Chapter 36

Melissa's POV 

"Hey there kiddo! How's the college life treating you?" I smiled at my phone. 

"It's going good so far. How's Mother?" Bethany smiles back. 

I had finally caught her when she had time to face time me  and Katie had fallen asleep while I rubbed her back. It had been bugging her now that her belly was getting bigger and yet she insisted on walking everywhere. 

"She's doing ok. Her back was a little sore today so she fell asleep when I was rubbing her back. Nothing big yet" I responded. 

We talked more about what we had been up to when her head snapped to the side when someone walked into the room.

"What happened?" I questioned. 

"Oh, nothing. Anna's here and she said hi" Bethany blushed. I then saw Anna's head pop into the camera with a smile on her face. 

"Hi Melissa. How are you?" she said cheerily. 

"I'm doing fine. We miss you both and are looking forward to seeing you guys soon" I respond. 

Anna slowly but surely took over Bethany's phone and left us talking. Katie then began to wake up from her nap and looked at me. Her legs were over my lap and she was turned on her side so she peeked over her shoulder. 

"Who's that darling?" she yawned. 

"Anna and Bethany." I helped Katie sit up and she took over my phone. I rolled my eyes knowing that she did exactly what Anna had done. I placed a kiss on her cheek and the door bell rang. 

I went to answer it when it seemed to open on its own and Chyler waltzed in. 

"Hey, thought we would come and visit you guys. Wheres my sister-in-law" she grinned. 

"She's in the living room talking to Anna and Bethany" I motioned. 

"Bethany!? That little shit doesnt call me! Hey! Why havent you called your aunt!?" Chyler yells on the way to the living room. 

Floriana and I laugh and I give her a hug. 

"Sorry, the hormones are hitting her harder lately" Floriana sighes. 

"Thats ok. I think we'll be fine as long as we dont piss them off. Bethany's lucky that her college is far enough that Chyler cant go right now" I joke. Floriana chuckles and we walk into the living room to see Chyler and Katie both arguing about what gender the babies will be. 

"I think its a girl" Chyler says pointing at Katie. 

"I think its a boy. It's like an instinct that is telling me that the baby is" she argues. 

"Well, I think its a fifty-fifty chance anyway" Anna shrugs in the camera. 

Both mothers gasp as if offended and then start to argue with Anna. I headed to the kitchen to get some water and heard Floriana following me. 

"Seems you're living the fairy tale life Little Danvers" Floriana smiles. 

"I dont know about fairy tale, but I'm definitely not complaining" I chuckle.

"Theres three months left for Chyler and four months until Katie's due. What are you guys going to do once the baby's born?" she asks getting a glass for herself. 

"I dont know yet. I would want to be home with Katie of course, but I'm not sure after that. I know Supergirl's season is coming to an end. We can technically retire now and never have to work, but I know Katie wouldnt do that. Shes too much of a work body" I shrug. 

I didnt really think about what would happen from here. Of course there would be a small child that would be my responsibility, but I felt like there was something missing. I thought about it while we made our way back to the living room to find our wives watching a movie. I sat down next to Katie and she snuggled into my side. I thought back to the wedding then. How I had wanted to win Chris back and fell in love with my 'girlfriend' instead. I hadnt expected my life to go this way. I stared at the TV thinking over everything and then I remembered the journal that I had written for Katie years ago. 

Katie's POV

Melissa had come back from the kitchen with a lost look on her face. Like she was thinking about something really hard and was trying to solve it. I placed my hand on her thigh and gently squeezed. Her eyes made their way to mine and my breath hitched in my throat. I have been married to this woman for two years and she still left me breathless. I smiled at her and kissed her neck. I leaned against her shoulder and then paid attention to the TV. I felt Melissa's hand make its way over, almost shyly, and intertwined our fingers. I smiled to myself knowing that I had the same effect of her that she had on me. 

I thought about what I would do while Melissa was filming tomorrow when I remembered that Chris was dropping off Thomas so I could watch him. 

"Chyler would you come over tomorrow? Since these two are going to be filming Chris is going to bring Thomas over for me to watch him and I figured you would want to hang out?" I smiled. 

"Of course. I dont mind and it gets me out of my house at least" she chuckled. 

I grinned and we continued our evening in a comfortable silence. After planning out our days we said goodbye to our friends and Melissa slid her hands around my waist. Her nose nuzzled my ear and I could feel her breath on my neck. I closed my eyes and slide my hands on her arms softly. 

"How about we go out on a date?" she whispered. Her breath continued to give me shivers and I sighed. 

"What did you have in mind?" I grinned. 

"I was thinking the cliche of going to the movies. You can pick it if you want but i get to determine the amount of butter that goes on the popcorn."

"Deal" I laughed.