Chapter 12

Y/N's POV

Damn. How long have I been in the bathroom trying to avoid Jungkook? I groaned, thinking about what i did to him again.

"Why can't I just stop?" I muttered to myself, "He is the reason why me and Taehyung aren't friends anymore!"

Well, part of it is my fault too but-

A sudden vibration pulled me from my thoughts. I reached for my phone in my jean pocket to see the green icon glaring at me. It shows a bunch of unread messages from Jimin and Jungkook.

Jiminie:  Where are you? Haven't seen you around lately after the Jungkook incident.

Jiminie: Are you alright??

Y/n: Yes I am. Just busy with work 😖

I sighed deeply before opening Jungkook's text, which I probably shouldn't.

Ifuckinhatehim: I know you're avoiding me

Ifuckinhatehim: But the longer you avoid me, the faster you will loose your job 🥰

With a scowl forming tight on my face, I left him on read. Maybe I shouldn't have avoided him. It shows that I am a coward.

I heaved frustratedly and got out of the tiny cubicle. It was getting hot and I am starting to sweat. I went to the mirror and washed my face. As I looked up, I saw my reflection. A pitiful girl. That's it.

"Just do this for yourself Y/n," I muttered before grabbing all my courage to go to the meeting room and face Jungkook. Again.

"Ms Y/n!" Kang Joon shouted in relief as soon as I opened the door, "Where have you been!"

He rushed to me as he grabbed my shoulder, checking to see if I had any bruised and marks or I got injured.

I raised my head and saw Jungkook who rolled his eyes with a mocking smile on his face.

I laughed awkwardly and avoided everyone's gaze, especially Jungkook's.

"I had to take care of something personal," I explained in a reassuring smile.

Kang joon returned his charming smile, which usually would make me swoon all over him on tv but lately, his charms doesn't work on me anymore.

The presentation continues as I went to take a seat beside Jungkook who had his eyes on me since I stepped in. He was judging me, of course.

I tried covering myself with my hair cascading down my face but I could still feel his burning gaze from the side that makes my stomach churn and my heartbeat quicken.

The room was getting warmer and warmer. I gulped. Please do not say anything.

"Where did you go?" He whispered.

Ugh.

Hesitantly, my head turned to him. My mouth gaped open, ready to say an excuse or an insult but my voice was stuck in my throat.

I embarrassedly shifted my gaze to the speaker, closing my mouth shut.

Jungkook knitted both of his eyebrows together, confused why there's no insult attacking him. He shrugged, leaning against the leathered chair while his broad arms folded against each other.

"Thank you for joining us today. I hope you will find the solution to this problem," Kang Joon said.

Everyone clapped for his new idea. It was a good idea, with his plans on combining Park's and Jeon's cargo companies. My lips curved into a huge grin, applauding him as well.

As everyone started to wrap up and leave, I pushed myself up from the seat but someone stopped me, both his hands were clenching on the chair's arm rest, trapping me in my seat.

"Ya! What do you think you're doing?" I squeaked in sudden scare and Jungkook just looked at me with his smug smirk.

Everyone turned to look at us. Fortunately, Kang Joon shooed them away but soon he left the room and it was only me and Jungkook left inside.

Jungkook sighed, "I get that you're upset with-"

"I'm not!" I cut him off while shaking my head, "I'm fine, we're fine. Now let me go," I nodded my head in reassurance.

He wrinkled his nose as he looked at me in disbelief, "Ya!" He raised his voice and I flinched. He seemed to notice that, "Why are you so hard to understand. Do you hate me? Or do you not?"

I rolled my eyes, my fingers brushing his cheeks, "Of course I hate you," I breathed, smiling in satiric.

He snickered and pushed my hands away, "God," He groaned, "Why are you so fuckable?" His eyes peered at me and my tummy just did that flip flop thingy.

Why is it doing that thing?! It's been ages since that happened! And it was during high school when my crush accidentally brushed his hands against mine- Okay maybe slap his hands against mine but still. Why is it doing that?!

I gulped, I could feel heat rushing to my cheeks. I knew I was as red as a tomato. My heart was thumping against my chest unexpectedly fast and I was forced to take sharp breaths.

"U-uh, could you just let go of me now?" I muttered.

My hands were getting clammy. He pursed his lip while looking down at me with his dense brown orbs. I hitched another breath. Why is he making me nervous?

"Y/n! Kang Joon say you were here-"

Jimin burst into the door as his eyes fixed onto his phone. When he looked up his jaw hang loose and I was extremely anxious to the edge that I felt it's devouring the inside of me.

"Um," Jimin paused, looking at both me and Jungkook back and forth.

Jungkook has one of his eyebrows quirked up as he let go of the arm rest. Finally, allowing me free. I pushed the chair back and stood up, relieved that my heartbeat rate has at least decreased.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked, his voice turned cold.

Jimin scoffed, "Of course I'm here to take Y/n home."

"You don't need to do that, she can go home by herself. It's not like she is special or anything," Jungkook snickered as he gazed at me.

I felt hurt. I didn't know why his words would affect me. I knew I saw this coming. He is just going to insult me.

Teeth in between my lips, I heaved before smiling. "Yeah I'm not special, but at least I'm not a snob." I sneered, walking to Jimin.

"Oh so you guys are finally dating? Well at least I have a brain and do not use other people's pity for money," He laughed.

I stopped in my track and shifted my gaze at him, that just really hit the limit. I tried to say something but if I do, I know that I would only break down right there. Jungkook noticed it and it seemed like he felt guilty. I mean what he's saying is true, isn't it?

"Let's go Jimin," I dragged the confused boy in front of me.

"Wait!" Jungkook stopped us, "Where are you two going?"

"Where else? Jimin's house."