Chapter 4: Betrayal

Melissa's POV

I wasnt expecting to see this carefree and affectionate side of Katie, but boy was I loving it. Sure we've been the best of friends, but she wasnt a very touchy feely kind of person. Once we were back to the hotel I got a phone call. Chris?

"Hello?"

"Hello? Who's this?" It seemed that a woman had called me. Why did it come up as Chris?

"This is Melissa. Who are you?"

"This is Patrica. Why does my fiancee have you in his contacts as girlfriend?" Now I'm really confused.

"I'm sorry I think you have the wrong number" I laugh confused.

"Um, no. This is Melissa Benoist right? Chris Woods coworker?" she asks angry.

"Yes, this is his girlfriend. I'm sorry I'm a little confused" I say exasperated.

"You are not his girlfriend because I'm his fiancee" she growls. I feel the blood drain from my face and im speechless. Fiancee?

"I'm sorry I didnt know, but you dont have to worry about me. Just tell him to never call me again, and can you remove my number?" I say calmly.

"With pleasure" she sneers. The line goes dead and I look around my hotel room in a stupor.

My boyfriend has a fiancee and I just broke up with him.

It was all too much and I started to hyperventilate. I shouldn't be alone right now. Before I could even think of anything else I stood in front of Katie's room. I knocked lightly and heard a shuffling on the other side of the door.

"Hey sorry. I was still-" she pauses and her smile dims as she sees my face. "Melissa? Are you ok?"

The tears then come and I wrap my arms around her neck. She leads me into the room and shuts the door quietly.

"Shhh, it's ok. I've got you" she whispers soothingly. She lightly rubs my back in circles and she let's me cry for a few minutes. "What happened Mel?"

I lean back away from her and look down at my feet.

"I got a phone call from Chris's fiancee. I broke up with him" I croak.

"What do you mean Chris's fiancee?"

I explain the whole thing to her and her face gets a light tint of red.

"I swear if I ever see him again" she growls under her breath.

"I dont want to talk about him right now Katie" I sniffle. She pulls me back into her arms and I lay my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Mel. Do you want to stay here for a while?" she starts rubbing my back again and it feels amazing. I can only nod my head, not trusting my voice.

After going to my room for some pajamas I see that Katie already has the bed made and was brushing her teeth.

"You can sleep in the bed tonight. I stay up to read for a while anyway" she says. She's going to sleep on the couch?

"I would actually like if you lay with me" I say quietly. She nods her head in understanding and we get into bed. True to her word she takes out her book and starts reading. I get under the covers and snuggle up against her. She puts one arm around me and her hand gently caresses my side.

"Are you ok with this arrangement?" she whispers.

"Mhmm" I sigh. Her rubs feel so good. I know I probably look like crap and I attempt to hide my face.

"Go ahead and sleep. I'll try not to wake you when I'm done reading"

I close my eyes, but she stops rubbing my side. I move a little bit and put an arm over her stomach.

"Keep going. It makes me feel better" I say sleepily. She knows exactly what I meant and resumes caressing my side. I like this.

When I wake up I'm on my side. I attempt to stretch, but something tightens around my torso and then I realize theres something pressed against my back. Katie. I slowly turn around and see her fast asleep. Her long black hair is sprawled out around her in soft waves and her lips are slightly parted. She looks so peaceful. I remember the events of yesterday and the smile I didnt realize I had slowly disappears. I let Katie's arm pull me closer and I close my eyes and let her embrace me. I know shes not awake, but her sleepy hugs are just as good.

I feel her stir and I keep my eyes closed. My face is nearly in her neck and I feel her gently nuzzle my hair. She slowly takes her arm off me and gets out of bed. Katie then goes to the bathroom and I hear the shower. Her body may be gone, but I roll over so that I'm laying in the warm spot she was in. I'm always cold and I dont know why.

The water stops in the shower and I feel a dip in the bed shortly after. Her soft hand brushes back some of my hair and she leaves. I peek open my eyes to find her gone. Theres a note on the dresser next to the bed and I grab it.

I know that you might wake up and everything will come crashing down. I know you didnt get much time for yourself so I decided to let you sleep in and get some space. If you need anything, please dont hesitate to ask me. XOXO -Katie

I smile at her note and make my way to my own room. I checked my phone and saw that I had 10 missed calls and too many messages. All from Chris. I frowned and turned my phone on silent. I really didnt want to talk to him right now.

When I went downstairs to the lobby for some breakfast I saw that most of the cast was there. Odette, Katie, Mehcad, and Jeremy were all laughing and throwing grapes at each other. I sat down next to Katie and she gave me a small smile. Chyler then walked up with a tired look on her face.

"I'm so tired, and I didnt even go to bed late" she groaned. We laughed at her and Mehcad offered her a waffle.

"Party too hard last night Chy?" he teased. Chyler took a bite out of the waffle and playfully punched his shoulder.

"Shut up James"

"Are you guys ready for some filming today?" Odette asked, taking a bite from her banana.

David, Jeremy and Floriana then walked over to us.

"You mean ready to get our butts beat?" Floriana grunts. David laughs and pats her back.

I smile at my friends, but I knew Chris would be coming in a few days for filming too.

"You ok Mel?" Katie asks quietly. I nod my head and smile at her gratefully. Shes been a good friend to me.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Jeremy says excitedly.

"Literally."