Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

"Stop staring at that," Taehyung scrunched his nose as he prepared breakfast in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and put the newspapers aside.

"Jeon Jungkook, the heir of a billionaire is now the leading CEO for his father company, " I mocked and Taehyung couldn't help but to chuckle.

I frowned. What was so good about Jungkook? He's just a human being with lots of money and bimbos.

"You know, at least he's doing something, not like you who's staying under her friend's shelter instead of searching for jobs," Taehyung muttered under his breath as he poured the milk in his bowl of cereals. (yes i ended it- cereal before milk)

I groaned and smacked him on the shoulder, "Well i'm trying! No one wants to publish my book and I've never understand why! What am i lacking?"

He grumbled underneath his breath from the sharp pain, "Maybe if you've experienced a love life than you could write about romantic novels," He snapped.

I swayed my arms at him and told him to shut up. I didn't need his critics and advice on my love life. So what if I have never dated a man in my entire life? I know the right man will come along the way. Like Kang joon, he's soooo attractive and sincere but unfortunately he works under Jungkook too. They're apparently "best friends" and great business partners.

Taehyung shifted to grab the newspaper while I sneakily took a spoonful of his cheerios. Just as he was about to look at me, I failed to hide my attempt. He caught me with the milk dripping down my chin.

I giggled but all he did was stare as he licked his lips, "Taehyung?" I called out and he snapped out of his mind.

"U-uh," He blushed, his hands gripped tightly on the newspaper as I cocked one of my eyebrows, "You okay?"

"You know, Jungkook's company, Jeon Co. , is hiring new employees," Taehyung ignored my question as he pointed at one part of the crumpled newspaper.

I laughed, "Are you dead serious?"

His eyes looked dead serious and I stopped laughing. Nani?

"Y/N, this is a lot of money, $15k PER MONTH! Furthermore, you're good with this stuff. I mean you can bargain, organise, and manipulate people," Taehyung explained and even though that's a good sum of money, I would not ever work there.

"Come on! It's not that bad! You just have to work as the assistant for Jungkook-"

I choked on basically bullshit in the air. Is he sniffing cocaine or something?

"No!" I shook my head, "That's even worse! More time with him is not something I want!" I grumbled ready to walk away from him.

He stopped me, "Kang Joon will be there too you know, the more time you spend with Jungkook, the more you will see Kang Joon."

I took a glance at Taehyung who was now beaming brightly. I gaped my mouth and closed it as I had no other excuse to rebut. His eyes gleamed in victory as he knew he won the round, "Just do this for me and for yourself. With the money, you can also publish your book!"

I sighed as he placed his arms on my shoulder. I looked at him before wailing defeatedly, "Fine, I'll try."

"So, when's the interview?" I asked
He took a look at the newspaper again.

"Hm, today," He let go of me showed me his beaming smile.

What?

"Taehyung, you cannot be serious," I mumbled, I motioned my hands saying I'm not ready for this.

"You agreed."

-

I cannot believe I'm in front of the Jeon's Company. My heart raced as I took another step towards the huge glass walls. Taehyung stood beside me, putting on his gummy smile.

"Taehyung, I'm not ready-"

"Gurl, please. What is there to be afraid of? Plus you look banging," He smirked and I scoffed, shoving him playfully.

I heaved, taking small deep breaths, as I nod slowly.

"Okay," I clasped my hands together, "I'm doing this for us, but mostly for me."

"Shut up, and get your ass in there, make me a proud mama!" He shouted as he pushed me towards the building.

He was already waving his hands as I walked in the luxurious building. Everything was so lux, even the floor was well-polished. I could hear my heels clicked against the stainless white marble floor. I made my way to the receptionist and asked her about the details of the job.

She was very pleasant to me. She gave me every detail I needed and told me to go to the 15th floor.

"You can do this," I whispered to myself as I grabbed the application form from the kind woman.

I pushed the strands of my brunette hair behind my ears as I pat my lips softly to even out my brightly coloured lipstick. Taehyung said wearing red will definitely catch their attention, so why not? If i'm going, I have to dress the best.

I was suddenly pushed in when I reach the elevator. There were too many people in the elevator and I could barely breathe. Everyone was silent and on their phones. No one greeted each other and I actually felt quite intimidated.

As soon as I reached my floor, there were a lot of other people looking for the position I applied for as well. A lot of them look smarter than me. For sure I know I could not get selected.

"Bring her in," I heard a rich deep male's voice across the hallway.

"Anyone here goes by the name of 'Ms Y/N'?" I could feel the hairs on my skin rising.

Taehyung must have applied me sooner so I would not have had to wait for so long.

I raised my hand shyly and the guy gave me a warm smile, "Welcome to Jeon's Company, I hope you're prepared for your interview." He lead me down the hallway will his hand holding the small of my back.

I am ready.

No I'm not.

Wait a minute. I can't do this.