Chapter 23

Melissa's POV

The thought of having kids with Katie made me want to jump up and fly. I knew that she would make an amazing mother, and as we plan our wedding, I get more and more infatuated with her.

"What do you think about pastel colors?" She asked, holding up a little chart of colors.

"I dont care for colors. I just care that it's you that walks to me" I kiss her cheek. I see her blush and look down. "What's wrong?"

I knew that something was wrong because she wouldnt look me in the eye the whole time we've been sitting here. Thankfully our year of being in a house full of women was almost over. Since we were all in sync as expected she wasnt on her period.

"I've just been thinking how we got here. You were dating Chris and were this goddess that I thought was far out of my reach. I thought I would have to just fight for our friendship, but now I hear you tell me you love me everyday. All that time that I wanted to do the things that Chris had done. I'm just feeling a little out of place" she says quietly.

I wasnt sure how to respond. I wanted to comfort her, but she was hurting in a way that I was never aware of. She thinks that shes unworthy? I thought about what she had said some more and then an idea struck me.

"Are worried that something will happen between us?" I whisper. I see her slowly nod and look away in shame.

A deep sorrow overtakes me and I want to be able to prove to her that I'm not leaving. Then a burning anger rises from my depths at anyone who may have made her think this way. Katie was the most intelligent, kind, courageous, and beautiful woman I had ever met. I stood up from my seat and held my hand out to her.

"What are you doing?" She asked curiously.

"Just come with me" I coax.

"Where are we going?" She took my hand and I lead her outside of the house.

"We're getting married."

****

I dont know what I was doing, but the overwhelming feeling to do this was too much to ignore. Katie didnt fight me but she was confused. I lead her to a town hall that I had GPS'd and took her inside. I looked over at my bride and noticed her eyes were wide. I slowed down to a stop and took her hands in mine.

"I realize I didnt exactly ask, but are you ok with doing this?" I bit my lip in anticipation.

"Yes" she breathed. I grinned and caressed her cheek.

"I just want to prove to you that you, Lena Luthor, have the power to stop the strongest person on the planet. You are my kryptonite. You are my shoulder to lean and cry on. You are the one that makes me laugh. You are the one that can take control at the snap of your fingers. You are my moon, my stars, my sun, my world, galaxy" I paused and she looked at me with those emerald eyes, "You are my home Katie McGrath."

She had tears in her eyes and she laughed a little. Her hand covered my own on her face and she smiled.

"You are my hero. Now hurry up so I can claim you" she whispered.

We walked into the office with her head leaning on my shoulder, into our future.

Katie's POV

Holy shit. I'm married. I'm married and I'm married to Melissa Benoist. Well, shes Melissa McGrath-Benoist now. I couldnt believe that I would finally get to call her mine. I knew now that every whispered word. Every stolen kiss. Everyone stolen glance. Every touch. Was real. This was my reality. It was no longer just us acting on the show as Kara and Lena, it was us in reality as Melissa and Katie.

I continued to stare at the ring that she had placed on my finger and I felt hands grasp my hips.

"Are you in shock wifey?" She smiled. Butterflies exploded within my belly and I gave her a soft, lingering kiss.

"I like when you call me that" i whispered.

"What wifey?" I nodded against her chest and felt her kiss the top of my head.

"I like it too. God, now Kara is really going to be nervous around you" she mock groaned. I lightly tapped her arm and we laughed.

"Lena isnt that intimadating!"

Her blue eyes twinkled and she raised an eyebrow.

"Even with Kara and Lena dating and knowing the whole secret identity thing, Kara is still the nervous reporter from season 1. I need to get some glasses to adjust now" she sighed.

"You are so very dramatic my love" I smiled. She laughed and then her face went serious. I watched as it changed to terror.

"Chylers going to kill me! I didnt tell her we were going to get married! Oh god, I'm so dead" she buried her head in my neck and I stroked her hair.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Besides, she still hasn't come clean about her and Floriana dating" I pointed out. Melissa seemed to relax a little and we walked back into the house.

****

Chyler wasnt actually as mad as we thought she would be. Instead she took a step further and started planning our children. 

"They would be so cute! You have to name one after me! I swear I'm going to turn into the crazy aunt that teaches the kids how to put someone in a choke hold. I just want them to be safe you know?" She rambled.

I shifted nervously next to Melissa and she placed a kiss to my temple comfortingly. I smiled at her and noticed that Chyler was wearing a ring on her finger.

"Chyler why are you wearing your wedding ring again?" Melissa asked. Thankfully she noticed it too and I wouldnt have to ask.

"Well I just-.." Chyler trailed off and Floriana held her own hand up with a ring.

"You got engaged and didnt tell me?!" Melissa mocked offense.

"Hey at least I didnt get married without telling you" Chyler countered.

They stuck their tongues out at each other and Floriana and I both tried to distract our partners.

"What about we do a double date to celebrate tonight?" I suggest.

"Sounds good to me" Floriana smiled. The sisters grunted their agreement and we went to our separate rooms.

It was a bit windy outside and I pulled a light sweater over my head. Before I could start to straighten it out I felt light kisses traveling up my stomach. I shivered and giggled when Melissa head reached mine beneath my sweater.

"Can I help you?" I giggled.

"I just wanted to get in your clothes" she winked. She gave me a kiss and trailed her fingers down my torso.

"We have to meet Chyler and Floriana for dinner darling" I murmured against her lips.

"Let's just enjoy our dorky moment for a bit. They can wait" she smiled.

We stood there with my sweater covering our faces, giggling like little girls beneath the covers.