Chapter XVI

Chapter XVI
(Memory)
   I was in our living room taking a rest after a long day of training. Lilac came in holding a paper with a picture of the whole family. 

"Daddy look! I made this to all of us. Do you like it?" I put my hand on her head and mess with her hair. 

"Sure is Lilac. Why won't you put it on the kitchen's table. Mom and your brother would love to see it too." I smiled. She walk inside the kitchen as I continue to watch when I heard a glass break. 

"May! Did you break something?" I said. She didn't answer. "May! You there sweetheart?" I ask. The atmosphere change. I close the movie I am watching and walk towards the kitchen to see a broken window. I saw the drawing that my daughter did on the table. 

"May!" I started to call for her. I pick up the paper and turn it over.

"Dear Mister Chavier,
          I have your precious daughter. If you wanted to get her back you need to come into the forest without any cops. I have my people watching you. If ever you contact the cops your daughter will be our next trooper. 
                                                                 - R"

I was panicking. My breathing is uncontrollable fast same as my heart beat making it harder to focus . 'I have no choice' I grab a knife and headed towards the forest. I shrug the feeling of being follow knowing that she had her word of her people watching me. 

'Came on May. Stay strong.' I made it to the forest. I went in as I went deeper and deeper. 

"Ahhh!" I herd a shriek somewhere near me.

"Lilac!" I started to follow the familiar yell of my daughter. I saw her tied up in a tree. "Lilac, I'm coming-" I was stop in my tracks when a knife pass me. 

"Your coming to me." said a voice. I grab my knife and hold it tight. 

"Show yourself!" 

"Is that how you greeted your master?" Someone came down the tree and landed on the ground. 

"Mister Chavier, what a pleasant surprise to see you here. Want your daughter back?" 

"If you hurt her I will kill you!" 

"Is that suppose to be a joke?" she said cold and more show up all wearing a mask and their hood up hiding any facial features. I aimed the knife, one near me but he dodge it, garb on my arm and throw me back towards the ground. "Your like us. Came and join us." he said. 

"I am nothing like you!" I stand up and dodge his attack only to be I trip on one of their trap as I flew up, cage by a metal cage. 

"Daddy!" 

"Lilac calm down." I said. She nod. I look down to see more people coming. 

"You know Mister Chavier. We can set your daughter free if you join our team. Most of them is like you. We are different but we are in a group. So what you say? Set your daughter free or I will kill both of you." 

'Came on think! Lilac is more special than I am. She's the little girl who wanted you to join her game. Not a dad who wanted her to be all trap like this.' 

"Dad!" I look at Lilac to see one of their kind holding a match. 

"You have 5...4...3...2..." 

"I'll go!" 

"Dad." I herd her say. Their leader look at the guy told him to untie Lilac. The guy started to untie her and Lilac started to run towards the leader and started to kick her. 

"Leave me and my daddy alone you monster!" 

"On my? Is this little one trying to me heroic by kicking me?" and the leader grab her by her hair and pulled her up making her cry in pain. "Look kid! Your dad made a decision. If you wanted to join him you must join us too. Your daddy already answered. Men! Bring this thing back where you find her and make sure to erase this event to ever happened." 

They saluted and put a shack over Lilac and they started to disappear. 

"Now, as for you." he started to trow a bomb towards me as pink smoke appeared making me dizzy. I feel back as blackness appeared. "The only thing you will remember is me as your conductor."

(Reality)

"Lilac" I shout back as my eyes open. I saw a shock seeing Lilac, Rosales and a Doctor. Lilac went running towards me and hug me. 

"I thought you will not going to wake up!" she said crying.

"Sorry if I scared you." I said hugging back. I look back at Rosales to know what happened. She gesture for the doctor. I nod. She took Lilac out as the doctor explained what happened.

"Sir, the cops found you laying on the ground inside the forest after your wife notice your not coming home for 3 days. They didn't see any guide or anyone that may possible take you there. Do you remember any event happened?" he ask. 

I started to explain what happened and on what I really know. After I explained, doc stand up and inject something in me. 

"Guess that smoke didn't last after they are killed. This time I won't get any mistake. Not like my brother using that pink bomb, this time it's on your nerves now." then I black out once again. "Sweat tight my puppet." 

Edit Date: April 8, 2020