Chapter 28

Not edited
Y/N's POV

"I'm going to get married."

The room echoed in silence. Taehyung paused and looked up from his bowl with dumplings stuff in his mouth.

"W-what?" His eyes almost budging out of his eyes, "Are you serious? With who?"

Sweat prickle down my forehead as I try to find my words, "Well um- Jungkook."

His hand flew to his neck, choking onto his dumpling. I gasped, rushing to his side and offered him drinks while patting his back.

"Oh my god!" He breathed out, the dumpling land onto the wooden table.

"Do you need more water?!"

He didn't reply but I could feel his strong gaze on me while I was avoiding his eyes.

"You barely know him!" Taehyung exclaimed, not caring if he had just choke onto a dumpling.

I scratched my head while sighing deeply, "Taehyung, I need to explain to you everything."

After what it seems like an hour explaining to him about what had been happening to me these last three months, he sat there shock and speechless.

"I should've have trusted you when you said he was a bad man! Now look he's getting you into this!" Taehyung shook his head in disbelief before shifting his eyes on me, "I know we fought about our relationship...but I don't want to interfere your decisions, so choose whatever makes you feel comfortable-"

"I like him Taehyung," That was it.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably. Sharp breath taken in every two seconds while my hands turned clammy and my vision became blurry.

"Y/n!" He scooted closer to me, his hands on my shoulder while leaning closer to my face.

"I don't know why! I'm sorry!-"

My words were muffled as soon as he pulled me into a warm hug which I have been dying for. My hand placed on his back, tugging him closer to me as I cry deeper into his chest. He gently stroke my hair, calming me down.

"It's okay Y/n," He muttered underneath his breath while I sob.

"I'm scared Taehyung, what if he's not the person I think he is! I mean look, he has lots of dark secrets and what if he hadn't told me all the truth."

Taehyung gulped, "Sometimes you cant control who you like..." He paused before adding in, "But if you really like him, then why not try taking the risk to love him."

I pulled my self away from him and he chuckled. Seeing my eyes become puffy while my cheeks become flustered and stained with tears.

"Trust me, you don't want to regret not taking the risk," Taehyung added in as he remembered his situation with me.

"Taehyung..." I trailed looking at his forced toothy grin, "I'm sorry for whatever happened between us and I really mean it."

His arms grew tighter on me, "Nahh it's chill, i'm getting bored of you so?" He jokes and I laughed, pushing him away from me.

As I turned to the corner, my eyes caught a glimpse of Jungkook holding two soju bottles while standing there, looking at us with no emotion.

"Jungkook?" I called out, wiping my tears.

He snapped out of his thoughts and I could see his adam's apple bobbed up and down, "Uhhh... I think i'll leave now, you guys have fun."

My eyebrows creased together in confusion, "What?"

"Mr Yap, will be waiting in the car so am I, if you're ready to leave... meet us there," He smiled before passing us the soju bottles and left.

"He's weird," I giggled taking the bottle and ready to open it up.

"He's jealous."

I stopped and look at Taehyung before bursting into laughters, "Pleaseee, why would he?"

Taehyung arched one of his eyebrows, "What do you mean? Obviously he'll get jealous because your having fun with me instead of your fiancé."

I guessed he had a point but I ignored it.

"Y/n... if you're going to get married, might as well have fun with the fiancè, plus u confessed that you like him," Taehyung sighed.

I frowned and Taehyung seemed to notice it.

"You have to stop being insecure of yourself and let people love you, I know it's tough because of your family background but that doesn't have to stop you from loving anybody else," Taehyung damn right exposed me.

"Mama and Papa was different."

"They died in a car accident, they didn't have the option to love me-"

"But others do, I care and I love you... I just want the best for you," Taehyung paused before his eyes widened, "Now... no wonder you think me as a brother or a friend!" He laughed to himself.

I grinned, "I love you too."

Before I could kiss Taehyung on the cheek, I heard someone stumbled across the chair beside us, "Sorry, just getting the paycheck for you guys."

And that person was Jungkook.

His cheeks were rich in deep red and his brows were furrowed together. He was biting his lips harshly, nibbling onto his bottom lip before he finally stormed out of the restaurant.

"Well he's really mad now," Taehyung pointed it out and I groaned.

Seriously?