Chapter 24

Katie's POV

As if Melissa couldnt get more affectionate she does. She held my hand any chance that she got. Kissed me when we were alone. Our more passionate times were in private obviously, but damn did it feel good.

I laying down in our bed on my stomach while Melissa went to the bathroom. I had started to like sleeping naked since we hardly ever kept our clothes on. I felt the sheet drag slowly off my body and I groaned. Melissa's own naked body laid on top of me and butterflies erupted in my belly.

"What do you want to do today love?" she murmured.

"What about we go to the beach?" I turned over and felt myself blush. I looked up at my wife and saw her smirk.

"I'd like that. Do you want to just walk around or is it a water day?" she bit her lip.

"Let's just walk around."

****

I held Melissa's hand and she swung them lightly. I leaned on her shoulder and felt her arm slither around my waist. I turned my head and kissed just beneath her jaw where she quietly sighed.

"Lets go to that store!" She suddenly ran off into a gift store.

"Hey!" I took off after her and grabbed the back of her pants. "That was rude Mrs. McGrath-Benoist."

"Look they have all kinds of different socks" Melissa squealed excitedly. "Theres Supergirl socks!"

I looked at the rows of different socks and turned toward Melissa with my mouth wide open. She smiled and held the Supergirl socks next to her face. 

"Take a picture!" 

"You literally have the real Supergirl outfit, but I'll take it only because you're cute" I took out my phone to take a picture when there was a squeal off to the side of us. 

"Oh my god! Supergirl can we please take a picture with you?" A young teen girl practically drooled. Melissa had a 'help me' look on her face and I only smiled and pretended to walk away. 

"Sure, but only if Lena joins us" she grins. Damn you.....

I walked over and the two teens looked at us with wide eyes, grinning from ear to ear. Melissa held up her self advertisement once more and I stood next to one of the girls. One put her arm around Supergirl and the other hugged me. I made a silly face as I stuck out my tongue and Melissa put on a silly face with her eyebrow quirked. 

"Thanks so much! You are literally my favorite superhero" the brunette gushed. Melissa being Melissa smiled and gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder. 

"You really are inspiring" the other said. Melissa caught herself reaching for her glasses and instead ran a hand through her hair. 

"You two are just so cute! My inspiration comes from this woman right here though" she nudged me. The girls finally looked my way and the brunette looked me up and down. I couldnt help feel like she was sizing me up. 

"Well, someone has to take care of you. Melissa would be totally eating all the junk food she wants, but she knows that she'll go on timeout if she does now" I laugh. Melissa pouts and crosses her arms while playfully disagreeing. 

"Supergirl is the strongest person I know and I think she's got it handled. I saw that you went to the Womens march too right?" the brunette dodged. I had to admit I was starting to get annoyed, but I decided to just play it cool. 

"I did. I encourage you guys to stay strong and each of you has a Supergirl in you. If you dont mind Katie and I are going to walk around some more. It was nice meeting you!" Melissa smiled and grabbed my hand. She pulled me down the aisle and brought my hand to her lips. "You ok honey?"

"You can read me better than anyone. I love the fans, but I could feel the green monster starting to come out" I grumbled. Melissa laughed and continued to search around the sock shop. 

We were walking along the rest of the strip when we hear someone calling to us from behind. I turned to see the blonde from the sock shop.

"Hello again" I smile. 

"Hello. I just wanted to apologize for my friend earlier today. She has a major crush on Supergirl and shes really bad at hiding it" she breathes. 

"Hey, it's ok. Melissa gets that all the time. It's part of her training" I wink. The blonde giggles and nods her head.

"I just felt that I should apologize, and for kind of ignoring you Ms. McGrath. I was just a little shy" she says looking down. 

I looked over at my wife then the girl standing in front of us. 

"It's actually McGrath-Benoist now, but whats your name?" I smile. 

"Bethany. I had no idea that you two were actually together! Thats so cool" she squeals. 

"Would you like to have lunch with us?" Melissa asks kindly. The blondes blue eyes go wide and looks between the both of us in bitter shock.

"Really?" she squeaks. 

"Of course. We would like to thank you for apologizing. Theres not many people who would track someone down to do that" I laugh. I see her blush and she agrees to go. 

We go to a nearby seafood shop and are soon eating and laughing.

"You should see Katie when she goes into 'Lena-Mode'. It can get intense" Melissa whispers loudly. I smack her arm playfully in mock offense and Bethany laughs, covering her mouth to keep her water from spitting out. 

"Keep this up and Lena Luthor will xome out to punish you" I threaten, pointing a finger at her. 

"I knew you guys were down to earth, but this is a whole new experience" Bethany smiles. 

Melissa puts some fries in her mouth and winks at her then turns to me and grins. 

"Charming" I roll my eyes. 

We talk some more and learn more about Bethany. I found that she was starting to grow on me. She was 16, a senior in high school, apart of track and field, but she didnt tell us anything about family or friends. I was curious and decided to try my luck.

"So is your family as weird and blended as Melissa and I's?" I ask sweetly. She goes quiet for a moment and gives me a small smile. 

"Not really. I have foster parents, but they kind of just parent off of a script" she shrugs. 

"What about your friends?" Melissa asks shoving more fries in her mouth. I roll my eyes again and return my attention to Bethany. 

"I dont really have any. Taylors really my only friend" she says. So Taylors the brunette....

"Well now you have two more" Melissa grins. This cheers Bethany up and I cant help but smile at both of them. 

When we were leaving the restaurant I turned to Bethany and asked for her phone. 

"These are mine and Melissa's  phone numbers. I would really like to see one of your track meets one day. If we can get away from the set" I smile at Melissa who nods. 

"Just shoot us a text or something when youre bored. We might be busy, but we'll still text you back as soon as we have a second" My wife gives Bethany a hug. 

"We'll see you around Bethany. Oh! And remember. It may seem like their taking away your spark, but be sure to come back as the whole damn fire. Got it?"