Chapter 27

Melissa's POV 

I could practically see Katie bouncing in her seat next to me as we made our way to Bethany's school. We were going to ask Bethany to join our family at our little outing together. I was nervous to see what her answer would be, but I had talked myself into not worrying too much about it. I reached over the center console and grabbed my wife's hand to steady her nerves. I saw her glance at me and she smiled. 

I pulled up to the front of the school just as I saw Bethany walking out of the front doors. Katie rolled down her window and waved to her. She gave us a shy smile and wave back. A few students recognized us and were shouting to get our attention. Bethany opened the back door and quickly shut it behind her. She wrapped her arms around our neck to give us a hug and sat in the middle behind us. 

"Hey there kiddo. You ready to get your butt beat at mini golf?" I teased. 

"I think that the younger generation has taken over that pass time" she responds coolly. 

"Spoken like a true Luthor" Katie smiles. We laugh and I pull out to go to a nearby mini golf place. "So, Bethany we wanted to ask you something very important, and I hope that you are open to the idea."

Bethany furrows her brow in confusion but asks Katie to continue. 

"Well, we wanted to know how you would feel about being apart of Team Supercorp" I say tentatively. Bethany giggles for a second and shakes her head. 

"That is the weirdest way of asking if I'm gay, but the answer is yes. Sort of, I'm bi actually" she shrugs. I chuckle at the misunderstanding and shake my head too. 

"No, sweetheart, we mean how would you like to join our family" Katie smiles. She looks to the backseat with hopeful eyes and I see a shocked expression on Bethany's face in the rear-view mirror. My knuckles turn white with holding on too tight to the steering-wheel and wait for Bethany's answer. 

"You're kidding. I must be dreaming, is this some sort of messed up trick that I'm playing on myself?" she rambles. 

I pull into the parking lot of the mini golf place and turn to the backseat. 

"Nope, this is reality and there's no tricks included. We want to adopt you. We get that you're almost 18, but for the next two years we hope that you would join our family" I smile. 

There's tears in Bethany's blue eyes and she starts to grin wide. A single sob escapes her lips as she throws her arms around us in a bone-crushing hug. 

"Ok, technically not invincible over here" I joke breathlessly. 

"Of course, yes! I'd love to!" she cries. 

We get out of the car and Katie and I each put an arm around our soon-to-be-daughter. 

"This doesnt mean we'll go easy on you now" Katie laughs through tears of her own. 

****

My daughter. Bethany Mcgrath-Benoist. Our daughter.  I watched as Katie helped Bethany move the last few boxes into her new room. Bethany had bent over to set a box down but lost her balance. Before I could grab her Katie did and instead fell down on the floor with her. They giggled like maniacs and I put my hands on my hips. 

"Working hard or hardly working?" I tease. 

"Hey! We got it done in two days, now help your wife up" Katie laughed. I grabbed her hand to hoist her up and offered to help our newest addition. Bethany giggled and looked at me with the typical 'you're in trouble' look. I rolled my eyes and kissed Katie's cheek to make her blush. 

"I'm going to make dinner. Any requests?" I call behind my shoulder, leaving the room. 

"Anythings fine with me" Bethany called after me.

I heard Katie following behind me and her hands snaked around my waist.

"I cant walk if you hang on me like that" I laughed.

"Too bad you cant fly huh?" She murmured.

I rolled my eyes and dragged her along with me to the kitchen. I started making some parmesan chicken when Bethany joined us.

"Hows unpacking going?" Katie smiled. She still had her arms around me and I blushed at our new daughter staring at us.

"Its going good, but I still have a lot to go. It's so weird being here with you guys!" she grins.

I gave her a small smile and turned back to the stove.

"Its going to take some adjusting on both sides, but we'll just wing it" Katie winks.

Bethany giggles and I hear some shushing. I turn around quickly just in time to see Bethany put something behind her back. I raise an eyebrow at the other two and they start laughing hysterically.

"Why am I getting ganged up on? Is this really how you thank your new mother? And I thought you were supposed to be my loving wife?" I looked from Bethany to Katie. They both smiled and my 'loving' wife kissed my lips softly.

"You know I love you darling. We were just trying to have some fun"

It is so unfair to have Katie McGrath-Benoist give you the puppy dog eyes. It'll make you melt in a matter of seconds. Damn it, stupid emotions!

Katie's POV

It's been a month since Bethany had moved in with us and shes fit in amazingly. I feel bad when Melissa and I have to go film for Supergirl, but she doesnt seem to mind. As the time goes on my want to have a baby increases. Bethany and I were waiting for Melissa at the top of the stairs for a party when she stopped at some fans. One woman had a baby with her that had a Supergirl onesie on. Melissa scooped the baby up and poked her little nose. I smiled at the scene in front of me and bit my lip. God she would make such a great mother. I knew that we already had Bethany, but a baby was different. I wanted a little Melissa.

I saw my wife give the baby back to her mother and smile up at me. My heart rate sped up and she was then standing right in front of me.

"Are you ok there love?" she smiled. I couldnt say a word except grin like an idiot.

"God, is this what it feels like to be disgusted by your lovey parents?" Bethany groaned. Melissa smiled mischievously and placed a sweet kiss to my lips. I clung to the front of her shirt and deepened the kiss. I heard Bethany mumble something and I giggled against Melissa's lips.

"We should continue this later, but I think we embarrassed our daughter enough" I laughed.

Melissa kissed my forehead and we went in to the party.