twenty-three : Birthday Surprise

"Hurry up Y/N, the guests will be there soon !"

The voice of my mom chimed through the house and I gave up my current occupation of staring at the ceiling to start changing into my expensive dress I was given for my birthday.

You could say I was kind of unmotivated celebrating my own birthday.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, my parents took a lot of effort in planning the party, but I imagined celebrating my 18th birthday - you know - with friends.

"Y/N come downstairs, now !"

I sighed and then began to make my way downstairs.

A lot more people than I thought were invited.

Relatives I haven't seen my whole life greeted me, acting as if  we were close, leaving me in utter confusion.

So this is my family?

Don't get me wrong, they seemed to be nice people but I just couldn't believe my parents had never let me meet them.

I was talking with my aunt, eating some cake and trying hard not to make her feel awkward when mom joined us with a rather confused expression.

"There's a guy outside." She said not really informative.

I frowned.

Didn't I tell Jeongin that I would meet him tomorrow?

Just before I opened the door I realized who this guy was, but it was already too late.

The door revealed the probably most heart melting sight I would ever experience, making me squeal in surprise.

"Happy birthday Kitten!"

It's an understatement that I was totally caught off guard. That's why I let Yoongi hug me and hand me the heart shaped balloons, whispering in my ear: "You look beautiful."

He walked past me in to the house and I followed him dumbfounded.

"Y-Yoongi? What are you doing here ?"

He grinned at me playfully.

"I couldn't miss the birthday of my girl, could I?"

I blinked at the warm feeling developing in my stomach and felt a smile spread over my face.

"And I wanted to take this opportunity to meet your parents."

My smile dropped immediately.

"W-What? No, you can't do that!"

He cocked his head to the side in amusement.

"And why is that?"

"They will think we're a couple or something and then they will hate you."