Chapter 14

Your's POV

Time had never went by insufferably slow until today. I was still stuck in the conference room with Jungkook by my side. He hasn't shoot a dirty glance in my direction or at the very minimum, spit his wonderful remark. Something was definitely wrong.

I tilted my head, pen placed between my teeth as my eyes strained on him. I sighed, giving up his indecipherable body language and turned my attention to Kang Joon who was talking. He was holding a board, showing our statics for this year.

"That's why Jungkook has a good idea to propose this investment to our international investors," Kang Joon brimmed towards Jungkook who'd just stood up while buttoning his tux.

He flashed his signature smile that made girls swoon all over him but I didn't complain. In fact, i hate to admit that it is fetching.

Jungkook cleared his throat, "I have decided that for me to work with our international investors, I will have to take the effort and amend things with them but to show my sincerity I will travel around the globe to visit them personally," He paused and his eyes shifted on me, "But I can't do that alone so Ms Y/N will be coming along." His lips curved into a devious smirk.

I gaped, the pen dropped from my hands as my lips parted slightly. What the actual fuck?

"You're just!-"

As I was about to curse at him, the glances from across the table stopped me. My mouth shut in embarrassment  before forcing myself into a tight smile, agreeing that his idea is great.

Everyone left the conference room, with a satisfied smile plastered across their faces. Except me. I was the last one to leave the room as I had to make sure the desk was clean.

"Ugh! Does he really loves to torture me?" I talked to myself in frustration before being interrupted by someone.

The sudden knock made me jump and being the cloddish person I am, I knock over the pencil holder and to my luck all the pencils fell to the floor, scattering everywhere.

"Dammit!" I frowned irritatedly before darting my gaze towards the someone who caused the mess.

My frown disappeared as soon as I saw Kang Joon standing inches away from me.

"Oh shit, let me help you with that," He muttered, hurrying to the floor to collect all the pencils for me.

Heat rushed to my cheeks when he stood back up in front of me.

"Thank you," I murmured shyly as he passed the pencils.

I grabbed them from his hand, and my fingers accidentally grazed on his tender skin. He cleared his throat. I instantly put back the pencils in the holder.

"You look upset," He pointed out and my eyes shifted back to him.

"Well..." I fiddled with my fingers, "I obviously don't like Jungkook, of course I'm upset to go on a trip with him alone."

Kang joon let a small laugh, "You're the only person that i've met who hate Jungkook kinda amusing to me," He folded his arms and arched one of his eyebrows, "But why?"

"Jungkook is the worst, he's arrogant, annoying and cruel."

"But that's what you read from the media," Kang Joon said and my brain went blank from what to reply him.

"Well, i think it's true and that's my opinion, not everyone has the same opinion... if i hate him means I do," I folded my arms across my chest mockingly.

He grinned, his eyes beaming with excitement, "We should hang out more y/n, you're cool." He licked his lips, gazing at me up and down.

I scrunched my nose and slightly
nudge him on his shoulder, "That totally screams fuckboy," I giggled.

"Kang Joon."

We snapped both of our heads to the person leaning against the door. His arms folded across his chest while his eyes examine us back and forth.

"Are you done flirting with her?" Jungkook asked Kang Joon, "Can i have my assistant back?" His voice came out harsh.

Kang Joon heaved and muttered an apology before leaving the room.

I groaned, "Seriously?"

He shoot me a death glare and I defeatedly stayed silent.

"Come to my office, we have to discuss a few things," Jungkook said suspiciously formal.

"What? Are you going to tell me what to wear now when we go for our honeymoon?" I muttered, pushing past by him.

Suddenly, he laughed. Stopping me in my tracks as he blocked my way to his office. I narrowed my eyes on him when his hands grabbed both of my arms.

The hairs behind my neck stood up and I could feel my heartbeat quickens as fast as a hyena. The stuffs around us wasn't helping me to calm down either.

Everything about him right now was intimidating me.

"But," He paused, leaning closer, "I'd prefer you naked actually." I choked on my saliva and hit my chest to calm me down.

I hit his shoulder in humiliation and he stumbled while laughing hysterically. People were staring at us in confusion and my cheeks turned as red as a tomato. I've never wanted to hide myself under the covers so badly before.