Chapter 26

Melissa's POV

Why didn't anyone tell me that marrying your best friend was the best thing ever? I watched as Katie slept facing me this time and admired her beauty. Her raven-hair was sprawling out in all directions, hand tucked beneath her chin, lips a dark pink, pale but flawless skin glowing in the early morning sun. I began to tear up at the shame that I had not seen it sooner. As I reflected back to when I had first met her I began to realize all of the things that she would do for me. Little things that had spoke so loudly that I hated how deaf I was to it. A single tear left the corner of my eye and I lightly stroked Katie's cheek. 

"I love you" I whispered to her sleeping form. 

There was a flash back to the first day I met her and I let the movie play. 

****

I was excited to say the least to start on the second season Supergirl and they had told us about a new character. I was curious who this new person was that would be playing Lena Luthor. She had apparently been on a few other shows, but I hadn't really paid attention. I was wearing my Star Wars T-shirt and some jeans since we were simply going over how everything would play out. We were all laughing and joking around as we waited for this mysterious woman to show up and suddenly the door swung open. 

"I'm very sorry to keep you waiting. The traffic out there is crazy" the woman huffed. 

Her long black hair was tossed to one side as if she had just ran her hand through it. Her piercing green eyes were actually friendly and bright. Her smile could just about rival her eyes and I looked her over. What had really caught my eye was her shirt. Star Wars. 

"You like Star Wars?" I asked hopefully. She turned her attention to me and something flashed in those blue-green depths before she blinked it away. 

"I'm a huge fan. I actually collect figures" she said sheepishly. I jumped out of my seat to run and give her a hug. 

"Yay! I have a Star Wars nerd to love" I squealed. Our new Lena patted me and mumbled that I was holding her a bit tight. "Sorry, it's a Supergirl thing."

"What's your name?" Chyler asked. 

"Katie. Katie McGrath" she smiled. I liked it. It was cutsie, but I knew that this was a grown woman due to certain......assets. "I'm a little nervous for this role. I mean I've done parts like this before where I have to be this professional person, but I'm actually quite dorky sometimes. I'm sure you'll find that out sooner or later. I mean like Ms. Benoist pointed out, I am wearing a Star Wars shirt."

She rambles just like me! I love her already. Shes dorky, but I can tell she would be perfect for Lena. She seems down to earth and is friendly enough. I wonder what her favorite Star Wars movie is? Whats her favorite character? Does she have any siblings? Why did she call me by my last name? Maybe she's like Maggie's persona. Or she could be like Alex. I haven't read the script for her yet so I can't really tell, and I don't know her personally. Her jeans fit her really nice. Good god now I'm rambling aren't I?

"Melissa you ok there?" I blinked out of my stupor to see everyone looking at me intently. 

"Oh yeah just spaced out there for a second. No pun intended!" My cheeks burned in embarrassment, but I heard Katie laugh instead. 

"You are totally like Kara" she giggled. I smiled back bashfully and then pouted for being so immature. 

Katie looked at me with those eyes again and I couldnt decipher what she was trying to do. 

"I hope that the friendship that is written for Lena and Kara will happen between us in reality" she smiled. 

"Me too."

****

When I came out of my flashback I saw the same green orbs from that day watching me. 

"Melissa, love, are you ok? You have a tear in your eye" she said worriedly. Her soft hand gently wiped away my tear and I smiled. 

I had come to love the woman laying beside me so much that I couldnt even describe it. The Melissa then didn't know that this would happen later down the road, but the Melissa now sure was glad it did. I stared at her for a few moments and thought about what she might have been like as a child. I had seen old photographs, but I wanted to get to know her. She was waiting for me patiently to respond to her. I shifted a little to face her completely and I bit my lip nervously. 

"What is it honey?" she said softly. I glanced downward and played with a few strands of her hair. 

"I want a baby..."

Katie's POV

As soon as Melissa had told me that she wanted a child I had pretty much jumped her bones. We were thankfully over with our year long stay in Canada and had moved into our own house in California as soon as we were back. I was just as excited as she was, when I paused and thought about Bethany. I looked over to Melissa who was making breakfast and I gently wrapped an arm around her to have her face me. 

"Are we trying already?" she giggled. I rolled my eyes and bit her earlobe playfully. 

"Not yet, but I was wondering. How would you feel about a teenager?" I waited for her to respond. 

"Are we talking about a particular teen that you're favoring?" she raised an eyebrow. 

"Maybe" I trailed off. She smiled and kissed my lips softly. I saw the love and passion in her blue eyes and I already knew her answer before she said it out loud. 

"It'll be a long process, but I think we should do it. We have to ask Bethany about it though" she warned. 

"I know. What if she says no? What she already planned to take off as soon as she turned 18?" I rambled. Melissa turned off the stove and grabbed my hips, pulling me to her, and successfully shutting me up. 

"Wifey, the girl already adores you. I highly doubt that she would say no, and if she does then it was her decision. I know how much you already love this girl, but I just want to make sure that you dont get too attached. What ever happens I'll always be here for you. Fiction or reality" she soothes. I pull her into a long kiss and slip my hands underneath her shirt. I start to give her the special rubs and I feel her knees buckle against mine. 

"Your such a tease" she says lowly. Her eyes have gone dark and she's looking at me like prey. 

"Not unless I intend to go all the way" I whisper against her neck before kissing it. She grabs me by my thighs and hoists me up to wrap my legs around her waist. 

"You take too damn long" she growls. I giggle as she starts walking to our bedroom and I dramatically reach out toward the kitchen. 

"Our breakfast is going to get cold! Kara let me go!" I laugh, weakly trying to push away from her. 

"Screw our breakfast, I'm eating you" With that she kicked our door shut and the butterflies that were in my stomach were now swarming throughout my whole body.