Chapter 6

Y/N's POV

I watched as everyone took their own seats. Jungkook pushed past me, causing me to stumble as he took his seat at the further end. I followed to his direction and sat beside him as he tried to move further away from me. I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you for being here everyone," A familiar voice caught me off guard.

Kang Joon was representing.

Oh god, he looks so heavenly. I tried to hide my foolish smile and looked away from him only to see Jimin opposite me.

Damn two hot boys in the same room? Isn't this heaven already?

I blushed when Jimin smirked at me, raising his arms to wave at me. Jungkook seemed to notice as he shoved me. A groan left my mouth, causing him to chuckle.

"What the heck?" I whispered through my gritted teeth.

"We came here to listen not to flirt," He snapped.

Well, he had a point. I had no good comebacks to say so I kept my mouth shut.

As they were talking, I went off to space, thinking about what I should do at home. Or should I start thinking about moving out?

I didn't realise I was stoning when Jungkook called me out. He was already presenting and I was shocked.

"Ms Y/n?" Jungkook called me out and I could tell he was getting irritated but still trying to cover it with a polite tone.

"Yes! Yes," I nodded my head eagerly and he dropped his jaw when the other company shouting joyfully.

Jungkook face-palmed himself before giving me a death glare. I'm confused? Why are there people screaming in euphoria while my team look devastated.

"You are fucking ridiculous," Jungkook grumbled as he came to me.

I flinched, thinking he would do something to me but he only snatched his files from the desk beside me and stormed out.

Before he went out, he whispered to Kang joon, "This is what you called a benefit? She's fucking ridiculous and pointless," Jungkook heaved angrily.

Kang Joon knew I heard everything Jungkook said because he made it loud enough for me to hear it. I looked down, so confused and downhearted, what did I do that was so wrong?

"Don't worry," A voice snapped me back to reality.

Kang Joon smiled apologetically, "He's just angry that you let Mr Park Jimin's Company to be a part of our company..." Kang Joon explained before adding in, "Afterall, they aren't even in good terms in the beginning."

I sat there speechless, god why did I say yes?! I should've focused more on that stupid talk! Now Jungkook's really going to be a jerk to me.

Suddenly, I received a text message from Jungkook.

Lameass: Where the fuck are you?

Me: In the conference room

Lameass: Are you their assistant or mine?

Me: Yours?

Lameass: Then fucking get to my office now.

I got up from my chair instantly and didn't get a chance to say thank you to Kang Joon for his comforting words. Before I could run out of the office, the familiar jet-black hair stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He grinned as his puffy cheeks rises.

"Jungkook needs me," I muttered and he laughed, "Oh you're serious? You're really working for him?"

I slowly nodded, not getting his point.

"How can you stand him?" He folded his arms, looking amused.

I broke into a smile, "Some people just have to sacrifice themselves."

I left him there dumbfounded and I felt bad but I wasn't going to let Jungkook be a pain in the ass because I was late.

I hissed as I ran with my heels on, I could feel the blisters forming onto the back of my feet already.

"You ruined everything," Jungkook mentioned as he saw me panting at the doorstep.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention!"

He laughed, thinking it was a joke, "You expect me to believe that? Or you just really hate me that much that you'll allow my company to sink as they take half of my shares over? Or it's just your desperate crush on Jimin because you think someone like him will ever fall in love with you?"

I clenched my first by my side as his words hit me like a stinging slap across the face. I didn't want to talk back because I knew he would confirm fire me right there and then.

"Look, I wasn't paying attention-"

"Well then pay attention! Im paying you $15k per month and this is what I get?!" He yelled as his palms slammed against the wooden desk.

I flinched slightly when the loud noise scared me. He looked terrifying than ever and for once I was afraid of him. As if he could actually hurt me.

He rubbed his temples before sighing and took his seat onto his leather chair.

"Just fucking seat already," He mumbled in annoyance.

I quickly took my seat and he looked up at me with unreadable eyes. He looked unsatisfied but it soon changes to a sly smirk. His hands moved to the cappuccino sitting on the cup holders. I watched his every step closely while being puzzled. What is he trying to do?

Without even thinking twice, he smacked the cup down and the large amount of coffee spilled everywhere across the floor. I gasped and immediately stood up, "What the hell?!"

It got onto my blouse and the carpet.

"Clean it up," He casually said.

I scoffed, "What?"

He raised his eyebrows, "You heard me, go and clean it off."

"It splattered everywhere on the carpet! and there's plenty of cleaners here!" I argued and he shoot me a death glare, making me dead silent.

"So? You're my assistant, do whatever I command you to do." He mumbled while flipping through the pages of his documents.

"Jungkook, you've gotta be kidding me," I muttered still in disbelief.

He smiled mockingly before continuing his work. I left the room with my blouse stained in coffee and my ponytail tied loosely while few strands were covering my face.

People outside the office were staring at me weirdly. Some of the guys were giving me a sly smirk plus wiggling their eyebrows while the girls were talking to each other as if they're gossiping.

I quickly took the mop, some wet clothes and a bottle of soap, hoping that this three things would get rid of the coffee stain.

I walked back to the office while ignoring everyone. I saw Jungkook was happily calling someone on the phone so I didn't bother to disturb him.

I got on my knees and started scrubbing the stain off. It was getting hotter and I tried to tie my hair properly but the elastic band broke. I had no choice but to let my hair down. I also had to unbotton the top buttons before getting back to scrubbing the stupid stain off.

Jungkook ended his call before walking back to his seat. His eyes slightly widened when he saw me down on my knees and scrubbing off the stain. He gulped.

Boi was he turned on.

-

Author's note: You already know what's gonna happen 🤷‍♀️🤭