and threw a small pillow at her. 

"I meant the show, but yes, you too" I chuckled. 

Melissa got into her side of the bed and turned off the light. Darkness now surrounded me and it took several seconds to adjust to the lack of light. I laid down on my side facing her and I felt her wiggle closer. I instinctively reached my hand out to give her the special rubs she loves so much. What I wasn't expecting was her thigh to nudge between my legs and intertwine them. Her nose was lightly touching mine and her arm making its way around me to pull me closer. Our fronts were not firmly pressed together and my hand stilled. 

"Mel?" I whispered almost inaudibly.

"Yeah?" I could smell the mint from her mouthwash and I wanted a taste of it too. 

"Why are you ok with this?"

"What do you mean?" I felt her shift back a bit as if to look at my face. 

"I mean. Right now we're in the same bed, in each other arms, and you don't seem to be uncomfortable with our close proximity. I'm not saying that I don't like it. I just dont want you to be uncomfortable, and I really dont want to ruin what we have right now. Which I'm probably doing right now with all-" I was cut short when I felt the softest lips against mine. She was gentle and unsure, but when I kissed her back she pulled us back together. I was lost in it and her hand clutched the back of my sweater. She kissed the corners of my mouth then each lip. The last one I saw stars when she seared them.  We finally pulled away for air and she kissed the tip of my nose. I felt like mush and there was a fuzzy feeling within my belly, and my lips felt as though I had drank scalding water. 

"If you didn't ruin what we have with your Kara-like rambling then I just beat you to it. This isn't an act Katie, and I've been trying to prove that to you. It's been really hard not to get out of character and prove to everyone that loves Supercorp right. Chris or anyone else be damned because I will fight for you. I see both Lena and Katie in you and I love both. I love you" she murmured. Her hand lightly caressed underneath my sweater, and I began to cry. "Did I make you cry!? Damn it Kara!"

She tried to untangle herself from me while apologizing profusely, but I quickly attached myself to her. She stilled waiting if she should go or not. 

"I love you too" I whisper. I could nearly see her smile in the darkness and she held me close. I buried my face in her neck and we lay there in each others arms. The deed was finally done and I couldnt be more relieved that I didn't have to hold back. Then reality made me question it.

"Melissa, I think we should keep this between us and the girls. If we bring this to the set, who knows what Chris might do. Let's  at least just wait to see if they keep him or not" I say cautiously. I traced shapes on her back once more and she was silent for a minute or two. I was afraid that she may not like the idea or may be mad now. 

"I think that might be best too. I know Chyler is going to freak" she chuckles. I giggle along with her and finally close my eyes for sleep. Maybe this will work after all....

****

When the filming finally did start, Melissa and I kept our secret well. We decided to let the girls figure it for themselves. It was best to let it come out in its own time. The new storyline was to partner up Lena with the DEO with which Mon-el will leave. He obviously made it clear that he hated Lena Luthor and would therefore go back into the future to his 'wife.' 

Melissa would steal glances, but  tried to resume as we usually did. Playing pranks, eating snacks, joking about. I knew that Chyler was onto us when she eyed me while we were having our lunch break. 

"Hey Katie? Can you pass me some pretzels?" Melissa asked sweetly. 

"Sure. You have mayo on your lip, love" I smile. She attempts to lick it and I laugh.

"Why don't you just wipe it for her Katie?" Chyler asks innocently. Two can play at this game.

"Why dont you help out Floriana with her sandwich?" I shoot back. Floriana has a mayo covered piece of lettuce hanging out of her mouth and sticks to her chin. 

"Real cute there Lima" Chyler mutters as she picks it off. 

"Let me eat Leigh! I'm a grown woman who can wipe her own mouth" Floriana says playfully. Melissa laughs and I wipe the mayo off her lip. Chyler scowls at me, but doesnt press anymore. 

Melissa's POV 

There was a scene in which Lena would be wounded from an attack and Supergirl would search to find her in the rubble of the building. I knew exactly where she was, but I couldnt help think about what would happen if something like were to actually happen. I looked around for her frantically and finally 'lifted' a piece of concrete to reveal her underneath. Remarkably she wasnt smashed, but she was 'unconcious.' I lifted her up and turned toward the camera. The scene was done, but I continued to carry her off set to the snack area. 

"You can put me down now Melissa" Katie smirked. I set her down but kept close. 

"Can't I just hold you?" I smile innocently. 

"We're at work, and we agreed to keep this at home" Katie raise an eyebrow. I knew as soon as she was in her signature Lena stance that the discussion was over. I hung my head dramatically and walked away.

"I didnt say to go away!"